User Tag List

Thread: MPS6 Ecutek from MRT

Default MPS6 Ecutek from MRT

I have recently modified my MPS6 and it has the following mods:

Hyperflow TMIC
    CP-e Dump Pipe
    Corksport SRI + TIP
    Turbosmart BOV

I have booked my car in at MRT for an ECUTEK tune but now im having second thoughts so I am looking for some advice to push me one way or the other.

My concerns are:

1. The effect the tune will have on the longevity of my engine
    2. The overall driveability of the Car
    3. The amount of experience MRT have with MZR engine
    and last but not least

Bang for $$$

There is alot of discussion on forums regarding ECUTEK but i have yet to hear from anyone who has actually had it done and what they think of it.

I look forward to hearing as many opinions as possible, whether you have had your car tuned or not.

Cheers,

I'd call MRT. Talk to them, but keep in mind they are trying to get their hands on your money. Perhaps also talk to the guys at Tunehouse, they do dyno tuning as well.

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

also this thread might help: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/elect...utek-tune.html

Thanks,

I have called MRT however i am after unbiased information/opinions.

I also spoke to Tunehouse but they kept trying to sell me a Haltech Interceptor and im not keen on messing around with wiring.

I have read that thread but i dont seem to find any answers to my concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Thanks,

I have called MRT however i am after unbiased information/opinions.

I also spoke to Tunehouse but they kept trying to sell me a Haltech Interceptor and im not keen on messing around with wiring.

I have read that thread but i dont seem to find any answers to my concerns.
    Read the last post in that thread again, and consider doing as it says

Im after an unbiased opinion not sure if doing so would acheive that but ill give it a go.

Im after an unbiased opinion not sure if doing so would acheive that but ill give it a go.
    No worries mate, I understand. But PM'ing a forum member not connected to MRT or ECUTEK in any way other than having had the flash applied is about as unbiased as you're going to see.

I am curious to know if you went through with this. I made an appointment at MRT to do the same thing. Took the car in and after waiting for a couple of hours, I was told that the ECUTEK software wasn't compatible with an 05 6mps (which I notice is what you also have). They had to speak to the UK office to see if they could get a software map for our model. That was 5 months ago. I'm still waiting for a response from MRT.

Give the boys a call at Allstar tuning for a un bias opinion... They look after the MPS race car... They have installed the Haltech in mine and they have been monitoring the progress of the ECUTEK.....

Tell them your from OZMpsClub mention Rino or Reno with the red MPS3...

Allstar Tuning Systems

Go buy MazdaEdit for $250Us and get a Tactrix cable from the USA. Total cost is about $450Au. The software is so easy to use....!!!!!

You can tune your own car, and back up the ECU stock file. That way when you get a service done you can flash the car stock. It's not that hard. If you were all smart about this, you'd all share files.

Grow up. Do it all yourself....!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sassimac View Post
    Go buy MazdaEdit for $250Us and get a Tactrix cable from the USA. Total cost is about $450Au. The software is so easy to use....!!!!!

You can tune your own car, and back up the ECU stock file. That way when you get a service done you can flash the car stock. It's not that hard. If you were all smart about this, you'd all share files.

So Sassimac are you going to pick up the tab for all the people who blow their motors by having a go at tuning themselves, in fact maybe you could start with all the motors your last little tuning endeavor cost this community before you ran away with your tail between your legs.

This is not good advice by any means, any ecu tuning should done by professionals in a controlled environment, its not a backyard job.

Isnt there a rock for you to go crawl under somewhere....
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

So, if you run up the ass of someone and smash the shit out of your car you gonna fix that yourself too? Im sure you could buy the paint and just do that yourself hey?
    Its really not that hard you know. Ha
    Yeah pretty F'd up advice.
    I wish i was like you. Id never have to pay for ANYONE to do ANYTHING. Cause i could just do it myself. haha
    Last edited by Cton; 01-10-2010 at 09:08 PM.

Lol. What about the computer illiterate? What about those who don't know anything about cars and are far from professional tuners.. Home job FTL.

Btw, Tunehouse can do chiptorque xede's too... That's what I would be looking at!
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

I love the advise this guy brings...

especially how well the last 'venture' went...

Anyone have a grain of salt to take this with..

Hyperflow TMIC
    CP-e Dump Pipe
    Corksport SRI + TIP
    Turbosmart BOV

I have booked my car in at MRT for an ECUTEK tune but now im having second thoughts so I am looking for some advice to push me one way or the other.

My concerns are:

and last but not least

Bang for $$$

There is alot of discussion on forums regarding ECUTEK but i have yet to hear from anyone who has actually had it done and what they think of it.

I look forward to hearing as many opinions as possible, whether you have had your car tuned or not.

Cheers,
    Curious here too, giving this a bump.

Leon
    Started out with nothing Still got most of it left

Hyperflow TMIC
    CP-e Dump Pipe
    Corksport SRI + TIP
    Turbosmart BOV

My concerns are:

and last but not least

Bang for $$$

Cheers,
    Speaking purely from what I've observed from the experiences of others, take this with as many grains of salt as you deem necessary:

Your pretty well bolted on your car now, the changes you've made look good / logical. The major restrictions to gas flow in and out of your engine have been removed.

KEY POINT: Depends on what you want from this car!

Options:
    - Make no further hard part mods. And get a tune (my personal opinion is that a "good" tune is safer than running the stock tune with the kind of mods you have)
    - Make no further hard part mods. Stick with stock tune (If you arent experiencing things like fuel cut, this is a perfectly viable option)
    - Keep going with the hard parts (manifolds, turbo, etc.), sticking with the stock tune. (I wouldn't do this!)
    - Keep going with the hard parts (manifolds, turbo, etc.), and get a tune.

At this point, if your engine is running well, you've probably extend the life of the engine. The reduced restrictions literally mean that it takes less effort to give you the same performance, which kinda converts to a longer lasting engine. Depending on the type of tune you go for, as to what happens next.

A conservative tune should enhance any gains you've got already as your setting up your cars computer to understand that changes have been made. Driveability is usually reported to be as good if not better with a larger area under the Torque curve being seen on the dyno graphs.

A hardcore performance tune will net you lots of power but be much harder on your engine and drive train. Driveability would proably still be good.

MRT have done a fair few MZR tunes now, both of the Flash and PiggyBack variety. They also wararnt their services (up to a point obviously, talk to them about it)

Hope that helps, and good luck