User Tag List

Thread: MPS6 USB input

Default MPS6 USB input

Hey guys,

Just wondering whether anyone has wired up a USB input for their stock 'Bose' headunit? I've got a pioneer avh-p5050dvd from my last car that I'd love to install into the 6 but unfortunately its single din and I want to keep the steering wheel controls. I'm not sure whether the head unit would be compatible with the steering wheel controls, but I really want a USB output which the stock unit doesnt have.

After a quick search I came across this Audio Link USB MP3 Player Kit for Mazda 6 Atenza: eBay Motors (item 320595175151 end time Oct-01-10 20:27:52 PDT)

Does anyone know whether this will be compatible with an '06 MPS6 Bose head unit? Or does anyone know of USB kits available for the abovementioned cars? My two previous cars (still own them at the moment) have USB inputs so I'd really love the 6 to have it too as I hate carrying around 400,000 cds

I had the Audiolink adapter (the one in the ebay link) for my 05 6mps. Worked fine with the steering wheel controls. The only thing that bugged me about it was that it would remember 'which' track it was playing when you switched the engine off, but not 'where' in the track. It would always start from the beginning. Not a big deal when you were driving for a long time, but annoying when doing stop/start trips.
    I believe it worked for both standard and Bose Head units (mine was a standard) as I remember being part of a group buy on another forum and there was no mention of problems with the Bose.

I've since replaced the whole head unit with an aftermarket one (not something you want to do unless you like throwing money away... the front fascia replacement alone was $480 ).

If you live in Sydney, I can sell you my old Audiolink unit and show you how to install it (if I can still remember ). It's a 10 minute job.

Send me a PM if you're interested.
    Last edited by Starionx; 29-09-2010 at 01:54 PM. Reason: typo

PM sent. I'm in Newcastle so its only down the road!!! If you're willing to hold onto it for a few weeks until I can get down there I'll take it