User Tag List

Thread: Video: Mazda Shinari concept and Kodo-fied Mazda3 make the scene

Default Video: Mazda Shinari concept and Kodo-fied Mazda3 make the scene

Filed under: Concept Cars, Sedan, Videos, Paris Motor Show, Mazda

Mazda Shinari Concept - Click above to watch video after the jump

We're going to go ahead and say it: of all of the companies out there, few demonstrate a command of the concept car quite like Mazda. While most manufacturers seem to be eschewing the concept in favor of thinly-veiled production vehicles, Mazda continues to tantalize the imaginations of onlookers with cars like the Furai. Now, it looks like the company is planning to turn away from its somewhat controversial (read: smiley) Nagare design language in favor of a new theme. Mazda is calling it Kodo, meaning "soul of motion," and if the Shanari Concept is any indication of what we can expect from future models, we're sold.

Mazda has just rolled out a couple of videos that show off the company's new look. The first features a CG Shanari rolling through crowded city streets, tunnels and the rolling tarmac of what we assume to be the Japanese countryside. The second gives us an idea of what a Kodo-fied Mazda3 might look like. Hit the jump for a quick look see.

[Source: Mazda via YouTube]Continue reading Video: Mazda Shinari concept and Kodo-fied Mazda3 make the scene

Video: Mazda Shinari concept and Kodo-fied Mazda3 make the scene originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 08 Sep 2010 11:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

And Mazda saw the light and saved us all from the shame before it was too late.

Yeah cos I feel oh so ashamed when I'm driving around in my car.

(that was sarcasm, in case it got lost in translation)

4. Default

pity Mazda didnt save us from you and your trolling

^ Leetroll

I dunno, the second vid with the possible new MPS mock ups still looks like a freakin smiley face to me....

I see what they're trying to achieve and I like it.

[off topic]

Nirvandan, I get that you're not a fan of the design of the new model. I've only been here a short time and I've already worked that out. But shame?? Really?? C'mon dude, that's harsh.

I really don't see what the big issue is. I work with a guy who has a Gen I and I think it looks fantastic. I think MY Gen II looks fantastic too. They're different to be sure, but neither is without their own quality. Please stop putting down the Gen II (and indirectly their owners) and let's just all move on

[/off topic]
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

stop feeding the troll people
    the more it's fed, the more it trolls

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Nirvandan, I get that you're not a fan of the design of the new model. I've only been here a short time and I've already worked that out. But shame?? Really?? C'mon dude, that's harsh.
    Im only kidding, you love you car and i respect that, please dont take any of my comments on the subject seriously. My apologies to you.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Im only kidding, you love you car and i respect that, please dont take any of my comments on the subject seriously. My apologies to you.
    Thanks dude
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Quote Originally Posted by Scaredycrow View Post
    ^ Leetroll

I dunno, the second vid with the possible new MPS mock ups still looks like a freakin smiley face to me....

Huh?..that I missed, where can I see this possible MPS mock up?

Cr@p I might have got my hopes up to early lol

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    stop feeding the troll people
    the more it's fed, the more it trolls

You cant tech old dogs new tricks Sam
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Take a big breath everyone and count to 3 feel better. I'm stuck for words I just don't know how to put it, I typed so many times and deleted because I don't want to offend anyone, i just which we put it to rest, people say things for a stir and people react just let it go over your head, some people will have a laugh and some will be offended for some reason and it goes the other way. Sorry to rave on it's not hard to ignore if i can do it i'm sure others can.....
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

*Starts counting*

one!.....hmmmm , whats after 1?

*Starts counting*

one!.....hmmmm , whats after 1?

wait... it can count to 1?
    damn... it's more intelligent than previously thought...
    i'll need redo all previous assumptions...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Im full of surprises

Im full of surprises

A,B,C , 1, 2, 3 to much for your 1st lesson Al baby....
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

A, B...what?

Yeah you right!

Hmm I think I will have another piece of that watermelon lol

Huh?..that I missed, where can I see this possible MPS mock up?
    YouTube - Kodo: The Soul Of Motion - The Future of Mazda Design

So called Mazda3 Mockup. TBH it looks more Mazda2 sizewise.

Cool vid, thanks man

stop teaching it rino

Its okay, im a slow leaner