User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brought me a new Lux MPS!!! Bit of a spare of the moment thing.....

Default Brought me a new Lux MPS!!! Bit of a spare of the moment thing.....

Hello,

About two weeks ago I was on my to Office Works to get some office supplies, there were no parks left in Office Works car park so I parked outside my local Mazda dealership. I was walking past when I saw one of these Mazda 3 MPS’ in velocity red colour. I thought I would take a quick look and was immediately surprised by the great interior and compact design of the car. After further inspection I decided to go for a test drive and having my 09 VE SS Ute I was not expecting all that much in comparison from the Mazda, Well I can honestly say I was absolutely blown away by the acceleration and beautiful dynamics of this machine (my Mrs hates cars and also loved it), cannot believe I waited so long to test drive one. I had a grin from ear to ear, and struggled to hand the keys back to the salesman. The interior was also a welcome change from the ol commodore interior.

Seriously if you are someone who has not driven one of these before I suggest you pop to your local dealership and give it a burl, its amazing value for money.

20 minutes later and a short discussion with the dealer principal, I found myself putting down a deposit and organising personalised plates for my new toy…

FYI, I ordered a MY10 MPS, Luxury version, Aluminium in colour.

Now the wait to receive my newly acquired toy begins!!!!

Cheers

Congrats dude!

Yeah i was similar, i already had a mazda but when ever i took my car for a service.. i keep walking over to the mps.. like it was calling me..

Awesome car!

so what state you from?

Blog Entries

picsorban when you take delivery of your fiery chariot.
    They're an awesome toy car, that's for sure.

Hey,

Im up in central QLD (Mackay). I have 4 weeks to wait until delivery!!! Will be a sllllooooowww 4 weeks...

Congrats Chris.....great colour, we share the same taste

Nice one Chris

Welcome!!!

Will have to tell my Dad to keep an eye out for ya in Mackay!!! He got to have a drive of the VR beast last weekend while here visiting and loved it!! Gave it props compared to the WRX he used to own. His words were "the mazda is more refined" and "I could get into a lot of trouble in this car"

Look forward to seeing pics
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Welcome to the forum Chris and you will not be disappointed with the MPS. Same with me, saw a red Gen 2 MPS (already sold) in the Mazda showroom and I was hooked. Dealer rang two days later to say a Black Gen2 had just arrived if I wanted to check it out. Sold. 12 months & 27,000km's later absolutely no regrets and definitely best car I have owned.

Experience made all the better as a great group of fellow MPS tragics here in Nth Qld so we regularly get together for cruises or even just a coffee.

8. Default

Welcome Chris congrats on the purchase, the aluminium looks great on the MPS really nice refined colour.

I think there is another Mackay member on here too from memory.

welcome and great story mate,i was much the same coming from an ba xr8 ute with 240kw at the wheels,i was blown away at how good these things go.congrats anyway

Congats on the purchase! Another Qld'er. Next time you're in the Whitsunday's drop into the Reef Gateway Pub. My Dad works there. His name is Kerry. He'll be outside having a beer under the fans! He SHOULD buy you one.

Congrats and welcome to the family!!

I had a similiar spur of the moment thing too.... had gone in to get the rubber cargo mat for the back of the cx9, while i was there a VR mps rocked up, freshly washed, dripping wet and still not registered.
    Short story is test drive -> paperwork -> handover the cash ->the next day drive it away.

As far as I know mine was the first gen II registered in WA

Never did get that cargo mat for the CX9 tho....

ENJOY
    Timbo

14 Mazda BT50 xt Boss Kit
    13 Volvo XC60 R-Design
    10 VR 3 Neo
    08 CX9 Luxury (sold)
    09 VR 3 MPS Luxury (sold)

Welcome to OzMPSClub

Congrats on the purchase!! The wait will be without doubt worth it, get used to that smile from ear to ear mate it'll last a long time while you own a MPS

Smile Mps rehab you can check out but you can never leave !!!!!!

To OZMPSClub the message is up there Chris as Micky says we nq guys have regular cruises & meet ups for coffee you would be most welcome to join us perhaps we could come to Townsville & you do the same for a week end

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Default Hello

Hey all,

Thanks for the warm reception. I would be more than happy to meet up with a few of you guys and Townsville sounds like a great idea for a road trip. Love Townsville.

I get the car toward the end of next month, itll be worth the wait though. I will be installing the MZR SRI on it basically straight away (will purchase this week) with a few small mods to follow, but nothing major.

Chat soon

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by chris e View Post
    Love Townsville
    That's where I'm from

Quote Originally Posted by Leelu View Post
    That's where I'm from
    I went to boarding school there. Must say Townsville looks great these days. A cruise up there would be awesome. Want to go now...NOW!
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

From all the way in Melbourne, Welcome.
    Congrats on the purchase, Chris, and happy safe motoring.

Congrats on the buy, and hope you enjoy it like everyone else on OZMPS

By the way.. great choice

Omg Kelvin. Your alive

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Hello,

Well long story short I have had to cancel my mazda order. The dealership i have been dealing with has buggered me around alot with delivery times. Not good. I will be looking at the MY11 wrx hatchback now i think.

Thanks guys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast