User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FPV GT to hit 0-100 in 4.9 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    Hardly impressive. My 5 year old 6MPS with a couple of bolt-ons does it in 4.82 seconds, with greater comfort and competence.
    But where was your other 4 cylinders and 100+kw??

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

I suspect the missing 100kw might only trouble people who believe in fairytales. And the environment (and my wallet) thanks me for the missing cylinders.

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    But where was your other 4 cylinders and 100+kw??
    and extra 200-300 kg
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

I may have missed it but anyone have any idea what the GT in question puts out at the wheels? I tried skim reading the article but there were too many manufacture facts and figures poking out I lost interest.

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    and extra 200-300 kg
    The GT has 145kW over the MPS6 so I would assume that would well cover the additional 200kgs. Still can't beat bike power to weight though FTW!
    Last edited by rogwick; 06-10-2010 at 12:07 PM.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

They are called FPV - Ford PERFORMACE Vehicles... not Ford Comfort Vehicles, so again having their best model only do "4.9" isn't impressive at all. I don't doubt that they look pretty nice and are really comfortable but most people don't buy it for that. I don't want to offend people but I just don't think FPV's or HSV's are worth it. To me, there are overprices, loud, non-impressive perfomance Nerf-Hearders .

again sorry if you own one, Not picking on you or anything, just saying MOO
    OMG pressing the right pedal makes me go forward!...but pressing the middle doesn't.. hows does that work?... aliens...

Using less fuel and having more fun around corners (more of a sports car all-rounder feel) I prefer the MPS6. Straight line performance gets old quickly IMO. The only thing I like about cars like the FPV GT is the sound. Put a zorst on there and most people would agree they sound great (a good exhaust though, not a rubbish ROAR of a V8 as a daily) but that's all that mildly interests me really.

COMFORT >>>>>>> A mate has a clubby, seats are shit hurt my back after about 1.5 hrs... SS commie same story... my best mate Xr8 and Xr6T (300kwatw).. ride was crap and seats again hurt my back after couple of hours.. he now owns a Rx7 and old mazda to drive to and from work.... the MPS everyone even my 60yr old mum, my dads mate who owned ford/holdens his whole life is about to buy a clubby, said where can i buy the seats. all loved the seats..! they liked the ride more than my neo ...
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Quote Originally Posted by Brackaus View Post
    They are called FPV - Ford PERFORMACE Vehicles... not Ford Comfort Vehicles, so again having their best model only do "4.9" isn't impressive at all. I don't doubt that they look pretty nice and are really comfortable but most people don't buy it for that. I don't want to offend people but I just don't think FPV's or HSV's are worth it. To me, there are overprices, loud, non-impressive perfomance Nerf-Hearders .

again sorry if you own one, Not picking on you or anything, just saying MOO

I think you guys miss the point.

1/ The awd cars will always put down really quick 0-100 times due to traction. The 3 MPS is a good example of poor traction, if I had 250kw atw I would still struggle to get under 5 secs.

2/ Ford themselves have said that the 80-120 times will show the grunt these cars have, fords are also always under tyred. Comparing to the AMG etc the ford does well. The c63 runs around 4.6-4.9 .

i have just come from owning a modified XR6 turbo and while yes it was not the greatest of the line, once up and running this thing was an animal something the MPS could never be but you cant compare the cars. i love the mps for the fun of being able to throw it around corners, my ford was like a boat around corners. but 80 to 120 in the ford was insane and it was only running 9psi. I think 4.9 for a car of that weight and how much they cost compared to the Mercs and Bmw's is rather good. The STI's and Evo's are a different car compared to the ford and holdens and are directed at a different person.

If the rumours are true of the GTHO coming next year with 375 kw then im sure we will see a low 4 sec 100km time
    06 MPS3 - MZR sri - bov - 18" speedy Fins - FOR SALE
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...tml#post164434

Considering one of these is going to be my next car in a few years i thought i should come out and bat for them...

