User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Removing door protector strips

i parked mine in the hot summer sun for a whole 2 minutes then peeled both sides off in under a minute. i then moved onto the mazda 3 badges. then the mazda logo badge. all took ooo about 3 minutes. and left pretty much zero marks. after 2 car washes any remaining marks have completely gone. if you youtube mazdaspeed 3 side moulding removal. u will get a bloke who just rips one off. the vid goes for like 9 seconds or something. then when he finishes. he just says 'done'. which is exacttly how i did mine haha. and just as easy. lole.

lup15: that ain't brake cleaner, best bet is to use polish, wax n grease remover or best of all (imo anyways) Prepsol!!!!

Great for removing marks like that left over residue from adhesives, also works great to get those pesky sticker outlines from paint work, it wont harm your paint and acts just like a grease and wax remover...

I use Prepsol for a lot of applications as well, good stuff. If any one has seen "my big fat greek wedding" I'm like the dude with his windex solution for everything. This is the product I used last time that works pretty good, never really used much of it on paint so I would be a little cautious but should be ok.

Pfft, I shaved my car back in 2006

Just peel the strips off and use paint cleaner to clean it up afterwards. Badges and older tape that have degraded a bit will come off with 12lb fishing line and same with the paint cleaner afterwards.
    Last edited by Jeev; 11-12-2010 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malicioso View Post
    lup15: that ain't brake cleaner, best bet is to use polish, wax n grease remover or best of all (imo anyways) Prepsol!!!!

Great for removing marks like that left over residue from adhesives, also works great to get those pesky sticker outlines from paint work, it wont harm your paint and acts just like a grease and wax remover...
    I was referring to the person who said they tried brake cleaner. was too lazy to quote :P
    Last edited by lup15; 10-12-2010 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeev View Post
    Pfft, I shaved my car back in 2006

Just peel the strips off and use paint cleaner to clean it up afterwards. Badges and older tape that have degraded a bit will come off with 12lb fishing line and same with the paint cleaner afterwards.
    Not a fan of shaving. I find waxing work best Lasts longer!!
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Not a fan of shaving. I find waxing work best Lasts longer!!
    I hear the Laser removal is better again and lasts for ages

This thread finally got me motivated to get this done....very glad I did it as it looks much better !!

Removed the protector panels then autoglymed polished the car - beautiful.

That looks tops Kookie

Your car just need moar low now and it will look shmick!

yeah I'd love to make it lower, it will just be impossible to get into my driveway !!

when the mrs gets another car i might drop it, then I won't have to listen to any scrapes if she drives it out the wrong way.......worst noise ever.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12