User Tag List

Thread: Mazda 6 MPS tyres - Falken ZE912 vs Maxxis MA-V1

Smile Mazda 6 MPS tyres - Falken ZE912 vs Maxxis MA-V1

Hi Guys (and girls),

Wondering if anyone has had any exposure to either the Falken ZE912 tyre or the Maxxis MA-V1 - I will be running 245/40r18..

Getting four new tyres on Saturday and currently opting for the Falken, but wondering if anybody has an opinions or what tyres well go well on a Mazda 6 MPS..

I'm only looking to drop around a grand (with wheel alignment)...

Thanks!!

Meagan

Hi Meagan,

If I may, can I refer you to this thread if you have not read all ready

tyre-review-thread

Just for info, I have Kumho Ecsta KU21's on my 6MPS and I have experience no drama's. Even given some heavy cornering and plenty of meat remaining. Noise is low, wear is slow, grip is substantial. I paid around $1000 fitted.

Hope that helps

My Sumi's were $1065 for four, fitted and balanced.

I hope this is not too late.
    I paid $875 for Falkens Asymmetry ZE912 fully fitted.
    I would say it is adequate, it is quiet and smooth. I took it for a country cruise when on brand new, it handled the heavy rain pretty well.
    My driving style is pretty conservative, so these Falkens ZE912 do me fine atm.

5. Default

currently have the maxxis MA V1, didnt have them from new they came on the car with about 60% tread, grip and profile are quite good, wear seems exceptable, how ever road noise is pretty bad especially has the tread wear's down

I had Maxxis MA V1 on my 3MPS... they are great in wet and dry....stick to road well and wear is awesome...got about 40K outta them.

Yes...the only draw back was road noise....but they told me ....if it makes a lot of noise...then its good.

Just turn the stereo up....all good.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Maxxis MA V1 - As long as not bought from Bob Janes, sons Commodore wore out three in 11,000 kilometres - no wheel alignment or tyre pressure problems - Mr JANE tried to blame wheel alignment but one of their stores checked the alignment and found alignment perfect, actually better than most Commodores. After many promises from Bob Jane Head Office, in the end they refused to do anything about it, wouldn't even give us the courtesy of a phone reply from the Sydney Office as promised.

Three tyres worn through to steel belt on upper edge of wall only on the very outer edge on the tread and I mean only a few mm of the edge of the tread. Car would have had to have 60 degrees negative camber at least to wear on the wall like they did. Funny thing was that the fourth tyre was as good as new - no signs of wear at all.