User Tag List

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: They have ARRIVED!!!! Ford Focus RS

Funny man....

All Generation models start ugly... eg First WRX m Evo and LR focus..they just improve with age...

The CX9 uses a ford V6

Anyways.....live your dream

Soon you will be a place in history like the 6MPS

The new focus and falcon running the 4cyl ecoboost will kill ford.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOrange View Post
    I reckon it will not be too far away before Mazda are running a 2l again aswell... Most likely the Ford 2l since they rarely have any original ideas
    They already use a 2.0L ....in the base models..

The sporty models increase in size.. SP20 , SP23 and now SP25

I think the new Gen 3 MPS will be a 2.5L ...like subaru

I cant see mazda downsizing the performance models.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Quote Originally Posted by Barnesy View Post
    None of the above makes any sense because you haven't driven one yet, and neither have I...

I do know these cars have a real soul, and that I feel I am qualified to say since I have driven and owned over 70 vehicles over the past 33 years, hot and not so hot.The base model XR5 has a soul compared to my WRX that I owned, Hot Toranas, XU1's SLR's, XY 351's etc.

The XR5 is the smaller derivative of the RS and fitted with the smaller light pressure turbo and 65 killerwasps less power, and they feel like a real drivers car to me.

The XR5(ST) is the vehicle that is mass produced as is the MPS, and is compared to as a 4 door hatch...

The RS is a 2 DOOR hot hatch which comes with some pretty well recognised and tested credentials.

No one said anything about the mismanagement at FMC, nor of their decline...

That is a frustrating part of working for and representing a company that has supported the Ozzie way of life and employed thousands of Aussies and I find that is truly just plain tragic.

This is pure unadultaerated history with an RS coming to this country..

Ppl have been knocking FMC's door down for over 3 years to get this model here..

I ain't gunna whine about that decision now.
    You say my simple point for doesn't make any sense, then you say these things:

"I do know these cars have a real soul" A REAL soul? Like in a person?

"The XR5 is the smaller derivative of the RS and fitted with the smaller light pressure turbo and 65 killerwasps less power, and they feel like a real drivers car to me." Yes yes we know that the XR5 is slow, I'm glad you enjoy driving it...

"The RS is a 2 DOOR hot hatch which comes with some pretty well recognised and tested credentials." I fully recognise credentials such as nm or Torque and KW of Power, along with well recognised and tested 0-100 times. Of which the RS is only barely quicker than the MPS. I get that for you Ford fanboys its a vast improvement over the XR5, that's great for you. So go peddle your wares to Ford owners!

"No one said anything about the mismanagement at FMC, nor of their decline..." Actually I said something about it. I'm not one to simply take things I see in mass media at face value.

"That is a frustrating part of working for and representing a company that has supported the Ozzie way of life and employed thousands of Aussies and I find that is truly just plain tragic." Sense, this sentance makes none.

"This is pure unadultaerated history with an RS coming to this country.." somehow I doubt that makes any sense either. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that one.... Maybe its some kind of Ford marketing lingo

"Ppl have been knocking FMC's door down for over 3 years to get this model here.." You'll find this funny, but I was one of said people. That said, the specs for the RS back then were much more impressive, worth the projected price tag of 80K evidently, THAT version of the RS never made it to production... No explanation given.

The RS has been on sale in the US for some time now... Yet to here of any MPS owners over there parting out to go buy one. And for lots of those guys, they've already got way more coin tied up in their Mazda's than it would cost to get an RS.

I'll say this just once more: I *LIKE* the look of your little dream car. But it's never going to live up to the ridiculous hype you're giving it.

4. Default

It will kill Falcon which will be a shame...

5. Default

This just goes round in circles hey?

Ppl that can't see past the end of their "M" badge...

get out there in the real world Guys, and drive some different cars.....Experience life a litttle...

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
    It will kill Falcon which will be a shame...
    You can blame many factors on this ..

The government ...with emission controls....and well ford for being lazy ..like holden and playing on the back of aussie families buy the big 6 sedans.

Times have changed and well these 2 aussie cars companies didnt...

The Korean and Japs....and a few euro companies...all started to make and bring mid sized sedans and hatches that supported familes.

Plus... aussies love SUVs

Then Holden goes in panic mode...imports 1999 daewoo models...gives a refresh to sell to fill the gap till they could make something (Cruze)

Ford...well it has been living on falcon sales for so long....as the focus is rubbish with sales.

Now....falcon sales have hit all time lows...so....they think putting a 4cyl will draw them back

Hate to say it....but it will flop.

As for focus....not sure why they never really sell considering its the same as a Mazda 3....guess its the interior.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

This just goes round in circles hey?

Ppl that can't see past the end of their "M" badge...

get out there in the real world Guys, and drive some different cars.....Experience life a litttle...
    Mate no disrespect, but I'd accuse you of exactly the same. The difference is I don't come over to XR5Turbo and try to tell everyone over there that they're driving the wrong car.

And it's funny that you, knowing nothing about me are giving me life advice, even funnier that you seem to think that Mazda's dont exist in the real world.

We all make choices when we bought our cars. I made mine you made yours. You like yours I like mine.

You've signed up to a forum based around a different manufacturer and you're shoving blue ovals down our throats. This in my book is akin to walking into a strangers yard and shitting on their lawn. Please stop. you've added your opinion and I've added mine, there's nothing to be gained from here on.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    You can blame many factors on this ..

The government ...with emission controls....and well ford for being lazy ..like holden and playing on the back of aussie families buy the big 6 sedans.

Times have changed and well these 2 aussie cars companies didnt...

