User Tag List

Thread: Beware!!! Street Unit freight is becoming excessive.

Default Beware!!! Street Unit freight is becoming excessive.

I was looking into some diff mount bushes for my Mazda 6 MPS, and looked to Street Unit.

The price of the bushes were US$35, which is cheaper than the manufacturer at US$50.

This however became expensive when I added shipping to Brisbane.

It was something like US$140!!!!!! So a $35 part became nearly $200!

I tried adding multiple items like an engine mount and rubbers but each added over US$30 to the shipping cost.

I ended up dealing direct with Turbine Tech for the bushes and they quoted me $69 freight, nearly half of Street Unit.
    Red '05 6MPS.

Funny thing - it is not only Street Unit - all mail from the US has become suddenly and stupidly very expensive.

I bought some chassis rail section for my Austin Healey Sprite from the U.S. and the freight was more expensive than the parts to buy. They were only light and about 40 cm long, so there was no excuse for the cost.

I Agree. Shipping is a joke on some stuff.
    I bought 6 titanium 6mm allen key bolts for a bike from the US. one of the shops wanted $50 shipping! These things weigh nothing! and could be put in a $5 envelope.

Funny thing though, on some big stuff even after shipping is cheaper than buying local.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Funny thing though, on some big stuff even after shipping is cheaper than buying local.
    Maybe a few months ago, not any more - used to buy parts with delivery cheaper than the retail price for the part here in OZ.

Suspension bushes I bought for one of the vintage cars the postage was more than the price of the bushes. That was last week.

Bits were for a 1953 Renault (French car - parts in US) not available in France or Aus - how weird!!!

MPS6 Autoexe bits were cheaper price in US but deliver costs took them from the $1795 total with delivery from Japan to $2,300 from the States

Interesting! Last month i purchased multiple goods(6) from SU and postage was from their site quoted $160.00us. (Ridiculous) Sent email to Mark at SU re the sites accumulative postage and BINGO freight was altered to reflect $58.00us.

Ask first b4 ordering as the site has a generic calculator for freight. Hope this helps.

I saved hundreds compared to AUST retail prices ,oh yeh the dollar was 0.93c
    Last edited by Oldhead; 21-09-2010 at 02:27 PM.