User Tag List

Thread: Fresh Meat is here 8)

Default Fresh Meat is here 8)

Hi everyone.

I have recently purchased '08 3 MPS, it is my first turbo-powered and first manual car, lol . I have only driven it like for less then a day in total(due to crazy work shifts) But i can tell you the car is a beast, especially after driving less powerfull cars, I haven't even discovered what full throttle feels like, coz i'm still getting used to shifting gears )). Unfortunately at the same time i found out how does clutch smell like, after hill start, I really hope that while I'm still a newbie to a stick car my gerbox/clutch is gonna be ok.

I'm gonna take it to tunehouse for a total check up in next week or so, as some of you suggested tunehouse is the place to go in Sydney. Anyway, I'm looking forward to fully expiriencing this car and enjoy Mazda community.

PS, Photos to come later on, gotta wash the car first )))

Hi and welcome Mps's there a tough old bird she'l be fine...

Brembo, enjoy your ride! Shifting gears will be the easy part, worry more about holding the wheel when you hit full throttle....

to ozmps
    good bunch of people here, and there is a cruise coming up on 10th of october, as well as a dyno day on 30th at tunehouse, so if you want to come along and meet people, it's a great time to do it
    and you'll get better with hillstarts etc a 3MPS is an interesting car to learn manual on but you'll get better at it, and the smell will go down with it
    if you've got any questions, plenty of people with lots of knowledge here
    and, like you, i went from not very powerful car (corolla), to a MPS, doubt i'll ever go back.... to get a great feel for what the car does, do 70-120km/hr in 3rd... it'll knock your socks off
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 22-09-2010 at 10:54 PM.
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Bembo,

Sounds like you are in for some fun . Looking forward to seeing pics of the beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Leelu View Post
    Bembo,

Sounds like you are in for some fun . Looking forward to seeing pics of the beast.
    Hehe... Bembo! Sounds like a clown. I think some is tired!

Welcome BREMBO!
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Welcome to OMPS, plenty of helpfull people on here, that are willing to answer questions etc.

Interesting car to learn manual in, I find in the Gen 2 the clutch is either off or on imo and not much inbetween, but yeah as Sam said, put a boot into it in 3rd and see how fast you take off.

We have a few cruises coming up, 10th October to the Settlers in particular should be a good one, please do come along and join us.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    Welcome to OMPS, plenty of helpfull people on here, that are willing to answer questions etc.

Interesting car to learn manual in, I find in the Gen 2 the clutch is either off or on imo and not much inbetween, but yeah as Sam said, put a boot into it in 3rd and see how fast you take off.

We have a few cruises coming up, 10th October to the Settlers in particular should be a good one, please do come along and join us.
    friend of mine learnt in a 370Z... that's another interesting car to learn in
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Nah, the 370Z manual cheats

Welcome aboard mate! Important question is...what colour?

Welcome and congrats on your new ride

Thanks guys for such a warm welcome. I might come along for a tunehouse day if i can make it. However I might skip the Settlers cruise this time.
    As for the colour its an Aurora Blue )) very nice but still a bit dirty, I will wash it over the weekend and take some pics

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Hehe... Bembo! Sounds like a clown. I think some is tired!

Welcome BREMBO!
    Shhh Brad - I was tired.....

My Apologies BREMBO
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Welcome Brembo

Welcome.

Congrats and Welcome, enjoy your new beast and the forums

Aurora Blue FTW!!!

Welcome! Be sure to check out the NSW section for any up and coming events!
    We dont bite... well... most of us dont!

welcome to the forum. enjoy!!!!

hey and welcome to the forums and the joys of an MPS.

My first turbo car as well and you get use to the RRUUUUUSSSSSHHHH very quickly.