User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another new Melbourne MPS owner

welcome alex

i could be interested in calder too

guys i would like to organise a calder or heathcote meet. i will create a poll (if i can) in the correct section of the forums. I am thinking around October or early Novenber. cheers.

Welcome,

This thread might help in the planning, if you have not seen it?

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/club-...g-bbq-day.html

That thread is closed? So where do we add our interest then ?? I would love to get this thing going, seems to be quite a few interested in a meet/cruise.

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

ps- need 17 inch rims to suit my 08 mps, anyone know what suites? and where to buy?

[QUOTE=premhk;128464]That thread is closed? So where do we add our interest then ?? I would love to get this thing going, seems to be quite a few interested in a meet/cruise.[COLOR="Silver"]

Sorry did not realise it was closed.

You might want to PM Grajy to see why and he can re open it if needed.

6. Default

why 17"

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    why 17"
    Same Question.
    Also, I have reopened the thread.

Smile Mps rehab for turbo junkies u can checkout but u can never leave!!!!

To OZMPSClub the message is up there enjoy .

Col
    THE COLON FILES
    Coming soon

you need to ask 2xs why 17's! They are for drag racing only. Although the track cars use 17's too. 17's are more ideal as there are a better choice of slick tyres for them than 18's.

Quote Originally Posted by premhk View Post
    you need to ask 2xs why 17's! They are for drag racing only. Although the track cars use 17's too. 17's are more ideal as there are a better choice of slick tyres for them than 18's.
    They will be running 18" with the Gen 2 because of the wider rim as std , need to be close to production as possible
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Yeah, the grand prix mps runs 17's. I dont own the new mps. Was going to put 15's on the front so i could stick some real slicks under it but because of the size of the brakes i cant run 15's, so 17's are a better choice, as 16 are near unavailable for slick tyre choices.

Yeah, the grand prix mps runs 17's. I dont own the new mps. Was going to put 15's on the front so i could stick some real slicks under it but because of the size of the brakes i cant run 15's, so 17's are a better choice, as 16 are near unavailable for slick tyre choices.
    Yeh 17" currently that's why I will be using their 17" rims and oldish tyres for the mean time for track use.
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

anyone know if i will notice a difference in power by removing the larger rear muffler and installing a straight through sports muffler?

anyone know if i will notice a difference in power by removing the larger rear muffler and installing a straight through sports muffler?
    There's a thread here somewhere about the results after a member did it. Said it made a horrible drone, and no evident power increase.
    Here...

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/intak...r-muffler.html
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

well i replaced my rear chamber muffler today with a stainless steel muffler straight through and it sounds better and goes a fraction better. Lots more power in third gear. Not much difference in sound. Still very quiet. People who put a straight through pipe in place of that muffler will have droning problems. Very happy with the upgrade.

well i replaced my rear chamber muffler today with a stainless steel muffler straight through and it sounds better and goes a fraction better. Lots more power in third gear. Not much difference in sound. Still very quiet. People who put a straight through pipe in place of that muffler will have droning problems. Very happy with the upgrade.
    Nice work. You should post your thoughts on that thread I sent you.
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

i have posted it already hehe, a good exhaust shop owner will tell you that replacing a muffler that size with a pipe will only cause drone, as mine did. Depends where you go I suppose.

Hey there Alex...

I'm also new to the forums and noticed you're in Dandenong, I'm literally down the road from you in Berwick!!!

Should catch up some time and have a chat...

Alex (hahah nother one!)

sounds cool alex, i left you a pm with details. I just gutted my catalyctic converter and put a straight through pipe, sounds awesome and goes better. (SSSHHHHHHH OK)

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    Used Porsche Circuit slicks.

You can fit 225 tyres sensibly. 235 will fit. Get wider rims for the std tyres, a bigger improvement than fitting wider tyres the the std rims.

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/handl...de-wheels.html
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/handl...coilovers.html

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Exhaust with DP, FMIC, SRI and tune is possible. I got 13.06 with that setup (only 206kw at the wheels)
    206kw?? I been told I will only get around 177ish kw with same mods minus the fmic. Dont u have aftermarket manifold too? and injectors?

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

PS- Wed 20th Oct Im going in for a mazedit tune at HPF. Will ask for 17psi as i hear its the best psi for these cars with standard turbo. What is the standard turbo? Is it like a T3?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12