User Tag List

Thread: GEN1 MPS Headlights not turning off.....

Default GEN1 MPS Headlights not turning off.....

Hi Guys...

So for some bizarre reason tonight.. i was not able to turn my headlights off... This is after i stupidly and rapidly switched the headlights on and off about 5 -6 times ( one of my parkers went out, and i was rapidly rotating the switch). So from on to off back to on again about 5-6 times.. and then i heard a beep noise from the car, which was unusual.. my passenger also heard it and from that moment on the headlights just stayed on. even in the "off" position..

Happened to anyone else before?? Seems my "off" as now become the same as the "on"... The lights eventually turned off, after a couple of tries ( about 10 times)..

What im more concerned about is the "beep " i heard.. and why this happened..

do you have auto lights.

As turning lights on and off 5 times will activate it or turn it off...and you will heap a beep to confirm

Look near the windscreen on drivers side near a-pillar for a small glass bulb attached to dash.

Also...they will turn off auto in 20 sec...once car is off.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Yes i do have a small glass bulb attached to the dash just in the a pillar corner.. i always thought that, that was just a little deterrent led the previous owner put in...

So i guess i have auto lights... in regards to turning the lights on and off 5 times.. within how many seconds do i have to do this??

Thanks!

Last edited by Duk; 03-10-2010 at 01:59 AM.

about 10 seconds i think....

you really should use your auto lights...as you will never leave them on...

and its rather nice to know...you dont have to do anything ....just jump in start it and away you go at night.

It has a setting to switch off when car turns off....or you can leave them on for 20 secs after departing (follow me home lights)

Should be a white instruction booklet with you log books.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Thanks for the reply!

I bought my car used, soo i never got this little pamplet...

Would it be possible to give me a quick rundown, on how the switch operates? like how do i set it to switch off as the car turns off, and how do i get it to switch off after 20secs?

Thanks!!

I found my pamphlet the other day but stuffed if i know where i put it. it had a section with the 20 second run on. Ill look for it this afternoon

Ok sorry for the late reply but I remember now. to turn the system on and off its just turn lights on and 3 times quickly. To leave it on for thirty seconds after engine off its turn ignition on off 5 times quickly then it should beep. lights should stay on for around 30 seconds after ignition off.