User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FPV GT to hit 0-100 in 4.9 seconds

Ummm the Mps rrps @ $40k + onroads. The GS FPV with 100% same engine as the GT just different tune (315kw) is mid 50k. Considering size, comfort and ultimate Tuneability what other car do you suggest represents better value?? Ohh and the GT is around $70 + inroads. Which car are we discussing sits at 80 - 100k ?? Better sticking with the facts me thinks
    Last edited by magoo; 07-10-2010 at 08:56 PM.

It's mostly on personal choice, if I had the money, I would still get a Japanese car over a Ford or Holden. Not to say someone else would choose Ford or Holden over a Japanese car. Imho, 4.9 for a car with that much power isn't impressive. Hey it might be fun to drive, but some people enjoy getting whipped so to each there own.

Ha, most of you people are dilusional. To think that any of the MPS cars match these for performance is a joke. I just sold my MPS6, which was tuned and has a few extra goodies, around $3000 worth. I bought a BF XR6 Turbo ute, stock, it's quicker than the MPS was tuned, and with another $1500 spent it will anihilate it. It might not be quiet as quick around corners, but it will more than make up for it on the straights. To say that they are overstating the power levels ludacris, they are understated, take you mazda goggles off people, do some research and you will understand. And go drive an FG falcon and tell me it's not as nice as an MPS. An FG XR6 Turbo can be had brand new for $35000, puts out 250kW at the wheels standard, has more tech inside it than an MPS and is all round a better car.

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Just out of curiosity kmh001, Whats your average fuel conuption guage show right now?

I for one will support any and all manufacturers doing more and more forced induction. The more R&D that goes into that, the more fun cars are going to be to drive.

Will I ever buy a ford or holden? No. Is that my personal preference? Yes

C'mon who here does NOT want to see the V8's running around bathurst with superchargers?

Everyone has there view.. i have driven Xr8's Xr6t's SS commies, HSV... guess what there all booooring.. so what if there faster standard doesnt take the booorring factor out of it. When i buy a car i not care about straight line, does it excite me when im doing 100k's CUZ i have modded all my cars i have owned JUST make it faster.. i have driven slow cars and some have givin me more driving pleasure than big fords for just a fraction of the price....

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Ha, most of you people are dilusional. To think that any of the MPS cars match these for performance is a joke. I just sold my MPS6, which was tuned and has a few extra goodies, around $3000 worth. I bought a BF XR6 Turbo ute, stock, it's quicker than the MPS was tuned, and with another $1500 spent it will anihilate it. It might not be quiet as quick around corners, but it will more than make up for it on the straights. To say that they are overstating the power levels ludacris, they are understated, take you mazda goggles off people, do some research and you will understand. And go drive an FG falcon and tell me it's not as nice as an MPS. An FG XR6 Turbo can be had brand new for $35000, puts out 250kW at the wheels standard, has more tech inside it than an MPS and is all round a better car.

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

Just out of curiosity kmh001, Whats your average fuel conuption guage show right now?
    Fords overstated power claims is FACT, not opinion.
    Holden use SAE measurement, as does the majority of manufactures, ford use DIN. If ford was to use SAE they would get a lower number, so if Holden was to use SAE they would be higher.
    When tested by wheels or motor magazine (whichever it was) Holden showed a much smaller percentage difference in power claims to actual recorded power than the fords did.

Also read what kmh (mal) wrote about chassie dynos. He is 100% correct. They are useless for comparing cars. So I couldn't care less if somebody claims they got 250kw at the wheels in a stock car. There is so many variables, that statement is pointless. And if you want to argue that if it made 250kw then add 15% for drivetrain loss. That's also rubbish. That's a myth. Again, proven by SAE (society of automotive engineers)
    The rest of what you say is correct.

I've driven without exageration hundreds of falcons and commodores.
    The holdens were mostly very consistent. Build quality, performance between identical models were much the same.
    The fords were all over the place, some were brilliant, some were absolute rubbish.
    Although you do get some freak motorcars on occasions. Dad and my brother will back me on this, my old stock manual 3ltr VL was such a car. So much quicker than any other VL I've driven, even some turbos.

One thing that gets to me though, people get all worked up over different cars, which is fine, if we all liked the same car it will be boring. But why is it so often than a cars quality or desirability is based purely on it's performance?
    There is so much more than that.

So Ford dont overstate power they just read the power from a different spot that gives them a larger number, there isn't anything wrong with that... Especially when they outpace the direct rivals.

Main reason why Australian car companies aussie built cars aren't that consistent is because look at how many they selling globally, compared to like a Mazda or Focus its like a drop in the ocean, i dont believe thats the way companies should look at it but im pretty confident it is.

Ford selling like 40,000 Falcons a year they probably dont see a need to put hundreds of millions into quality control when the bulk of there customers are happy with the current product and its price. Better quality would be nice though...

My MPS is better then mums Xr6 and on par with Dads F6.

Using a different method to record their quoted power figure to every other manufacturer making their number higher, deliberately, IS the same as overstating, it's misleading.
    But I really expect nothing less than that from fords marketing department.

Holden has got smart I think, and taken a leaf out of AMG's book.
    Instead of going for headline grabbing numbers, they have concentrated on improving all other aspects of the car.
    Something I believe is much more important

And I don't think numbers made is an excuse for inconsistent production quality.
    It should be the opposite.
    And I can think of a few major international companies that are the same.

