User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compatible iPods for Mazda MPS??

1. Default Compatible iPods for Mazda MPS??

Well, I have the factory Maz ipod connector in my MPS and it doesnt work with my iphone.

Does anyone know of, or have currently running in their MPS, a compatible iPod?

I was told by Maz that the Nano has some issues, of course the shuffle doesnt work (different connector), and thus that means i'd be limited to the classic 120Gb type of iPod...

Any advice would be appreciated

Blog Entries

I'm sure the Nano should work, but just depends on what series they are.

Classics might be your best bet and the storage is a decent size so its not too bad.

my borthers iphone works in mine. i have a samsung mp3 player and that works to.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by remotegt View Post
    my borthers iphone works in mine. i have a samsung mp3 player and that works to.
    on the AUX jack sure. I have a genuine ipod cable, which can control an ipod from the steering controls... the iphone does not work with the maz genuine ipod connector.

Blog Entries

it has something to do with the software on the iphone, I have heard the itouch has the same problem.

I use my 30gb Video Ipod in my MPS, but it's only through the audio jack in the centre console.
    Can you get cables to link them up properly and use the steering wheel controls?

I've got a 30gb Video iPod too, mine is through the Mazda iPod connector which charges, and allows track and playlist selections to be controlled. The downside I've found with mine is it is not so easy to naviagate - ie. playlists are shown as numbers so you need to know what they correlate to in your ipod and when you disconnect the iPod then reconnect it is meant to stay on the playlist/track you last played, sometimes this does not happen and I have to cycle through numerous playlists till I get back to where I was

You'll have to show me on Sunday!

Quote Originally Posted by EVILMPS View Post
    You'll have to show me on Sunday!
    With pleasure

wait... I hope you mean the iPod connector

Yeah that too....

hehehe

11. Default

Ok, I got my iphone to work on the iPod cable, and got the steering controls to work also!

I ended up picking up a 120gb ipod classic anyways, so it can stay permanently in the car. Works great, and sounds better than the FM transmitter i was using for the iphoneski.

Woot!

Blog Entries

yeah I was blown away at how much better a connected ipod sounds compared to a FM transmitter...where you have the ipod stashed? glovebox or centre console?

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post
    yeah I was blown away at how much better a connected ipod sounds compared to a FM transmitter...where you have the ipod stashed? glovebox or centre console?
    Got it in the glove box, velcro'd to a "wardski" stand for easy access. To get the iphone to work properly with the genuine maz ipod cable, I wired up an ipod->iphone adaptor as the pin-outs on the ipod cable are different to the iphone. Stops the error messages on plug in and allows the iphone to charge - but i'm happier with the ipod as it can stay in the car without me fiddling around with cables all the time before going on a drive .

One thing I noticed on the weekend, is that my Media button on the dash no longer works. Before i got the ipod cable installed, the media button did work.... I can only access the ipod by using the "mode" button on the steering wheel.. Anyone else with the ipod cable have the same issue? While I dont use the AUX jack in the center console, I would like it to work..

Can anyone tell me if the latest Iphones work in the gen2 mps. in terms of bluetooth and the factory control cable?

i have used a ipod classic, 7 and 8th gen nano and 5th gen ipod touch, all with no dramas.

PerthMPS, you might find that you have to either connect via the cable or the bluetooth, not both at the same time, software conflicts.

Wardski according to the manual you have to buy the splitter if you still want to use your aux jack aswell, thats what it said in my Gen 2 mps 3

Quote Originally Posted by MPShiv View Post
    i have used a ipod classic, 7 and 8th gen nano and 5th gen ipod touch, all with no dramas.

PerthMPS, you might find that you have to either connect via the cable or the bluetooth, not both at the same time, software conflicts.

Wardski according to the manual you have to buy the splitter if you still want to use your aux jack aswell, thats what it said in my Gen 2 mps 3
    That would be the case with a splitter but Wardski has deflected to a Subby STI.....
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    One thing I noticed on the weekend, is that my Media button on the dash no longer works. Before i got the ipod cable installed, the media button did work.... I can only access the ipod by using the "mode" button on the steering wheel.. Anyone else with the ipod cable have the same issue? While I dont use the AUX jack in the center console, I would like it to work..
    The official ipod adapter will be accessible with the CD button, not the media button. The external AUX cable apparently needs to be removed when the ipod adapter goes in (or at least that was the case with mine, haven't pulled the HU to check).

18. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PerthMPS View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the latest Iphones work in the gen2 mps. in terms of bluetooth and the factory control cable?
    I have an iPod Touch and use it with Bluetooth in my GenII. Pretty much the same deal as the iPhone imho. Works great.

I have iPod Video stashed permanently away up behind the glove box (where the service & manual books live). Gen2 allows you to view the name of the playlist / artist / song / album / genre etc.

Have tried using the blue tooth connection and playing music from my CrackBerry but there is a further loss in quality.

Quote Originally Posted by PerthMPS View Post
    Just wanted to rephrase question.
    1) Does the iphone work on the mazda cable in terms of music?
    2) Does the iphone work for phone calls thru the factory Bluetooth? (Haven't had a chance to test this myself)
    3) Can you use the cable for music and factory bluetooth for phonecalls at same time?

Cheers
    Timbo

14 Mazda BT50 xt Boss Kit
    13 Volvo XC60 R-Design
    10 VR 3 Neo
    08 CX9 Luxury (sold)
    09 VR 3 MPS Luxury (sold)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast