User Tag List

Thread: servicing perth

Smile servicing perth

well got my mps6 serviced at cyfer industries today. zack did a great job.ran through all quiries i had bout oil and lowering the car and dp with exhuast.price was good too! anyone who's looking at place to service would highly reccomend. all sweet til 60 000km now

Yeah Zack is pretty good. Friendly character and quite knowledgeable. Glad you were happy with his service. My car is booked for Friday to get the water pump done! Expensive for the lot with Mazda parts but it has to be done! He must be getting fairly familiar with MPS6's by now!! FYI I had my exhaust done by Cypher as well. He should be able to install a DP no worries if you should want one done

yeh he was really good i thought. thats the main reason went with him. my old mech hadn't done any work on a mps6, so didn't wanna go there. and wasn't keen on dealers. i talked to him about exhausts and dp too.he said he could make another one like yours.maybe later.shes getting lowerd next wk can't wait. saw you rogwick the other day, near supercheap cannington. well enjoyed the sound of your car. i went and got a butt load of leds, so my car is all whited up now. spewing bout your water pump. well guess thats another thing zack will gain knowledge of, incase someone elese does it.

That was you on the phone was it? I wasn't sure what your user profile name is?! Zack knows a fair bit on exhausts I would say and yeah I guess he could fabricate the same system I have on. If you wish to have a look listen to mine before you decide just let me know. The DP can be a bit tricky but Zane can sort it out as he has done work on at least 3 MPS's with regards to DP installations. I find my exhaust gives note, but not annoyingly loud like some Lancers you hear occasionally. Sometimes they can be 1km away and you still hear them! Cop magnet! I've modified all the lights in my car. The only stock lights are the brake, tail and indicators. Car is going in today after work, hopefully pick it up tomorrow with new water pump installed!

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

yeh that was me on the phone.yeh i changed all interior and fog and park lights.have to changed your head lights?i want to go lighter to match the rest? is there H1 white headlights?also have you changed your reverse lights? yeh well it sounded sweet the other day.but mite give you a bell closer to doing it to have final listen. o tru hpw much that set you back? well looking forward to lowering next wk

So you've changed door and roof interior lighting also? I have white interior lights in the front, at the back and in the doors is Blue. Yep, I've changed the headlights too, I have 6000K HID's and Toddy has 8000K HID headlights. They're not H1 though, off memory its a D2S bulb for headlights and a H1 for highbeams. If you got 6000K it will be less yellow and more of a white blue. 8000K is touching on pretty blue but still matches colour-wise. No haven't changed the reverse lights but may look into that in the future. Yeah, sure any time on a weekend I'm usually available and you can have a look, listen, feel. The whole exhaust would have set me back around $2,500 give or take. That is including the Downpipe and installation. (I also had other stuff installed at the same time) Check out my RR link thread below on my sig to read more info on my exhaust, prices, pics if you want.

You lowering on springs or coilovers?

M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

just on springs mate.been looking on ebay and can get hid conversion kits. is that the kind of thing you got? i just want matching white high beams.yeh think thats about what zack quoted us.did you find a good noticable power inprovement with dp n exhausst? yeh i just went white led crazy. had to get auto one to get in more as bought them out.haha.been loooking at painting calipers, but want a lightish blue.but the blue they make is fairly dark and wouldn't go to wwell i don't think. could go silver but the wheels silver and car.might be to much.mite try n find blue and white in tins and mix my own

I just utilised the stock HID's and just replaced the bulb to a 6000K D2S bulb. For the fogs you can get the 68LED's which are about the same colour light (blue-white) And if you wish, grab a set of blue white H1 High beams. I don't think you can get a set of HID's in the high beams as the globes will not fit. You would be better off getting the blue white ones, but to be honest, I have them and they're crap in terms of lighting!

As far as my exhaust I had a TIP, DP and catback installed at once. I granny drove the car about 100kms or so to sort out boost levels and any ECU configurations that needed to be learnt then gave it some. I found that I spool close to 4-500RPM sooner. At high RPM the MPS doesn't want to drop off the cliff, rather its more agressive into the high rev range. The intake was louder and the suction and drawback through the filter was louder and more intense. Power increase is fairly noticeable I would say. Provided you let the car sort itself out. I'm also holding at around 16psi rather than the stock 15psi. But with the DP I've had boost spikes of up to 21psi. I get misfires and backfires and such sometimes but that's due to lack of tune (can't really help that)

Maybe you can purchase calliper paint online and find different colours? Black wouldn't look noticable (same as silver) Blue would look good if you could get it. Get dark rims to make it look even better!

Got my new water pump installed but this weekend I have had problems with my car. Massive noise coming from the pulley's. I'll have to take it back to Zack and see what's going on. Hopefully I don't have to pay for anything as it's either a problem with the pump (warranty) or something wrong with the install or something wrong with my pulley's (which in that case I may have to pay...) Will see when I call Zack what to do. Got my Defi EGT gauge working though. I'm getting nominal values of around 500 degrees. When I hit boost it raises to over 600 degrees.

FYI - Zack mentioned to me on Friday that he was thinking that maybe he should look into designing a DP. Thought you may be interested to know. He likes the CP-E though, just thinks theres gotta be a easier way to install it'rather then dropping the engine via two mounts

M P S

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    FYI - Zack mentioned to me on Friday that he was thinking that maybe he should look into designing a DP. Thought you may be interested to know. He likes the CP-E though, just thinks theres gotta be a easier way to install it'rather then dropping the engine via two mounts
    If i remember correctly the main reason you have to undo engine mounts is to remove the stock down pipe so changing the design of an aftermarker down pipe wouldn't prevent this. could be wrong though

I can display cat temp on my dashhawk. it usually sits around the 600 mark and can go into the 700's when on boost. havent seen 800 yet

Hopefully Zack can fix your pulley problem

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy22587 View Post
    If i remember correctly the main reason you have to undo engine mounts is to remove the stock down pipe so changing the design of an aftermarker down pipe wouldn't prevent this. could be wrong though

I can display cat temp on my dashhawk. it usually sits around the 600 mark and can go into the 700's when on boost. havent seen 800 yet

Hopefully Zack can fix your pulley problem
    Your memory serves you correct and that is indeed the case. But those were Zacks words, I didn't think they were a little odd cause releasing the mounts was for the stock unit...I would assume with all that new found space the CP-E would be a piece of cake to install after?! Nevertheless, if he wants to venture into designing a DP that could open up a few cost effective options for the 6MPS for Perth owners. BTW Toddy got the Defi EGT gauge working and mine is around 500 degrees nominal and on boost goes over 600. Didn't give a good thrashing though cause my car is a part time tractor at the moment, will have to monitor the water pump/associated pulley and see if the noise occurs again. Done some work which may have solved the problem...

Will still call Zack today and possibly send him the video via mms. Which btw...how did the video turn out on your end? Did you hear the noise ok?? It may have compressed the vid when sending or something

M P S

Yeah i could hear the knocking sound in that video. Should email him the vid

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy22587 View Post
    Yeah i could hear the knocking sound in that video. Should email him the vid
    Going there tonight to talk about it, show him the video in Person