The Korean and Japs....and a few euro companies...all started to make and bring mid sized sedans and hatches that supported familes.

Plus... aussies love SUVs

Then Holden goes in panic mode...imports 1999 daewoo models...gives a refresh to sell to fill the gap till they could make something (Cruze)

Ford...well it has been living on falcon sales for so long....as the focus is rubbish with sales.

Now....falcon sales have hit all time lows...so....they think putting a 4cyl will draw them back

Hate to say it....but it will flop.

As for focus....not sure why they never really sell considering its the same as a Mazda 3....guess its the interior.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Everything is about the interior with you isn't it Duglet, I am sure interior is not a deal breaker for everyone, Personally I think there is nothing wrong with the XR5 interior I am not a fan of the Mazda interior not that htere is anything in particular wrong with it though it would not be a deal breaker for me however the smile the tailights and the zoom zoom boom would be...
    Vote for me at Focus-Gallery.de
    Electric Orange, No leather, No Sunroof, Custom Intake, Skunkzorst 3" cat back, 3" dump pipe with 550cfm Race Cat, Airtec Gen3 IC, ChipTorque Custom Tune, H&R Lowered Springs, Whiteline Adjustable Rear Swaybar, KU36 235/40/18. Soon to be added Bilstein Shocks, EBC Red Pads, Slotted Rotors, hopefully a quaife.166kw

9. Default

Anyway, go the RS!!!!

After all, this is what this thread is about.

Go and have a look at all the hype on all the car mags, and you tube. The writers are raving about it.

I do agree though, 60k is a bit steep. FOr that you would at least want AWD, but hey, people will buy them, and I will go as far as there will not be many left for sale once they arrive. And the ones that are left will be at silly prices i.e. WA where they want 75-80k..

Isnt that robbery to charge those excessive prices...

And im sure its against the laws as a consumer.

Anyways...like you have said...some ppl will pay any price for a car with hype

And yes....for 60K you should get AWD.... as the Golf R has it for the same money.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Scaredycrow View Post
    Mate no disrespect, but I'd accuse you of exactly the same. The difference is I don't come over to XR5Turbo and try to tell everyone over there that they're driving the wrong car.
    I didn't tell you your car was a pile of crap...(Just alerting ppl to open their eyes and look past the M badge, and recognise class when they see it regardless of who built it).
    And it's funny that you, knowing nothing about me are giving me life advice, even funnier that you seem to think that Mazda's dont exist in the real world. (Mazdas do exist....Right across the road from me actually...Little smiley faces smiling at me all day..Argh)

We all make choices when we bought our cars. I made mine you made yours. You like yours I like mine.(Hey..I didn't tell you to buy an ugly car)

You've signed up to a forum based around a different manufacturer and you're shoving blue ovals down our throats.(Am Not) This in my book is akin to walking into a strangers yard and shitting on their lawn. Please stop. you've added your opinion and I've added mine, there's nothing to be gained from here on.
    (Cool....It's only a car afterall, and it's all light hearted comaraderie between the brands)

12. Default

(Cool....It's only a car afterall, and it's all light hearted comaraderie between the brands)
    some people get soo touchy

13. Default

Yeah...If I wanted a different vehicle manufacturer thread on a Forum...Then I'd be prepared to Look at all the unbiased angles of that vehicle...

No One here has driven one, so it's all speculation till one of us jumps in and hits the GO pedal for the first time.

Blog Entries

Yeah...If I wanted a different vehicle manufacturer thread on a Forum...Then I'd be prepared to Look at all the unbiased angles of that vehicle...

No One here has driven one, so it's all speculation till one of us jumps in and hits the GO pedal for the first time.
    I don't think they would let me test drive one with my poor little Neo as a guarantee of me coming back
    Not Gone...just "busy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino
    It's not blue screen of death Kent, it's Auora Blue screen of death

15. Default

Only one way to find out....

If you don't ask you don't get

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post
    I don't think they would let me test drive one with my poor little Neo as a guarantee of me coming back

Thats Gold...

Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post
    Thats Gold...
    wonder if they would let some 22yr old male test drive one
    doubt it somehow... even if i did turn up in my MPS

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

whatever happens, am looking forward to comparisons between the MPS/XR5/GTI in terms of the type of car, and/or golf R/evo/STI in terms of $$$ value...

hurry up motoring magazines/internet sites!!!
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

mps for $$ value cant go past it.. same as wrx
    RS for $$ value i dont think its worth it. cuz that money ur up against the golf R ( the golf for value wins)
    If u have the money and buy the RS good for u ....

Quote Originally Posted by luke 3mps View Post
    mps for $$ value cant go past it.. same as wrx
    RS for $$ value i dont think its worth it. cuz that money ur up against the golf R ( the golf for value wins)
    If u have the money and buy the RS good for u ....
    i would like to see it lined up against other FWD hot hatches, as that's the type of car it is
    would also like to see it lined up against it's direct compeition in terms of price...

i realise that alot of times buying a car comes down to "i have $____ what's the best car i can get?" but would also like to see "money no object, what's the best FWD hatch i can buy off the showroom floor" which is where the GTI/XR5/MPS comparison comes in... does the ~50% price premium really get you a car that's 50% better?
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    wonder if they would let some 22yr old male test drive one
    doubt it somehow... even if i did turn up in my MPS

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

whatever happens, am looking forward to comparisons between the MPS/XR5/GTI in terms of the type of car, and/or golf R/evo/STI in terms of $$$ value...

hurry up motoring magazines/internet sites!!!
    Why bother....all the mags will love the GTI and R

Something about car journos and VW

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast