User Tag List

Thread: oil filter remove mps6

1. Default oil filter remove mps6

hi guys just a quick queston any idea how to remove an oil filter on a mps6. done this b4 been a while but lol. i can remove the bung on the filter but the filter wont twist off. or oh it might be able to pull it off. lol.

There is a special large socket to fit on black plastic/nylon oil dilter housing and unscrew. You may damage the housing if you use a normal oil filter remover that contracts. Superman may be able to undo by hand

One of those webbed belt type oil filters removers may work if you can't access the correct tool.

3. Default

thanks where can i get my hands on that large socket mate my be super cheap. pair off stillons might do it.

Good luck with the stillsons - the housing is plastic.
    I can see tears coming up here
    I bought a kit off ebay - does a variety of filters.
    The filter housing has a torque wrench setting to ensure correct seal on the "O" rings.

Just pay some-one if your are that incompetent to use stillsons on a motor vehicle - stillions are plumbers tools - not mechanics

5. Default

went down to supercheap picked up the oil filter clamp and peace off piss lol. stillions r mans best friends lol. not incompetent at all just this one did not wanna come off.

Quote Originally Posted by philbie13 View Post
    went down to supercheap picked up the oil filter clamp and peace off piss lol. stillions r mans best friends lol. not incompetent at all just this one did not wanna come off.
    GLAD THERE ARE NO TEARS

The right tool works wonders lol

Some - one used the stillsons to tighten it up
    Last edited by rd415; 19-09-2010 at 08:59 PM.