User Tag List

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: They have ARRIVED!!!! Ford Focus RS

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    i would like to see it lined up against other FWD hot hatches, as that's the type of car it is
    would also like to see it lined up against it's direct compeition in terms of price...

i realise that alot of times buying a car comes down to "i have $____ what's the best car i can get?" but would also like to see "money no object, what's the best FWD hatch i can buy off the showroom floor" which is where the GTI/XR5/MPS comparison comes in... does the ~50% price premium really get you a car that's 50% better?
    Money no object...then you aint buying a FWD hot hatch....your moving into Euro AWD/RWD hotter hatches and sedans.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    Why bother....all the mags will love the GTI and R

Something about car journos and VW

Happy Motoring
    duglet
    they're fat, lazy and like the DSG gearbox... that seems to be the big winner for the golf most of the time...
    wish one of the boxes would break on them though... might stop this massive hard on they all have for double clutch gearboxes
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Most auto journos seem to be not much more than 27, meaning they are dripping wet and have a driving experience that at best goes back to 1990 and know SFA of automotive development history. I've owned and driven cars most of them have never heard of, far less seen, such as my various Maseratis, my Iso Rivolta and Facel Vega, all pricier than a Rolls in their day. It galls me to hear them talking or writing about a car having "200 torques" or using phrases like "bespoke leather upholstery" or going all wet around the crotch about Porsche Panamera's "new" 4 door - 4 seat high-performance concept, even though it was around in the 1980's (viz. Lambo Espada), and in fact is generally no less hideous now than it was then.
    Last edited by Doug_MPS6; 15-09-2010 at 05:54 PM.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Conclusion to this thread ,Real men & hot women drive mps's !!!!!!!!

Col

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    Yeah but you had to stretch your motor out so it could run the bus..the CX7 and 9...

The Golf, the Renualt, the Focus, and Bits are missing and all the others will have 2.0 litre.

The Mazda will have the 2.3. I suppose its has to, given its mind numbing, and face splitting ugliness (yep even yours Dougie)
    You do know the 2.3 in the Mazda is a Ford block don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by YOU LOSE View Post

Col
    Well except if they are on there P's

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TallDan View Post
    Yeah, build by Mazda makes all the difference
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Quote Originally Posted by TallDan View Post
    Ford Transit engine

Happy Motoring
    duiglet

Good thread

To me for its looks and its stock performance the car is worth it, just shame I cant quite go that far, it would break my heart to part ways with my MPS and the GF thinks is ugly

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post

All Generation models start ugly... eg First WRX m Evo and LR focus..they just improve with age...
    ..you forgot the MPS
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Quote Originally Posted by YOU LOSE View Post

Col

YouTube - Renaultsport Clio 200 Cup v Ford Focus RS - autocar.co.uk

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

YouTube - Ford Focus RS vs. Renaultsport Megane 250 Cup, Part 1

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post

Yeah i agree you aren't a real man

Quote Originally Posted by MISSMPS View Post
    i seriously hope he's not a hot woman either... i know society has some weird ideas about stuff, but that would be wrong...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Anyone still want to spend 20k more on the RS over the renault????

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

YouTube - SEAT LEON CUPRA R, FORD FOCUS RS, MAZDA3 MPS E RENAULT MEGANE RS A CONFRONTO can someone translate

Quote Originally Posted by MISSMPS View Post

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    i seriously hope he's not a hot woman either... i know society has some weird ideas about stuff, but that would be wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    Yes
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

18. Default

We all know Renaults spend more time in the workshop or on the side of the road waiting for breakdown service..

Surely Mazda and Ford drivers recognise french crap when it swipes ya in the face..

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

YouTube - SEAT LEON CUPRA R, FORD FOCUS RS, MAZDA3 MPS E RENAULT MEGANE RS A CONFRONTO can someone translate

Luke it's in Italian, all it's really saying is what each car has in performance like KW and NM nothing else

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast