User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yet another New MPS 3 Owner!!!

Default Yet another New MPS 3 Owner!!!

Hi guys,

Thought I'd introduce my self, my name is Alex and I am a very proud new owner of a 06 MPS 3 in True Red. I live in the south easter suburs of Melbourne, I had the intention of joining the forums a while back since I was doing a bit of research on the 3 MPS, before taking the plunge which I'm now happy I did

I've owned the car now for two weeks, it was purchased from Brighton Mazda with 71,xxxkms and in very tip top condition. I originally come from the Nissan brigade with my hobby/project car being a 75 datsun 180B which I was building for the track and hill clibs, my missus is actually a Mazda owner and drives a MX-5 SE, I had been looking for a new car to replace my 00 MK4 Golf and had contemplated other Nissans, and even the MPS arch rival, the Golf GTi but finally settled for this one.

I love the power and the way it handles is great, I'm surprised how fast it accellerates, and funny enough the other reason why I purchased a 3 MPS is that my older brother owned one back in 2006 and has always said they're a great car!!!

I already have some plans for it, this weekend I will be replacing the stock Xenon globes with some 6000K D2S globes together with LED T10s for parkers and lisence plate, but I hope to follow this up with some Coilovers, fatter wheels, rear spoiler extension, front lip, side lips and I also looking at replacing the TMIC, perhaps a Turbo back exhaust (though I like the Jet like sound they make), Intake, short shifter and of course some dyno tuning. Though this will be a slow process since I have limited time to work on cars now days and also paying a mortgage and other stuff makes it hard, but like they say "all in due time"...

I'd love to meet you all some time, specially fellow Vic members and go for a cruise!!!

Thought I'd also add some photos of my car, these are from the dealer's online advert...

Thanks for having a look and hope to chat with yall soon!

Alex

Welcome Alex. Looks in great shape. Nice colour choice. The best really, apart from Velocity Red of course.

Great list of mods coming up I see. Very interested to here you changing your stock Xenon bulbs for a brighter white. Make sure you start a ride page and keep us up to date.

Enjoy the jet feeling!

Thanks Yeldarb. It was the only color I was willing to settle for, I had seen a black one that was for sale but felt that the red with black sections give it more contrast and break things up a little.

Yeah I'm also looking forwards to doing some mods, but will be done slowly and only one at a time since I'm such a busy lad. I actually fly out to Houston next week on a business trip, and will be away for two weeks, I just hope that I can bring back some goodies from the US for the MPS since the AUD is prety good at the moment.

I had seen photos of a white MPS in the US with 6000k globes and matching fogs, so thought this would be a great little mod to start off with, I will post photos once I have installed them.

Alex

Welcome Alex, great to see another Vic on board!

Nice, clean looking car you've got there too

In terms of upcoming Vic events, we've got some discussion going on here: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/club-...er-events.html

Cheers,

Dan

Thanks for link Dan!

Hope I can make it to either one of the planned events, maybe when I'm back from the States???

Cheers!

great example of gen 1 there. Good to see the Victorian membership increasing of late. Am planning to change my globes so would be interesting to see how yours looks. Welcome to the forum!!!

to ozmps
    nice to see you joined and that you're enjoying your car (the latter being more important!)
    lotsa people here are keen on their mods, so no doubt you'll be able to gain plenty of advice from people around here
    all the victorians are coming out of the woodwork atm!

if you're really keen, there is going to be a massive gathering at bathurst 12 hours next year, meet people from NSW & QLD
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/club-...ry-2011-a.html
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/club-...our-event.html

hope to see your car joining the other melbourne supporters on cruises soon
    P.S. black & white are bad colours to have in melbourne, makes me think you're a collingwood supporter
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

^^^ Hahaha well my Datsun is white and the Golf is black, but being Latin American I don't really follow footy lol

Bathurst hey??? Sounds like a plan!!!

Yeah that's why I joined, I looked and looked since most forums are filled with the typical S15s, RX7s etc etc I'm glad I found a MPS only community

Anyone know of good tunners in Melb???

Also looking at changing my gear knob but not sure what the thread type is???

Maybe I should post this or do a search....

Alex

Smile Mps rehab for turbo junkies u can checkout but u can never leave !!!!

Alex to OZMPSClub the message is up thier very nice clean car I am sure most mps owners look after them so usually a good buy pre loved . If you decide to join in with the Vic crew & come up to the Bathurst 12 hr please let me know & I can include you on the list ,if you don't register you won't get the free 3 day pass's etc

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

welcome Alex, very tidy MPS you picked up

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Nice colour choice. The best really, apart from Velocity Red of course.

Welcome Alex!!!

Very nice car you've picked up, looks great!!! Hope you enjoy hooning around in it as much as we all do in ours!!!

Good luck for your trip to the States
    Last edited by Leelu; 10-09-2010 at 02:50 PM.
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Thank you

Yeah it is real clean, I personally can't fault it, it only seems to have a few scrappes on the front lower lip which is expected and also the gear knob has some scratches on it.

apart from that the previous owner had done a great job of keeping it clean. Oh and I also happen to be the 3rd owner....

Alex

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Just got my T10 LED lights...

Enough to keep me busy tonight since the missus is going out

FYI, if you guys wanna do the same check out Euro Division on Ebay. Jaso the owner of the business is a real top bloke, he even dropped them off at my work today! Oh and he has a 100% feedback, just don't forget to mention my name .

Here are the lights I've purchased off him.

D2S Factory Xenon replacements: Philips D2S D2R D2C Xenon Bulbs 6000K Mazda 3 03-07 - eBay Headlights, Lights, Indicators, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 30-Sep-10 03:27:15 AEST) Great price and come with a 12 month warranty!

T10 LED 194 T10 LED White License Bulbs Mazda 3 323 6 626 BRAVO - eBay LED Lights, Lights, Indicators, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 27-Sep-10 18:17:30 AEST)

Will post up some photos once they're done!!!

Alex

Another True Red, Hmmm lives to far away Welcome to the forum enjoy your stay.

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    Another True Red, Hmmm lives to far away Welcome to the forum enjoy your stay.
    might be able to see him at bathurst
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Welcome to the forum Alex, I also had a look at your new wheels at Brighton Mazda and agree it's been well looked after. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun doing the up and coming mods you have planned. Thanks for the info on the lights, thinks I'm going to track some T10's down also but will wait and get your thoughts on them 1st after fitting.

My name is Alex too and I drive an MPS and i live in the sth east subs of melb hehe nice ride. Lets go cruisin!

Welcome aboard,

I hope to see you on a cruise soon.

Quote Originally Posted by In Black View Post
    Welcome to the forum Alex, I also had a look at your new wheels at Brighton Mazda and agree it's been well looked after. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun doing the up and coming mods you have planned. Thanks for the info on the lights, thinks I'm going to track some T10's down also but will wait and get your thoughts on them 1st after fitting.
    Thanks mate!

Oh awesome stuff, good thing you didn't buy it lol

Well I've just finished installing the lights and they look freaking awesome!

The T10s are real bright but they could do with a little blue tinge to match the 6000k D2S globes, The number plate ones are real nice and light it up real well, and the parkers look freaking evil now!!! Once I had finished I actually freaked out a little when I first turned them on, the 6000k's were very weak but then they slowly got brighter, and brighter and really bright!!! They light up the road quite well now, and I also gave the vertical adjusment 1 1/2 turns to make the reach go that little bit further.

The only thing I'm dissappointed with are the fogs, the HB4 globes I got from that Mars seller on ebay are sh*t!!! They claim to be 4800k (halogen) but the package says 4300k and they still look freaking yellow!!! I think I will head past his shop again next week after work and get him to give me money back or replace them!!!

That being said, I'm still looking for replacements for the Fogs, was thinking on going LED but not sure how that will look....

Any suggestions???

premhk: Yeah man should exchange numbers and hang out some time!!! Maybe meet up at the car wash in Doveton and catch up for a cruise!!!!

I will take some photos over the weekend and also might head out tonight and take a few shots with the lights on.

BTW thank you all very much for making me feel welcomed, I look forwards to meeting up with yall at Bathurst, if I get the chance to go that is :P

Cheers!

Alex
    Last edited by Malicioso; 10-09-2010 at 11:05 PM.

Anyone know of good tunners in Melb???
    That I do, Alex.
    The Horsepower Factory in Dandenong. Call Matt. Tell him Jon from Ozmpsclub told you to call. Trust me...

Check out my thread...
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/dyno-...hp-f-tune.html

BTW, welcome, matey. Look forward in seeing you on a cruise sometime soon.
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

Thanks for the link Jon...

I think my brother knows them well, he used to take his 02 STI to them all he time, might give him a call and talk about some mods I have in mind. Another plus is that they're only a 15-20min drive from my place!!!

Ps: Still working on those photos....

Alex

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast