User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Compatible iPods for Mazda MPS??

**off topic
    do you stil have your mps!!
    bit greedy isnt it!!

2. Default

get yourself one of these if you want to use your iphone with the axxess/xcarlink adapters.

I have one, and although an error message comes up on the iphone, i am able to charge it, and use the iphone as a ipod.

Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter for iPhone 3G 3GS NEW - eBay, Other Mobile Phone Chargers, Mobile Phone Chargers, Mobile Home Phones. (end time 11-Dec-09 12:42:03 AEDST)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nasa View Post
    **off topic
    do you stil have your mps!!
    bit greedy isnt it!!
    if that was a question for me, yep got the mps and cx9,

Zoom zoom lol
    Timbo

14 Mazda BT50 xt Boss Kit
    13 Volvo XC60 R-Design
    10 VR 3 Neo
    08 CX9 Luxury (sold)
    09 VR 3 MPS Luxury (sold)

4. Default

Hi all, Bought myself a MY10 Mazda 3 MPS about 3 days ago and decided to get an iPod touch on the way home. I have consulted the manual and have had a look here and on a few other forums with no luck. My problem is that I can play the iPod touch via the Aux cable and also via BT Audio but I am unable to control the iPod and also cannot get any on screen info about track listing etc.... Is the iPod touch not compatible? am I expecting too much that I can control the iPod through the steering control? Help

To use the steering wheel controls you need to hook the iPod touch up from back of stereo not using AUX port.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    To use the steering wheel controls you need to hook the iPod touch up from back of stereo not using AUX port.

Happy Motoring
    duglet
    Are you kidding me. I just bought a brand new car that advertises that you can play an iPod through the stereo and to allow it to be controlled via the steering wheel I need to plug it in through the back of the stereo rather than through the Aux port that is supplied or via Bluetooth Audio? That seems a bit silly.....

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post
    it has something to do with the software on the iphone, I have heard the itouch has the same problem.
    Correct!

Because the iPhone isn't just the iPod/iTunes software, and has the phone stuff on top the aux cable doesn't like it. It's also because the firewire power connectors on the cable is there, the iphone doesn't support them anymore.

iTouch has pretty much iphone software too, so it counts that out too.

Best solution so far is to get yourself an old iPod Classic off Ebay to just leave in your car - 20-40gb and you're set. I've got an 8gb iPod nano I leave in my car.

8. Default

Okay.. so i got the genuine mazda ipod integration kit for my BK and i was hoping it would work with my iphone 4. [. stretching it a bit]

Everything all plugged in. Put the ipod plug into the phone and it says "its not compatible" However, the phone still plays through the stereo.

However, ithe main reason why i bought this was to charge the phone as well.. and.. its not doing that. Has anyone else used the "Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter" or the Griffin Version to confirm that it does indeed work?

9. Default Ipod

Hey guys I'm just about to get a 06 mps and just wondering if there is any ipod connection available and if so where and what needs to be done?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12