User Tag List

Thread: Rear Engine Mount !!!!!!!

1. Default Rear Engine Mount !!!!!!!

Hi

i want ot upgrade rear engine mount,and from what ive searched the CPE is better than the street unit mount,do you guys have the cpe or SU installed ? any reviews ?

durometer ? 60 , 75

thanks

Try these 3. Should tell you a fair bit about the cp-e ones.
    Iv got a 60: stuff all vibes, car sounds better, shifts better. Now that it has bedded in and settled down its so quiet I actually wish I had got the 75.
    Still very happy though.
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/how-t...pressions.html
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...installed.html
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...zda-3-mps.html
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

im running the TRZ Delrin which is much stiffer than the above so you'll feel vibes even when its settled in - but i like it

Every car is different in terms of how much vibration increases, and unfortunately you can't make any comparisons with the 3MPS because it has a different rear engine mount and no AWD.

The primary difference between the CPe and SU mounts is that one is rubber and the other is polyurethane. I'm sure that would translate into a difference in longevity given that one is an organic compound that decays.

I'll be installing my custom made 70 duro polyurethane rear engine mount tonight. It cost me all of $60.

Kmh001, Would you sell these to others????

I am thinking about a mount for my 6 at the moment. Due to lack of supply from Street Unit for the 6MPS one I have cancelled my order after waiting about 5 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin740 View Post
    Kmh001, Would you sell these to others????

I am thinking about a mount for my 6 at the moment. Due to lack of supply from Street Unit for the 6MPS one I have cancelled my order after waiting about 5 weeks.
    I'm just about to go for my first test drive with the new mount, so let me be sure it's working well before anything else. But so far it feels like there is less vibration than my car had when I was running the SU engine mount.

I re-manufactured the stock mount using 70 duro polyurethane. Only the big end is modified because the small end is already quite solid.

Last edited by kmh001; 15-09-2010 at 10:41 PM.

Gone to Volvo

Well everything turned out exactly as expected. Gear change is much improved, power gets to the ground better, no windup between gears and vibrations are only noticeable at idle rpm. I'm very happy with the result, it was $60 well spent.

I had my corksport inserts fitted today. Made a big difference and can barely notice the vibrations. (I am very picky). Mainly notice a slight vibration when aircon comes on, or just when your taking off.

I would say it would be almost unnoticeable once they wear in.
    Last edited by boost; 20-10-2010 at 04:05 PM.

Just ordered a set of inserts, a $55 upgrade is too good to pass up.

I have the corksports.. very happy with them, but would like to compare it to the cpe 60,70

Well my inserts finally arrived this arvo!

Installed them, the instructions here really dont describe how easy a job it really is, I was done in about 15 minutes. Very VERY easy as long as you have a breaker bar and a torque wrench.

Took her for a spin, noticable vibration on low speed take offs at about 1000rpm but if i take off at 1500rpm and slip the clutch a bit more it isnt noticable at all.

a few big advantages ive noticed first off:
    1. 1st gear bucking, in slow traffic crawling in 1st gear a small stab of the throttle causes the engine to buck around like a bull at the rodeo, with the inserts this is almost eliminated.
    2. Imperfect gear changes, similar symptom to 1, imperfect gear changes particularly in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear cause the engine to wallow around in the engine bay, this is eliminated completely now.
    3. Accelerating hard on rough surfaces, if a wheel loses traction momentarity then the shock is felt through the entire driveline when the engine moves, without the inserts this state of instability when the traction control is operating is accentuated considerably by the engine moving around. With the inserts it dissapears much faster which = more power down with more confidence.

Will check back in a week or 2 to see how the vibrations are going once they bed in, but overall it is feeling much sharper.

I may need to look into this, I hate noise vibration and rattles though drives me NUTS.... I will follow this ,I like what I'm reading

the vibration on take off is quite noticable especially when the car is heavily loaded (3 passengers + driver tonight) It feels a bit like the car is about to stall lol.

edit: I've given the car a good thrash since installing it now, starting to soften slightly and the vibrations are starting to fade. Will see how it goes long term but things keep getting better. After giving it a boot on some bumpy and windy roads you really can put the power down with more confidence, the entire driveline feels more stable and predictable now. Must have mod for anyone who likes to have a bit of fun with their MPS.

edit 2: 1000k's in and she is going beautifully, vibrations fading more and more as it wears in + me getting used to it has basically removed all downsides.
    Last edited by Reedy; 08-11-2010 at 01:20 PM.

Where do you get these from

MPS Garage