User Tag List

Thread: 2011 Audi RS3 to Debut at Paris: Report

Default 2011 Audi RS3 to Debut at Paris: Report

Audi's range-topping Audi RS3 was expected to make its debut at Frankfurt last year, but the hot hatch was a no-show. Reports out of Europe this week however suggest that a debut has now been scheduled for this month's Paris Auto Show.

According to GermanCarBlog, a UK buyer ready to lay down a cash commitment was told by an Audi dealer that not only would the RS3 appear at Paris later this month, but that production would be limited to just 2700 units.

Adding credence to the reports is the recent appearance of a heavily modified RS-styled prototype circling the Nurburgring, proving that development of the RS3 is now well advanced. For Audi watchers, an official announcement may not be too far off.

The RS3 promises to be worth the wait. Expected to be powered by the same turbocharged inline-five used by the TT RS, it could endow this very hot hatch with no less than 250kW and 450Nm of torque.

Of course, engine output may be detuned, but, like the TT RS, a six-speed manual gearbox will most likely be the only transmission available in the RS3.

With Audi's quattro all-wheel-drive system taking power to the ground, the five-door RS3 should prove a worthy alternative to the Subaru Impreza WRX STI and Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X.

[Source: TMR]
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

appears to have really bad brake dust on the front wheels

Quote Originally Posted by PerthMPS View Post
    appears to have really bad brake dust on the front wheels
    Must have soft pads they're also Golf R wheels!
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

lol. nice exhaust styling too...golf diesel inspired?
    Cant wait for this one, love the current s3 and this will put the R to shame......wonder about price

5. Default

oh man ... if only I was rich, been waiting for ever for this car to surface

Haha, eats the Focus RS for lunch nom nom

7. Default

eats everything for lunch ... mmm RS3

Gonna be pricey tho, the S3 is horrendously overpriced as it is. $70k for an MPS with 4WD is just madness. Just buy a Golf R, it's the same car and costs $20k less.

I am looking forward to the performance figures of the RS3 however, Judging by how utterly brilliant the RS4 was, i'm expecting a true evo beater.

also, it's still got somewhat of a sleeper appeal to it. id buy it just to give a shock to the evo/sti/skylines and all manner of V8's at the lights

Yea RS Audi's are the most understated cars money can buy. I'd be tempted to even remove the RS badge if I got one.