User Tag List

Thread: 2 x OEM airbox

Blog Entries

Default 2 x OEM airbox

Wanting to mod stock airboxes; there's a reason I want two - So I can destroy one if necessary or desired during mockup.
    Intention is to route cold air to a modified OEM intake.
    Anyone got stock airbox they have no intention of keeping?

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    Wanting to mod stock airboxes; there's a reason I want two - So I can destroy one if necessary or desired during mockup.
    Intention is to route cold air to a modified OEM intake.
    Anyone got stock airbox they have no intention of keeping?
    Well you can't have mine, but I'm interested to hear/read what you're planning

what are u offering?

Mines no good to you James,mine already modified and still producing the kw's on the day, today

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    what are u offering?
    A fair price?

The plan is ducted cold air through a water trap to prevent water ingress, then ducted to the OEM box, which would be opened up somewhat....keeping some secrets for now, though
    It wouldn't be much different to just cutting holes in terms of airflow, but I would be trying to engineer in sympathy with some sound resonance properties that mazda gave the stock box.
    "Blue Meanie" 2007 Aurora Blue MPS 3 - 18x8.5+44 SSR GTX01 - 235/40R18 Michelin PS5 - 3.5" ETS TMIC - CPE stg 2 mount - HKS/CPE BPV - 2XS inlet - 2XS short shift - Corksport turbo manifold - HT 98 octane tune - Leather/Aluminium handbrake - Momo shifty knob - 7" touchscreen - JDM Mazda Retractable dashtop screen assembly - Bespoke Raspberry Pi Android based GPS/Carplay and instrumentation - 36AH reserve battery and C-TEK isolator - TEIN Street Advanced coilovers 1" drop - Superpro bushings - 220Kw/410Nm.

"Lipstick" 2013 Velocity Red MPS 3 - 18x7.5+48 Enkei RPF1 -225/40R18 Federal RS-RR - CPE TMIC - COBB inlet - CPE stg 2 mount - COBB Stage 1 98 octane tune - COBB shifty knob - 2XS short shift - 2XS turbo manifold.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    A fair price?

The plan is ducted cold air through a water trap to prevent water ingress, then ducted to the OEM box, which would be opened up somewhat....keeping some secrets for now, though
    It wouldn't be much different to just cutting holes in terms of airflow, but I would be trying to engineer in sympathy with some sound resonance properties that mazda gave the stock box.

Good luck with it,I will be watching as well mate I might ask the boys at motorsort to see if they have any floating around for you... Seeing that they are going to a Gen 2 next year...

I've got one you can have, under 1 condition, I get it back when you are finished. (I only want the MAF sensor part back undamaged)

Blog Entries

Thats all I need to start planning....awesome!
    And I'm intending to leave the MAF housing as is.....