User Tag List

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: They have ARRIVED!!!! Ford Focus RS

Default They have ARRIVED!!!! Ford Focus RS

The first shipment of Ford’s highly regarded Focus RS has arrived in Australia, as these photos from a forum, surely confirm.

With just three colours available (Ultimate Green, Performance Blue and Frozen White) and a total allotment of 315 cars, you better be quick, if you fancy one.

With 224 kW and 440 Nm from a 2.5-litre, turbocharged five cylinder driving through a RevoKnuckle front wheel-drive system, the Focus is a formidable road hugging street weapon. 0-100Km/h will arrive in 5.9 seconds.

“Bespoke Continental tyres wrap around 19-inch alloys connected to the Quaife Automatic Torque Biasing Helical Limited Slip Diff – meaning grip will be plentiful”.

There’s always a price to be paid for both performance and exclusivity, so at $59,990, they’re not exactly a bargain, but I wouldn’t call it expensive, either.

Source: CarAdvice.com.au

These are 4 press cars for Ford Australia

Unfortunately after they have been trashed and worked the hell out of they will be crushed

Sounds silly but thats how they work...as they cannot guarantee the *reliability* of the car.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

The press are animals with test cars!

$27500 + about 10k ish modds and i have my dream car for now... 5.9 sec im sure i will bet that. $59990 i cant see the $$ worth

this gen 2 is hot and for a fraction of the cost. the RS is a nice car but not for 60k im not sold

Stop stalking me you sexy Gen2

Quote Originally Posted by MISSMPS View Post
    Stop stalking me you sexy Gen2
    i want a stacker that looks that good lol

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

stalker' i meant
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

I seriously cant stop looking at it.....Dammmmn you sexy thing

same i have saved it to my screen saver lol

Saaaaammmmmeskiiiiii

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    $27500 + about 10k ish modds and i have my dream car for now... 5.9 sec im sure i will bet that. $59990 i cant see the $$ worth

this gen 2 is hot and for a fraction of the cost. the RS is a nice car but not for 60k im not sold
    That is one damn fine sexy rear end Is the diffuser bit painted grey? I was going to paint it gloss black if I got one

Ford won't have trouble selling the XR5's plenty of people who won't hesitate at dropping $60K on a go fast hot hatch!
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

did anyone say thats a sexy arse.... sorry that has been said already

It's a ford ,.

Baby got back
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Ford will easily sell all the rs 's they bring in for $60k I hope some end up in Fnq I would love to go play with them in Madaz I would think A modded MPS could be as quick or quicker hope I get the chance to play with one That aluminium gen 2 is hot not even the rs would woo me i'm stickin with the MPS . they do look hot & colours are hot as well .Ive only owned one ford & that was one to many !!

Col
    Last edited by YOU LOSE; 14-09-2010 at 07:53 PM.
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

17. Default

My next buy is either a MPS3 or a new RX-whatever...

Don't get carried away chaps. Rototest have checked it out. Could explain the poor acceleration figures for the stated power.

Powertrain Performance Graph for Ford Focus RS -10 (224 kW)

In the UK, the insurance is insane and they are £4K more expensive than a MPS3. Think what you could do with £4k of mods.

One overriding consideration with all Fords - period. Shit assembly and build quality. Their paint is rubbish and their colour ranges are all boy-racer tones too. Panels and panel illumination are usually ghastly too.

After 5 years they all look buckled, faded and cheap, and no one in ten years would recall the shell in the wrecker's yard as belong to anything memorable. Doesn't matter how many Kw they shoe-horn into one, or how fast it goes out of the show-room, I wouldn't buy any Ford.

^^^^^ +1

I was going to say much the same thing.

The final straw with me was when i was an apprentice panel beater the TAFE purchased a brand new AU Falcon shell for learning how to use a car-o-liner.
    Brand new body, and it was so far out of shape it wouldn't fit on the car-o-liner.

I couldn't car less on how the RS focus goes, how much power it has, so long as it was assembled by Ford, i'm not interested.
    I would be interested to see how it does perform in the real world though (real roads, not a race track)
    Like most Fords, i bet its not as good as it is on paper.
    Over priced i think.
    They aren't on my potential next car list

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast