User Tag List

Thread: Paris Preview: Mazda debuts new Kodo design language with Shinari Concept

Default Paris Preview: Mazda debuts new Kodo design language with Shinari Concept

Filed under: Concept Cars, Sedan, Paris Motor Show, Mazda

Mazda Shinari Concept - Click above for high-res image gallery

With the departure of Laurens van den Acker to Renault, Mazda's loved or loathed Nagare design language has been dispatched, and in its place is a new designer (Ikuo Maeda) a new theme, a new concept and a new name: Kodo.

Set to debut at the Paris Motor Show later this month, the Shinari concept is our first glimpse at the future of Mazda styling. The four-door design exercise evolves the Nagare theme into a more cohesive and - dare we say - production-ready form, toning down the massive grin currently found on the Mazda3 and other models, while incorporating new aluminum accents that are expected to proliferate through Mazda's future products.

Until the Paris show, these leaked image are all we have to go on, but judging by the hit-or-miss nature of Nagare, we like what we're seeing thus far. And if you're wondering, "Kodo" translates roughly to "soul of motion."

Gallery: Mazda Shinari Concept

[Sources: Autoblog.it, Autoblog.nl]Paris Preview: Mazda debuts new Kodo design language with Shinari Concept originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 30 Aug 2010 10:23:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

Wow they mentioned the unmentionable grin, hehe... But Im loving that front of that new design front, that looks agressive.

The interior looks interesting... Lots of new button and knobs.

I like it . Very sleek looking and that colour is amazing!!!

Looks BMW-ish?

Not bad. I like it. Looks more mature than the previous concepts.

I love it!

The debate on RX8club as to whether its the new RX-9 or not is furious

Was thinking more Mazda6 myself. Looks to sedan / family car to be an RX... MPS6 Maybe! Bonnets big enough to fit much for than a 4 cylinder too