User Tag List

Thread: Catridge to Spin Oil Filter Conversion.

Question Catridge to Spin Oil Filter Conversion.

Hey Guys

Been reading , in the states a very large amount of people have converted their cartridge type oil filters to spin on types. Just wondering if anyone has done the conversion here in australia.

Care to share any OEM part numbers used?

There are also a few links flying around the net in regards to converting for the Sp23 around for example

Mazda 3 SP23: Spin on Oil Filter Conversion (2.3L only) - OZMAZDA.com - Australian Mazda Owners Car Club/Forum

But i read on some of the US forums it doesnt apply to the MPS, because our filters are attached to the oil coolers?

Anyone can clarify?

Thank You!

yes we have an oil cooler which is attached to the oil filter housing. I'll try and find a part number for that. The one you posted is for a non-oil cooler filter

edit: and here it is L311-14-311 just confirm with Mazda before you purchase though. I got that part number from this website http://www.protegefaq.net/BKoilcooler/#choices
    Last edited by lup15; 27-09-2010 at 12:13 AM.

I've fitted a a spin on kit quite a few months back now, didnt take too long to do and now makes changes that much easier (along with a Fumoto valve).
    I got my kit from PG and picked up a K&N filter from Autobarn a few thousand k's back
    Another reason why i went spin on is I required an adapter plate from Prosport to fit my oil temp gauge

edit: pic now attached
    Last edited by KRNAGE; 28-09-2010 at 09:41 PM.

off topic, just googled the fumoto valve, wow awesome. according to the fumoto site all mazdas are 14mm-1.5 F-106 $33

gonna get 1.
    Last edited by lup15; 27-09-2010 at 04:39 PM.

F106 + small extension piece you'll need
    as the valve itself hits the sump so need the extension to clear it