Only consistent companies are American. It's all crap!

And if you think I'm biased, I'm not, before the MPS I was very close to buying a xr6 turbo or xr8, or a SS

My best mate went from a Xr6T with HUGGGEE power 400-500 atw on the dyno. he liked the ford but to normal. went to a 1982 rx7 with 300hp atw 13bT!! he said.. loves it 'its raw'... FUN TO DRIVE gives u that nerve rush when u start to drive it.. and it does

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Using a different method to record their quoted power figure to every other manufacturer making their number higher, deliberately, IS the same as overstating, it's misleading.
    But I really expect nothing less than that from fords marketing department.

You speak as if the quoted power figures are th actual recorded value. Fact is, all companies quoted figures are products of a marketing department, regardless of the way they measure it.

Problem is guys this whole thread started regarding the performance of the upcoming coyote falcons.

Not build quality, not fun factor and not handling.

The bagging started relating to this and the defence came addressing this. You guys have gone off on tangents in an attempt to win an arguement that was not even present.

Coming form someone with a 3 mps and no agenda I can comfortably say that I have a cheap, tempramental, frail, over powered (for fwd), low traction, straight line car. I am under no illusions that I have a premium car nor a seriously fast car at that. I essentially drive a overpowered womens car but am comfortable with that
    08 VW GTI PIRELLI DSG - 1 OF 400
    S3 HEART WITH 229 kw OF APR GOODNESS

SOLD - 06 MPS3 / CPE CAI / CPE HKS BOV / CPE HV2 BELLMOUTH DUMP & METALLIC CAT / CPE MOUNT / COBB SUSPENSION / DBA SLOTTED ROTORS C/W HAWKS PADS

I've heard that most F6's are UNDER-RATED at 310fwkw.....how would ford have sold any V8's if they quoted a turbo 6 having more power ?

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post
    Problem is guys this whole thread started regarding the performance of the upcoming coyote falcons.

The bagging started relating to this and the defence came addressing this. You guys have gone off on tangents in an attempt to win an arguement that was not even present.

Coming form someone with a 3 mps and no agenda I can comfortably say that I have a cheap, tempramental, frail, over powered (for fwd), low traction, straight line car. I am under no illusions that I have a premium car nor a seriously fast car at that. I essentially drive a overpowered womens car but am comfortable with that
    The moment u start a thead about another car maker other than mazda here... of cuz u will get discussion based on our view point cuz we choose our cars mps over all that was out there. Mazda 3/6 mps is why we joined, there are other people here with other cars. AND we love u for being here no matter what ur car.. adds flavour!!! we are ozmpsclub, im proud to say we accept all here. but i love mps's and the topic in my opinion is about the FPV personal i think there boring... but i will not hold anything against someone who owns a FPV, if ur part of the ozmps i call u friend. We all love cars thats why we here and i love all our opinions. BUT MINE STANDS HERE.. BORING !!!!!!!! and i will argue that

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    I've heard that most F6's are UNDER-RATED at 310fwkw.....how would ford have sold any V8's if they quoted a turbo 6 having more power ?
    Very true since they cost more
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Pretty sure the GT-P costs more than the F6....
    Redbook
    Redbook

Lovin' driving on the F3 every day!!!! NOT
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by magoo View Post

Yep I agree. I am sure a lot of people would say our cars are exactly what they are, overpowered, crap through the corners front drive, one step up from a girls car.
    But that is their opinion and what can we say they are probably pretty close to the truth. But they do go like a rocket after they get traction.

I do love that I can get pretty good fuel economy out of my 3, but in my opinion the build quality on a lot of the Mazdas are not that much different to the "taxi" falcons and commodores. (you only have to look through this forum and you can see many complaints).

In regards to whether i would own a FPV F6 or a GT, then answer probably would be yes. Comparability they are very good value for money in regards to their everyday performance in Australia the XR6 even better. Try towing a trailer any distance with a mazda 3 MPS and you will know what i mean.

We have what we want. And that is why we have them!
    2006 True Red Gen 1 3 MPS Sports.

ZOOM ZOOM ZZOOMZ

Corksport Stuff, Special Mazda 6 Horn

Everyone has there opinions and that what makes this discussion so intriguing .

Motor tested the new GS with a young motor like sub 2,000km it ran 13.4 and 177ish km/h. Motor claim lower to dead 13 from a GS is possible once it does 20,000km or so.

they put it on the dyno and achieved 256rwkw nearly spot what there have previously got for the new GTS.

I know this is Motor mag and most of the time they talk bs but its the first actually test drive .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmF8E...ext=1&index=19 u see FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! add 1500+kgs not fun

Do any of you guys claiming the falcon to be boring take your cars onto the track?

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Do any of you guys claiming the falcon to be boring take your cars onto the track?
    where not talking about the track!! where talking about driving on roads with other drivers and speed limits. falcons are boring on the road they just dont excite me ( if i wanted to hit the track every weekend i would have a dedicated track car)
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    where not talking about the track!! where talking about driving on roads with other drivers and speed limits. falcons are boring on the road they just dont excite me ( if i wanted to hit the track every weekend i would have a dedicated track car)

The topic was about the new GT doing 1-100 under the 5s mark, not about wether it was fun or not for Luke 3mps.

Under 5s for a car of that size and weight is impressive, period.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast