User Tag List

Thread: Dashhawk or Scangauge

Default Dashhawk or Scangauge

Hi everyone, I need a simple diagnostic tool & would like to measure boost pressure, volts, fuel economy etc. I would like to display oil pressure as well but I don't think either of these 2 units will do it. The Dashhawk is $440 & Scangauge $230, is the Dashhawk worth the extra money ? Or do I just get the Scangauge as alot of people seem to have.

Presso

Blog Entries

my 2cents...

The Dashhawk is great for if you wanna test and look at results for just about every sensor on the car. You can data log to the computer and do all sorts of graphs and information. They look a little out of place in the mazda's due to the colour of the unit and size.

The scangauge (which I have) looks great in the mazda's, matte black colour and the default "red" backlight colour is perfect as we. The new ones display all sorts of info including HP and a few others I can not remember. I have used the SG for few months now and I am extremely happy with it, it is a great way to keep fuel econ in check and just to keep an eye on a few difference other things. I run Fuel Econ, Intake Temp, Coolant Temp, Volts and the occasional Manifold Pressure as well.
    Not Gone...just "busy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino
    It's not blue screen of death Kent, it's Auora Blue screen of death

Unfortunately there is no oil pressure transducer on the engine, just an on/off pressure switch. If you'd like to monitor oil pressure you'll need to fit an adapter, transducer and a gauge.

BTW the Dashhawk display colour is RGB customisable.

Thanks for the info, I'll pick up a Scangauge next week

Yeah I have SGII and so far am happy with it. But then again have not used the Dashawk either.

I fitted the Scangauge inside the ash tray by removing the insert, drilling a hole at the back of the ash tray to fit the cable through & using a burring file to make the gauge fit in. It's a nice fit & now I can close the ash tray lid to conceal the gauge as well.

Sounds cool, got pics of your handiwork?

ordered my dashhawk yesterday....

will monitor boost, AFR, Knock retard and Fuel Pump pressure.

$412 to my door

Nice price
    where did you buy it from ?

did you buy it brand new??
    i got my dashawk from another member on OMC...was seling it on ebay. got mine for $315

Watch this space (or the GB space) - trying to get a mini GB together at that price.

Stealth - I was one of the other bidders!

Quote Originally Posted by EQ View Post

Stealth - I was one of the other bidders!
    yeah me too!

Will be interested in group buy

Also mav2777 good work with the ashtray mount

lol EQ and shakespeare...i wonder if anyone else was bidding on it...in the last 3hrs or so noone bidded.i honestly thought it was going to go over $400

If I an get this deal together it will last for like 5 days - I'll set up a GB/Offer thread with the dude's email address - its a company so all above board.