User Tag List

Thread: Installing an Ipad into the centre console

Default Installing an Ipad into the centre console

I have seen a few videos on the net of people installing the ipad into their cars mainly in the US. Was wondering if anyone else had thought about if this might be possible in a 6 mps? The ipad might be a little too big however, some of the ideas used by US car installers could work in the mazda.

The ipad would cover ipod, gps, internet and movie player etc all in one package.

Thoughts?
    David

Would it look like the inside of a cop car with a huge screen hanging off the dash? Cant see how you could make that look any good, post up some pics of these US installs!

why on earth would you want to do this for! a big glowing useless screen in your console.

ipad- idistract- icrash

It's bad enough having an iPhone sitting on the dash. I have to restrain myself when the iPod app is running. Luckily OS4.1 now supports more buttons so its not so dangerous.

Do you mean this one? Ipads are too big for medium size hatches. Maybe in a truck.
    Last edited by duglet; 23-09-2010 at 03:10 AM. Reason: YT link

Good idea, but why?

There are rumors of a 7" iPad in the works, that would be an ideal car sized device.

Same as Bradsta, I like the sound of it, I just dont know why would you do this? Since the car's ipod connector doesnt work with the ipad.

Blog Entries

I know there are a couple of fully intergrated setups in the US and I think even here in AUS. Alot of fibreglassing and making up of custom panels but it can be done and looks HOT!!

It's removable, but it doesnt need 2 come out, there is a usb cable in the glovebox, and it's also powered so it chargers while acc's is on
    I have done the same with my PSP and love it. It's a great idea but also a lot of money doing it (my dash peice of my PSP cost me like $150)

---------- Post added at 08:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

Oh and that install was done by Phat Audio in VIC
    Not Gone...just "busy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino
    It's not blue screen of death Kent, it's Auora Blue screen of death

Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post
    Was there a hidden message there of Stevie Wonder and not looking where your going when driving?

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

lol Nicely spotted