User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Possible new owner...few quick questions

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Take a napkin, it's not polite to drool on the ground

Additionally wear baggy pants, you don't want people knowing just how excited you are

. Can do it in privacy now...

Deposit has been put down! I pick it up once the magna is ready!

Sweet, congrats mate! You'll have to post pics after you get it! Drinks all round

Sweet, congrats mate! You'll have to post pics after you get it! Drinks all round
    Cheers man! Defo will. Only mods I'm planning to do are chrome handle covers, my rims from the magna, maybe a JDM front grille and eye lids

Quote Originally Posted by skyna View Post
    Cheers man! Defo will. Only mods I'm planning to do are chrome handle covers, my rims from the magna, maybe a JDM front grille and eye lids
    You say that now, but you will probably do more mods than that once you get it mate!!! Check out my front grille if you like. BTW I may have missed it, but what colour is it?

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Silver I've found a JDM grille on Ebay US. It says they should fit. Has anyone had experience? If its going to be like fitting a skyline front to a magna I'll pass lol.

The CF and plastic ones fit reasonably well. Have you got an image or link of the item in question? Here's mine anyway

lol we always have ebay links. That's exactly the same grille I have mate. I've just done a bit of custom work on mine. I paid $89.00USD but that's a similar price

lol we always have ebay links. That's exactly the same grille I have mate. I've just done a bit of custom work on mine. I paid $89.00USD but that's a similar price
    Awesome! So it wasnt a hard fit? Lol on another forum I'm on if you post an Ebay link outside of an Ebay thread its an automatic ban.

why is it a ban? The fit is ok, however you need to drill the holes (they don't come pre-drilled) and they don't line up exactly. But I managed to line them up and make it work fine. Put spacer washers underneath. The hardest part is getting off the stock grille without snapping it

why is it a ban? The fit is ok, however you need to drill the holes (they don't come pre-drilled) and they don't line up exactly. But I managed to line them up and make it work fine. Put spacer washers underneath. The hardest part is getting off the stock grille without snapping it
    Lol forum mods on power trips. that shit is pretty common....

Quote Originally Posted by Scaredycrow View Post
    Lol forum mods on power trips. that shit is pretty common....
    That's crap, hadn't heard about it until now

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

14. Default

Congrats on the purchase you wont regret it the MPS6 is a lovely car

where abouts are you exactly maybe you can join us on our cruise on 10th Oct to Settlers Arms

Awesome! Well it might give me something to do in uni holidays if I'm still at my current job Hopefully it won't be too hard for me Is it relatively good quality? I know some fibreglass gear you buy from the net is really crap quality.

Cheers on the congrats! I'm pretty stoked and think I got a really good deal!

I'm either at Maitland, Newcastle or Maryland. So Newcastle area Might see what happens, thats the day after my birthday so if I'm not too ill/tired might take the trip up.

Yeah, I've recently joined a few other forums to have a look (this one, xr5 forums and ozvr4) and they seem so much more laid back compared to AMC. I know people who don't post anything because theyre either too scared because they'll get banned or that some douche will tell them how stupid they are. Any Ebay/youtube link thats outside of the dedicated thread automatically leads to infraction/ban. Slightly going off topic ban as well. 9/10 if you provide constructive criticism to improve the forum you're shot down and told its not a democracy. Anyway, I'll stop the bitching and negativity but yeah they are Nazis.

If I did what I've done here asking a few specific questions about the car I'd either be abused because I didn't search through 50 pages of search results or told that I'm stupid.

PS thanks for the help guys. If I didnt hear that the problems were rare events from you guys and my mate who has an MPS6 I'd have probably compromised and settled for a clapped out Galant Vr4.

Congrats on ur mps6..... glad u joined the ranks

Congrats skyna on your MPS 6, great car you'll love it! Loved mine for 4 years now Enjoy the forums, plenty of helpful people here as you've probably already discovered!

Cheers dude!

grats on your car
    pity you couldnt come out and give it a good test on the weekend, but sounds like you had a good reason behind it
    the next even we have is in 3 weeks, http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/club-...h-october.html it's more of a get together than an actual cruise, but you'll get to meet alot of the people there
    the one after that is likely to be the xmas BBQ, http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/club-...ch-2010-a.html
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Welcome skyna, good to have another Novocastrian on board, and a fellow MPS6 owner, even better !!!

Leon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12