User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Bilstein shocks went in today

Default New Bilstein shocks went in today

Went down to City Suspension today and got the shocks he recommended I put in.

Bilstein B8's. This matches the general opinion on this forum as a good cheap option to upgrade the 6MPS dampers.

I have only driven it home over about 15mins so the impressions a a little early to give a final opinion, but interesting anyway.

I find the overall ride brilliant. The perfect blend of luxury and performance. I can notice bumps in the road but they no longer are felt through the steering wheel (previously with stock dampers and super low king springs). I tried a hairpin corner (my favorite on the way home) at medium speed, not full attack as I was in peak hr traffic, and the car held level all the way through the corner. Absolutely brilliant.

My car suspension matches what the car designer wanted. The 6 MPS is designed as a sports/luxury car, and it now feels like it. It previously didn't.
    Red '05 6MPS.

Good work mate, sounds like a great set up

Well said mate.

Bilsteins are perfect for the style of car the 6MPS is.

Great work, and it will only get and feel better once they settle in.... I can't wait to get mine more likely in the new year now for me...

So softer ride but better handling??

Any improvement puting down power?

Congratz

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Any improvement puting down power?

Congratz
    I would like to know the same as Nirv , but probably hard to compare the 6MPS with the 3MPS.....

Did you go back to stock springs,or fit these with the low king springs?

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    I would like to know the same as Nirv , but probably hard to compare the 6MPS with the 3MPS.....
    Bloody AD07 dont confuse him

Forget the comparint the 3 and 6, traction improvement...yes?, no?
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Bloody AD07 dont confuse him

Forget the comparint the 3 and 6, traction improvement...yes?, no?

Sorry mate....

Im just guessing we can get a little more "wheel hop happy" than our 6MPS cousins....

Thats a given

We don't have traction problems in the 6. But it's true that with Bilsteins in the 6MPS the ride quality is better and so is the handling. More compliant over bumps, yet flatter in corners and less squat on acceleration.

Having said that, I've played with damper settings to combat wheel hop in other cars and had little or no success.

Yes as KMH001 said the damper is a little softer in that it absorbs bumps better. You can still feel the bump occur but it isn't as harsh.

The handling around a corner is a big difference. The car is so much flatter, much less sway.

I retained the King spring super lows. The Bilstein B8 dampers are designed for lowered springs, so are a good match but any lowered spring would do.

How are the shocks going mate??going to get some soon I reckon so just getting an update since they should have settled in more now?Thanks

I would love to give a report but the rear diff bushes are stuffed, and so it is riding a little bit funny at the moment.

Hopefully they will be fitted tommorow. Then i should be able to give a better opinion .

I have had a bit more time to see how the new dampers perform, and I love them.

The car rides over small bumps much better, its not a massive difference but its probably 20% better. It feels much more like what I had in my mind what a 6 MPS should ride like.

Corners are a much bigger difference. The car definitely feels flatter through the corners, and much more composed as well.

I can recommend these as an upgrade.

I am thinking of fitting Bilstein B6 dampers to my MPS6 but cant find them listed as being for an MPS6 in the Bilstein catalogue.

Can anyone please help with the Bilstein part number for these?

Thanks,

Leon

Looks like they're the same part numbers for the 6 and 6MPS Leon.

FL: BE5-A256
    FR: BE5-A257
    R: BE5-A258

Thanks Dan, much appreciated.

As I said, I couldnt find them listed in the Bilstein catalogue, and reading other posts here it seemed like they may not be made for the MPS6.

Thanks again,

Leon

20. Default

go the B8's. Give Greg from GSL a call, he was by far the cheapest in australia. I rang 5 so called distributors/resellers, and they were the cheapest, even with a modest shipping charge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast