User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another new Melbourne MPS owner

Default Another new Melbourne MPS owner

Hi my name is Alex and I am a Dandenong, Victoria resident of 33 years. I have acquired my new MPS3 08 as of last month and am looking to introduce myself within the club and begin the modification process. Previous cars have been Holden commodore VN 4.2 stroker, Nissan Skyline GTR R33, Holden VZ SS 512hp, Audi A4 B7 06, HK Holden Premier 600hp 407 stroker (currently for sale, 9 sec car) and my 08 MPS 3. Living in one of the 'HOON' capitals of Australia, keeping my license with these vehicles has not been an easy feat! I grew up with drag racing on the streets of Dandenong along the princes highway and westall rd intersections and have sent my license in to vicroads 5 times since! Since children came along I have learnt to appreciate life more and not participate in illegal street racing anymore and now keep all my adrenalin needs on purpose built tracks around vic.

As for my MPS, I am looking to meet other local MPS owners and exchange ideas and compare mods for future references and hope to participate in meets and greets/cruises. Looking at importing some goodies to get me started from streetunit.com in the states and currently searching for good tuners for these cars in Melbourne.

Thanks for reading and look forward to talking with you all. Alex
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mps1.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	5332   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mps2.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	5333  

welcome

Welcome Alex, you have some great guys down your way, looks like you got the sports pack as well going by the Bose speakers

HI and welcome..

lol, at least you'll be better equipped to deal with the MPS than i was maybe... *cough cough*
    nice history of cars you got there
    to the forums and hope you enjoy your stay!

and rino, he must have the sports pack, leather seats
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

I hope there are some of us here in melb. Still havent seen any MPS on the roads here for some reason? Obviously more rare than the common Dandenong VN or Chev badged V6 Buick commodore hehe. Sports pack vehicles should not come with speakers personally!! Rather a sports exhaust, chip, filter, anything else to do with sports dont you think hehe?
    ps- hope i dont offend any new generation MPS owners but before i bought this one, i drove the 2010 model MPS and found that it wasnt as 'aggressive' as the previous models. Too refined for my liking, hence I chose the 08 model, knowing that after my own suspension/brake and performance upgrades, will have a far better car than the newer model, by utilising that cash difference.

Make sure you check out the forum in depth before commiting yourself to any mods.

Congrats on the choice of the Gen 1.

I can't wait to hear all about the drag stories to come in the future. I've set a reasonable benchmark for you to achieve

Enjoy the forum.

Thanks 2XS, I hear you have bits and peices for sale. Interested to see what you got. Whats the record time? I will have this car ready within a month, setting new records hehe. Sold the vz ss and pouring the cash into mods so cant wait.

The record currently sits at 12.3 @ 111mph as of Saturday night. Good luck.

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/track...ile-times.html

slicks or radials? another question, what is the widest radial to fit on the standard rims? 235's?

Welcome.
    Although an MPS is a rare sight in Vic there are a few of us and the number is growing. Check out the cruises section and you'll see a few cruises we've had in Victoria. It'll be good to follow your mod progress.

ahh just saw u had slicks. cool. Im suprised that there are some cars there claiming only mods are exhaust, tune and fmic and cracking 12's.

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Thanks Maginty, would love to have new Melb cruise organised or even a meet at Calder park some time in the near future. cheers

Quote Originally Posted by premhk View Post
    slicks or radials? another question, what is the widest radial to fit on the standard rims? 235's?
    Used Porsche Circuit slicks.

You can fit 225 tyres sensibly. 235 will fit. Get wider rims for the std tyres, a bigger improvement than fitting wider tyres the the std rims.

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/handl...de-wheels.html
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/handl...coilovers.html

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

ahh just saw u had slicks. cool. Im suprised that there are some cars there claiming only mods are exhaust, tune and fmic and cracking 12's.
    Exhaust with DP, FMIC, SRI and tune is possible. I got 13.06 with that setup (only 206kw at the wheels)
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

welcome mate

Wow these engines are really impressive then. HPF doing a Mazedit soon plus exhaust and CAI. I should be seeing those times quicker than i thought then. Any melb folk want to come to calder park soon?

Hey Alex. I might be up for a Calder run again once I do my FMIC, intake and re-tune. At that time, I should have an '06 G1 in my convoy...

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Used Porsche Circuit slicks.

You can fit 225 tyres sensibly. 235 will fit. Get wider rims for the std tyres, a bigger improvement than fitting wider tyres the the std rims.

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/handl...de-wheels.html
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/handl...coilovers.html

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Exhaust with DP, FMIC, SRI and tune is possible. I got 13.06 with that setup (only 206kw at the wheels)
    whiteminx got a 12.9 with a stock turbo
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/track...mph-yewww.html
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...-blue-mps.html
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

12.9 with stock turbo and internals! thats good. Maybe we should have a stock internal/turbo record list too? 12.9 would have to be the best so far. Anyone know where I can buy a Front mount kit in Melbourne? Grajy, what is an 06 G1?

12.9 with stock turbo and internals! thats good. Maybe we should have a stock internal/turbo record list too? 12.9 would have to be the best so far. Anyone know where I can buy a Front mount kit in Melbourne? Grajy, what is an 06 G1?
    2006 1st Generation... Gen 2 started late '09...
    I do believe that Troy's (2XS) bullet is also stock internals...
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

Welcome mate, enjoy the forums and your MPS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast