User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: August 2010 Sales Results - Top Ten, Mazda and Performance Model Breakdown

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    They did....but the Gen2 has had billboard displays and advertising on net etc..

The devil tail didnt start to well after the MPS was out.....

The 6MPS got no promoting at all....which is why i think it didnt do well.

Mazda are doing a good job but....the product does need to be promoted more...and I think they need to think about more cars in the MPS range.

Happy Motoring
    duglet
    Yes Doug you are correct & your points are valid ones hope Mazda Aust take these comments onboard

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    Well Mazda Australia have a lot of training to do, I have been in retail for 29years and trained people most of that time. I always started with the highest item in that category and worked my way down and explained the difference and when you went through finance options most would prefer to get the better product for little difference in weekly repayments. I found that a lot of people walked in to buy what the saw on TV and most of the sales team would just sell it to make a sale and the ones that were shown the difference from the advertised item would sooner have the better product with the features and that for me was about 70% of my sales. Lot of companys advertise the cheaper product to bring the clients in,but it's the salesperson to explain the differences between the product range without being pushy,explain the benifits between them all and maybe the little difference between each model when it comes to repayments per week could make the difference to buying the MPS

My 2 bob's worth....
    You'd think more of the Mazda sales peeps would cotton on to this... They work off comission after all!

Quote Originally Posted by Scaredycrow View Post
    You'd think more of the Mazda sales peeps would cotton on to this... They work off comission after all!
    Proffessional, motivated, enthusiastic,passionate about the product , well trained sales people are as rare as a one armed wall paper hanger , most sales people these days sit in thier little cubicals in flash suits & don't even bother getting of thier arse to come out to serve you, if they do bother it's like they are doing you a favor just to talk to you .Like Rino I have a 45 year career in sales & marketing & most of this generation of sales ppl just don't cut the mustard sadly . I had a Mazda sales person try to talk me out of a mps 3 s/pac becauce he wanted to sell me the pov pack mps they had in stock . So I went to a smaller regional country dealer that had not lost the art of good old fashioned service , ordered the MPS that i wanted & waited 3 months to get .They made me feel that I was a valued customer & still do 3.5 years later . I am not just talking about car dealerships it is a problem in all retail sales outlets , I don't know how many places I have walked out the door because nobody could be bothered to serve me . Mazda Aust want to sell more cars ??? Employ people like me I could run rings around most of the current crop .I actually have the people skills to relate to customers & life experiance & thats my 2 cents worth.

Col
    Last edited by YOU LOSE; 08-09-2010 at 11:02 AM.
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

The Performance Model Breakdown has been added to my first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazda Guru View Post
    The Performance Model Breakdown has been added to my first post.
    Thanks Mazda Guru, sorry to hijack this tread I did see that, it's a passion thing I feel that MPS sales could be better made with better training in house... When I purchased advertised products I also ordered the better models to sell up to and was forever restocking the better models....
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Quote Originally Posted by lucifuge View Post
    no offence intended, but unfortunately a meaningless comparison unless you offset it against a baseline. For example, do you have total mazda sales for both periods?
    Couldn't agree with you more. In fact it's a completely different story when you look at total numbers.....

In the 34 months between June 2006 and March 2009 1,585 Gen 1 Mazda3 MPS were sold. That's an average of 47 per month.

In the 14 months between July 2009 and August 2010 896 Gen 2 Mazda3 MPS were sold. That's an average of 64 per month.

Note: between April 2009 and June 2010 there were only 8 Gen 1 Mazda3 MPS sold so I've included them in the total but not counted the months.
    Last edited by Mazda Guru; 08-09-2010 at 01:36 PM.

7. Default

Thanks Mazda Guru its always good to look at things in perspective with the whole picture

Sorry about my rant in my previous post Mazda Guru I wasn't having a go at you , I am to passionate about the MPS that combined with grumpy old man sindrome & the fact that the mps is not a market leader in hot hatches just erks me , no offence intended .

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by YOU LOSE View Post
    Sorry about my rant in my previous post Mazda Guru I wasn't having a go at you , I am to passionate about the MPS that combined with grumpy old man sindrome & the fact that the mps is not a market leader in hot hatches just erks me , no offence intended .

Col
    Col,

No offence taken, appreciate your comments. It's fantastic that you're so passionate. I too would love to see the Mazda3 MPS do better. I guess it's always a balancing act trying to figure out how many $$$ and how much training to throw behind a paricular product. And when you're up against such well established hot hatches as the Golf GTi and Impreza WRX it's always going to be an uphill battle. Further, all Dealerships tend to have a high turnover of staff so it's not always easy to ensure you have the right sales people with the best knowledge.

Craig (aka Mazda Guru)
    Last edited by Mazda Guru; 11-09-2010 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazda Guru View Post
    Col,

No offence taken, appreciate your comments. It's fantastic that you're so passionate. I too would love to see the Mazda3 MPS do better. I guess it's always a balancing act trying to figure out how many $$$ and how much training to throw behind a paricular product. And when you're up against such well established hot hatches as the Golf GTi and Impreza WRX it's always going to be an uphill battle. Further, all Dealerships tend to have a high turnover of staff so it's not always easy to ensure you have the right sales people with the best knowledge.

Craig (aka Mazda Guru)
    Thanks Craig , yes I do understand I have run 3 bussinesses & I know the problems with staff but you have a brilliant car in the MPS & I think it will eventually get the recognition it deserves keep on perservering mate .

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

Could I trouble you for another colour breakdown Mazda Guru?

Quote Originally Posted by Leelu View Post
    Could I trouble you for another colour breakdown Mazda Guru?

Apologies but I've been unable to get around to your request. Work has been hectic, including a trip to Hiroshima a couple of weeks ago. I've just posted the September results so will post an update on colours into that thread in the next day or so.

Cheers,
    Craig (aka Mazda Guru)

13. Default

ooohhhh did you find out any goss for us at Hiroshima o Guru of all things Mazda

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    ooohhhh did you find out any goss for us at Hiroshima o Guru of all things Mazda
    Now where would the suspense be if you knew everything

15. Default

we are MPS drivers we dont like suspense, we live in the moment

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    we are MPS drivers we dont like suspense, we live in the moment
    how true!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12