User Tag List

Thread: Mazda 3 MPS Stock Availability

Default Mazda 3 MPS Stock Availability

Hi,

I'm new here, so please be gentle I've been reading the threads over the past few weeks and decided to make my first post.

I recently ordered my Mazda 3 MPS Luxury from a dealer in NSW. Getting a test drive was close to impossible as no dealers seem to have any demonstrators.

The dealer said due to a stock shortage everywhere, mine had to be 'built'. (I ordered Black).

Come mid October and hopefully taking delivery, it will be 2 months since placing the original order.

I called Mazda customer service, who said the same thing. The MPS is generally not kept in stock in large quantities and is usually ordered on demand.

Has anyone else come across this situation, not necessarily in NSW?

Naasif

weird... there is 2-3 MPS's in each of the dealerships around me... might be the specific spec/colour you want that's not very common... no idea

Welcome Naasif, I can't help you with that but I would say that some dealers will carry stock and some no, just from a recent visit to a tweed heads car show i spoke with the guys down there and they were saying that they may sell 1 a month so it wouldn't be in their interest to carry stock where Grand Prix Mazda in Aspley Brisbane had 10 in stock when I bought mine 2 years ago so it comes down to the dealer you go to I would say....

Welcome,

With discussions I have had. I got the feeling that Mazda has been reducing the numbers of the MPS's in the last month or two. I do not think they want MPS's in stock. I do not know if this was just because of M day. Ie no stock equals no delivery before 30 Sept and therefore excluding it without excluding it. Or just an effect to stop the discounting on the cars. Ie a car sitting in the yard costs money so dealers want them sold and therefore more likely to discount then on a car still to be made.

Hi,

Thanks. Suppose I just have to wait which has been agonizing

Only comfort I have at the moment is looking at the brochure and some high-res images from the website.

Quote Originally Posted by naasif View Post
    Hi,

Thanks. Suppose I just have to wait which has been agonizing

Only comfort I have at the moment is looking at the brochure and some high-res images from the website.
    Naasif,

I'm not sure on stock current stock availability as I bought mine last December.

I feel your pain on the wait though! I waited 3 months from time of test drive until I drove my MPS out of the car yard. the brochure was well worn by the time I got it . My wait wasn't due to lack of stock, it was due to finances. I'd just moved back from living in the UK so wanted to save a substantial deposit. My car yard was actually trying to get me to take an October build car and said they would hold it until I was ready in December - they had a VR arriving on a shipment in December anyway so God knows why they thought I would jump at that offer - trying to offload current stock obviously.

Mid October will arrive before you know it and you will Leehooning around in no time - unless of course you are one of those PatientSam drivers

Can't wait to see a post from you after you get your beast
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

HI,

Yes, will definitely post when the car arrives !

This will be my (our) first turbo car, having grown up on and only owned Honda VTECs. I was sorry to sell our Civic VTi-R 2000 Coupe a couple of weeks back. Even after 10 years I had no issues and that lovely VTEC sound at just over 5000 rpm was magic

Anyway, the criteria for the 'new family car' was simple

1. Must be 4 doors (a hatch a bonus). Ever tried getting 2 baby seats into a 2 door car's back seat !
    2. Needs to have a little more get-up-and-go than the Civic Coupe.

So, after test driving the Ralliart Lancer, WRX and 3MPS and then deciding on the MPS I was quite happy with the final choice. Never thought I would sway away from Honda

In the end the MPS had me with its interior finish and exterior looks and not to mention that turbo urge. WRX drove very nice. I think my first words were when I put my foot down was 'Holy SH*T' ! The interior Subaru really needs to do something about though.

With the Ralliart I was quite disappointed. Just could not get use to that automatic-manual-paddle-shift thing. Tried the paddle shift then switched to the plus-minus gear shift but it still drove like an automatic to me. And after having driven the WRX that same morning there was no 'turbo urge' in the Lancer, no matter how hard I pushed it. I know I was going fast from the speedo, but just couldn't feel it.

Has anyone else here test driven the Ralliart Lancer. Be interested to hear your thoughts.

Now I'm counting down the days. I've been calling Mazda Customer service (who have been very kind enough in updating me with information, if they happen to read this ) to track the car's progress from build to its final arrival in OZ. ( Helps if you know the stock number allocated). Don't know about "Leehooning" as I haven't had a speeding fine in a very long time. Then again that turbo-urge may change that

Naasif

Hi naasif....

In Vic, when I was looking a few months ago, there were only a handful about.

I stopped by my local Mazda dealer on the way home, intending to have a quick chat with a sales guy and maybe pick up a brochure, and it was just dumb luck that they happened to have one there in the colour I wanted.

Needless to say, they're worth the wait. I'm sure you'll be very happy with it.

Cheers,

Dan
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Welcome mate, enjoy your new MPS when you get, Congrats

I feel your pain, I ordered my Golf R in June and hopefully will get it mid December!