User Tag List

Thread: Possibly one of the stronger problems....

Default Possibly one of the stronger problems....

(Edit - Haha I meant stranger.... not stronger oops, teach me to come on here and post after I've been drinking!)

Ok so I bought the meth kit off Jmac and have spent the past while (months?) pissfarting around not doing anything with it. Finally got off my arse and got the new pressure switch (someone had undone a bolt on it that basically meant the numbers to measure boost it engaged were dangerously inaccurate at best).

Now my issue is that I got a 3 MPS coldpipe pre drilled tapped and with the nozzle installed. Perfect I thought this means I don't need to mess around with mine and if I want to return to stock I just swap over cold pipes etc.

My issue is the differences between the coldpipes of a 3 and a 6. So far the ones I know are this

1 - The 3 coldpipe is sort of an L shape as opposed to a J which leads to
    2 - The silicon joiner on the 6 is a small bit that just attaches the two together while the 3 uses a 90 angle piece
    3 - The cold pipe on the 6 uses 4 identical bolts, the 3 has the 4th bolt much longer.
    4 - The BPV is angled differently and may be a bit further forward then on a 6 pipe

I figured these out and got around them (mostly) However I went to mount down my newly adapted 6 intercooler and It was impossible to join it all up! The silicon bend was nowhere near as far to the right as it needed to be!
    Is there some big difference to the engine of the 3 that I didnt know that makes this impossible? I'm pretty sure the silicon piece of the 6 is just a standard 90 bend of 2.75 nothing fancy.

Am I missing something here? Any clues or hints if this is possible or should I just abandon it and drill and tap my cold pipe?

I do remember hyperflow saying that they had to modify the tmic brackets to fit the new IC they did for the mps 3 onto the mps 6.

This might be where your issue is.

Would put forwards the idea that the mounting positions are slightly different.

Hmm bugger. Figured it might be something like that. Will have to look into getting mine drilled and tapped. Might ask the local mechanic if they can do it our know anyone who can.

Side note anyone looking for a drilled 3 mps cold pipe? Comes with free replacement silicon pipe and long bolt! Perfect for alcohol injection.

Well I just got a guy to come over and tap into my cold pipe to skip over this whole mess.