Powerwise the 335 is under quoted mainly becuase the new standard 5.0 is meant to make 307kw but on a dyno has proven 280rwkw... Then fpv have pull a PD supercharge on that even though its low boost the 335 is just a number the F6 310 is meant to be 310kw but it isn't some have pulled 290rwkw from factory.

so for 0 - 100 times, dont read into magazines too much, on Fordforums about 5 - 10 ppl have managed 4.8 seconds on stock F6's and someone did a 12.4 1/4 mile... bone stock road wheels and just low fuel level.

The limit is the skinny tyre 245 cant put power down for shit.

As for handling, all i can say its more a cruiser in my eyes lol.

Considering the F6 does 80 - 120 in 2.7 seconds and FPV themselves the new V8 is a step up expect low 2 seconds... From memory the 911 turbo does it in 2.1 seconds???

A few points.
    Unless they all use the same method of calculating performance times (as they do in motoring magazines) comparing times is a pointless exercise. I've seen videos and claims of stock mps 3 doing 0-100 in less than 6 seconds. Recorded by timing it from a standstill to an indicated 100km/h. Let's not forget about speedo inaccuracy!
    Another thing, as I've pointed out before, ford NEVER understate their power figures, they measure it completely different to other companies to make it look better.
    Also, 335kw will be a starting point for them. Every update from now on will have an increase in power, as they usually do.

We have a cheap mostly Australian built car that can match the euros at twice the price.
    Loose a bit of weight and they will be neck and neck.
    That is impressive I think

they did understate the power on the f6 due to the fact of the GT power being slow low at the time

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    A few points.
    I've seen videos and claims of stock mps 3 doing 0-100 in less than 6 seconds. Recorded by timing it from a standstill to an indicated 100km/h. Let's not forget about speedo inaccuracy!
    Quite right, the 3MPS is well-known for it's speedo inaccuracy. However the Dashhawk can be calibrated to a high degree of precision and I've used GPS and Euclidean calculations to validate it. My 0-100 times are 100% accurate.

And I'm happy to support the argument that Holden and Ford over state the power figures. You only have to look at the weight shifted hp equation to see that those numbers were invented by the marketing department, not by engineers. And if anyone wants to argue that point without understanding that chassis dyno's are TOTALLY AND UTTERLY MEANINGLESS WHEN USED FOR COMPARATIVE POWER NUMBERS then don't bother (yes I'm shouting because so many magazine-reading gullible types just don't get it).

Gone to Volvo

I'll take this like a personal best. Well done Ford, keep it up.

LETS FACE IT THESE CARS ARE LIKE WATCHING PAINT DRY TO DRIVE BOoooooRING...

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    LETS FACE IT THESE CARS ARE LIKE WATCHING PAINT DRY TO DRIVE BOoooooRING...
    get mad burnouts and sideways action tho...
    if fat pizza has taught me nothing else, it's that only roadworthy cars can do burnouts
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

I think that sometimes we get a little excited and start to be believe that the MPS cars are the be all and end all.

The 6 is a nice car and due to awd will always put down better 0-100 times than the 3. Its more luxurious than the 3 and a nice, comfortable, reasonably grunty mid size car.

The 3 on the other hand is a high powered front driver based on a budget car and has many short comings.

We need to get off our high horses and remember we are not driving highly desirable euros ourselves

For your info the 5.0 S/C coyote in the US with higher boost will put down over 600 hp in a upcoming production car, so it is seriously detuned.
    08 VW GTI PIRELLI DSG - 1 OF 400
    S3 HEART WITH 229 kw OF APR GOODNESS

SOLD - 06 MPS3 / CPE CAI / CPE HKS BOV / CPE HV2 BELLMOUTH DUMP & METALLIC CAT / CPE MOUNT / COBB SUSPENSION / DBA SLOTTED ROTORS C/W HAWKS PADS

Y would u pay 60,80,100k for booooring.... 40k for mps at least there fun... there are better cars out there if i had 80,100k to spend i would over look mps,fpv,r8,sti,wrx,evo ETC

Ive gotta agree with Magoo here.
    Dont get me wrong, i love what my 3MPS offers for the price......
    But 575nm from 2400rpm would be far from boring.
    Regardless of who makes it, thats pretty impressive. A supercharged, factory-backed , warranty covered, ADR compliant car.
    Remember, variety & manufacturer competition ultimately brings prices down & benefits enthusiests like us.....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast