User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *Click* under acceleration

My service is actually this Friday, so i'll keep you posted. There's a good chance outcome will be nil though

Quote Originally Posted by Jeev View Post
    My service is actually this Friday, so i'll keep you posted. There's a good chance outcome will be nil though
    Let me know mate.. im keen to hear of the outcome
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Hey Jmac - are you still getting that click noise? Just interested to know what it ended up being?

Quote Originally Posted by fuz View Post
    Hey Jmac - are you still getting that click noise? Just interested to know what it ended up being?
    Not yet mate, Organized for it to go in soon.. told them I wanted a loan car as they may have it for a while..
    There are a few other issues..
    *seat not moving up/down
    *engine mount squeaking (they removed my TRZ last service to help diag this issue)
    *clutch 'snagging' on release sometimes
    *gearbox clunkier than should be

Ill update the tread on the outcome though

-= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Not yet mate, Organized for it to go in soon.. told them I wanted a loan car as they may have it for a while..
    There are a few other issues..
    *seat not moving up/down
    *engine mount squeaking (they removed my TRZ last service to help diag this issue)
    *clutch 'snagging' on release sometimes
    *gearbox clunkier than should be

Ill update the tread on the outcome though
    My seat has just done that recently...lucky it is in a comfortable spot otherwise I wouldn't be driving my car!
    Not Gone...just "busy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino
    It's not blue screen of death Kent, it's Auora Blue screen of death

Engine mount squeaking - i think thats what might be happening in my car! I hear a squeak, only when the windows are down, and only on sharp bumps, but its getting annoying. How did you determine it to be the engine mount? And which mount is it? the rear one - AGAIN?...

Quote Originally Posted by fuz View Post
    Engine mount squeaking - i think thats what might be happening in my car! I hear a squeak, only when the windows are down, and only on sharp bumps, but its getting annoying. How did you determine it to be the engine mount? And which mount is it? the rear one - AGAIN?...
    Its when I accelerate (clutch hits friction point), it sounds like a bird chirping .

If its a clunking noise over bumps check the rear sway.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

Hey Jeev, how did you go buddy?

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD

8. Default

Its when I accelerate (clutch hits friction point), it sounds like a bird chirping
    I've got a noise in my steering that sounds like the bird chirping. its doesnt occur under accelleration though. Mazda havent found the source, but it only happens when I turn the steering, so I just assume it steering related... My MPS is going in again tomorrow. I hope they can find the source, cuz its bloody anoying when Im trying to park, and its chirping all the time with every turn of the wheel.... fark!!
    Last edited by Wardski; 11-03-2009 at 12:23 PM.

Well the click is still there, mazda replaced both front shocks..
    Looks like it will have to go back AGAIN.
    Frustrating.

Mine has been doing it for ages as earlier posted ... now it happens going over speed humps too. It's been back 4 times with no result or explaination so I just gave up tyring to get it fixed.

Well the click is still there, mazda replaced both front shocks..
    Looks like it will have to go back AGAIN.
    Frustrating.
    Mate I am having exactly the same issues as you. I took it to mazda at liverpool and they apparently flew someone in from melbourne to listen to the noise, along with the clunky/crunching gearshifts from 2nd to 3rd and they reckon its normal. I reckon they're just trying to hold off til november when my warranty runs out

Quote Originally Posted by mpsJOE View Post
    Mate I am having exactly the same issues as you. I took it to mazda at liverpool and they apparently flew someone in from melbourne to listen to the noise, along with the clunky/crunching gearshifts from 2nd to 3rd and they reckon its normal. I reckon they're just trying to hold off til november when my warranty runs out
    Curious, especially as that is where the my car has also been serviced.
    Possibly time to take it somewhere else for another opinion..

Mine is also doing it over speed humps or quick changes in elevation (ie steep driveways etc)

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD

Yes, sounds like exactly the same issue... Let me know if you make any progress, I really want to get this sorted before warranty runs out, as it would be unfair if it isn't because I raised this problem well over 6 months ago with Mazda and still have had no resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by mpsJOE View Post
    Yes, sounds like exactly the same issue... Let me know if you make any progress, I really want to get this sorted before warranty runs out, as it would be unfair if it isn't because I raised this problem well over 6 months ago with Mazda and still have had no resolution.
    I need to raise it with them again. To be honest I have dropped the ball a bit because I have not had time to follow it up, chances are they will need the car for a few days during the week again which I cannot afford to do (without a loan car) The dealership is not very close to my home so its about 30 minutes out of the way.. (PITA).
    Ill have to speak to them this or next week about it.. Its driving me nucking futs.

If anyone has some information/ideas/theories lets hear them!
    Even if you can tell us what they have replaced or done so far to troubleshoot the issue - I just really want to get it resolved.
    Last edited by Jmac; 19-04-2009 at 11:42 PM.

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD

After telling Mazda about the clicking sound in my drive train last service they said that they didn't find anything abnormal. The funny thing is, they actually fixed the clicking, and it hasn't happened since. I don't know if it's just something small, or if they're keeping something under the radar, but if you complain about it enough I guess they'll fix it.

~Jeev.

Hmm, interesting.. thanks for the update Jeev

Blog Entries

After telling Mazda about the clicking sound in my drive train last service they said that they didn't find anything abnormal. The funny thing is, they actually fixed the clicking, and it hasn't happened since. I don't know if it's just something small, or if they're keeping something under the radar, but if you complain about it enough I guess they'll fix it.

~Jeev.
    I think they do a bolt check and torque everything down every now and then....

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus View Post
    I think they do a bolt check and torque everything down every now and then....
    This was my first request, whether they went through with it i'm not sure, but if they did like they said they did, then it didn't fix the problem.

19. Default

I woke last Sunday morning to find my MPS also has a click when i started up....

But in my case, the battery was flat.... click click click click... blah..!

Note to self when going on holidays.. disconnect battery terminals..

Check this out.

Props to DOC for pointing me to this.
    For those who have heard clicking from wheel area - Mazdaspeed Forums

TSB attached for your convenience
    (and in case the original goes missing!)

driveshaftclick.pdf
    Last edited by Jmac; 01-05-2009 at 07:39 AM. Reason: typo!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast