User Tag List

Thread: Faulty gps screen gen2 Mps

Default Faulty gps screen gen2 Mps

Hey has anyone had faulty gps screens on gen2 MPS, it looks like spots of water in between the glass led screen, Mazda have apparently had a few cases in the past month, mine is one of them, i was told the replacement value is $5000 plus lucky its under warranty, wouldnt be happy if it happened out of warranty

Is it just behind the plastic covering that whole section?

Apparently to update the GPS costs roughly $800 *shakes head* I've already complained about it since originally i was told update would be at a cost of a normal tomtom or navman etc etc... But dunno what the update is

Quote Originally Posted by BradstaMS View Post
    Is it just behind the plastic covering that whole section?
    Yeah it is between the plastic covering and screen, mazda said it its cost over $5000.00 which sounds over the top, they are replacing the computer/gps and screen together so who knows

Just take the plastic bit out yourself and clean it, thats if it comes out with no hastles

Its not a dirty plastic cover its that the led particules or lighting on the actual screen its self have faded in small spots and make it look like there is water on the screen

Oh, bollocks! Sorry about that, sounds like a real PITA to rectify at a nice price