Hi all,

Don't know if this has been discussed before, but I've been doing a bit of research on Coilovers for the 3 MPS, and have noted that one flaw with having a camber plates is that the allen head bolts are not easily accessible due to the strut tower hole design from factory. I have owned many vehicles with coilovers and the easiest would have had to be the camber plates on my Datsun track car, you would simply jack the car, loosen the bolts and slide the pillow ball plate to get some adjustment.

In saying so, to do the same on a 3 MPS you would have to drop the coilovers down, loosen up the bolts and slide the plate then bolt them back up. I have seen one MPS from the states which had that strut top hole enlarged via cutting using a dremmel tool, IMO I wouldn't wanna hack up such a new car and I pretty sure it would be illegal here in Aus.

So an alternative that I have found is this: K-MAC Front & Rear Suspension kits to suit Mazda

and also more info of it bolted to a MS3 in the US: Google Image Result for http://inlinethumb09.webshots.com/15496/2199083790103164590S425x425Q85.jpg

K-Mac have been making these strut top plates for years, and all it would take on our cars would be to loosen up the strut retaining bolts and slide the plate to get camber and caster adjustment.

Problem is that on top of purchasing some coilovers say for $1200 to $1800 or depending on budget you would have to add an additional $370 and replace the top hats on the coilovers with these.

Would be great for ppl looking at hitting the track and thus require to make adjustments often.
K-Mac have been making these strut top plates for years, and all it would take on our cars would be to loosen up the strut retaining bolts and slide the plate to get camber and caster adjustment.

Problem is that on top of purchasing some coilovers say for $1200 to $1800 or depending on budget you would have to add an additional $370 and replace the top hats on the coilovers with these.

Would be great for ppl looking at hitting the track and thus require to make adjustments often.