User Tag List

Thread: New Member seeking MPS!

Default New Member seeking MPS!

Hey guys,

Just joined as a new member to OzMPSclub, in the process of finding a 2005-07 MPS. Having trouble deciding between a 3 or a 6. Originally was looking into the MPS6 just for AWD traction and classy look / more spacious vehicle. Currently getting impatient with waiting for the right vehicle that has been well cared for with low km for the right money.

My current car is my first car which is a 89 Honda CRX which has undertaken quite a few modifications. 13.5 1/4 Pass on average with a pb of 13.2 was a good effort for a Naturally aspirated 1.6L fwd. Was moved to get a MPS as they are becoming a rarity on the road, with beautiful interiors, great performance potential and a stunning car on the road. The idea of getting another fwd wasn't too appetising so pushed more towards the MPS6 for the time being. Hopefully within a month or two I'll have a MPS! Will pst you when it happens.

Cheers for the support on the site with modifications, specs, and overall knowledge of the vehicles has been a huge help, thanx guys!

Brad

2. Default

Theres a good white MPS6 for sale at a car yard in ACT, its a pov pack one and looks in pretty good condition ... are you after any particular colour?

Welcome BTW

Thank you Blackbetty for your swift reply!

I'm trying to hopefully find a MPS6 in QLD within 200km of central Gold Coast, with under 80,000kms. Colour wise I'm stuck on the Metallic Silver. My favourite is the White sadly, there hasn't been any white one's for sale in QLD since I've been looking (past month).

4. Default

My bf has just brought an RX8 from Brisbane getting it sent by truck down here to ACT, the transport costs about $950 door to door. Just letting you know so you may broaden your area where you are searching if the right one does come along outside of QLD

Its also a good drive from ACT to Gold Coast

Very low mileage MPS6 on ebay in mint condition, luxury pack
    Used car Mazda 6 MPS AWD 2.3L turbo 6-speed manual - eBay, Passenger Vehicles, Cars, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 10-Sep-10 19:53:06 AEST)
    Quote Originally Posted by IN10SE View Post
    Thank you Blackbetty for your swift reply!

I'm trying to hopefully find a MPS6 in QLD within 200km of central Gold Coast, with under 80,000kms. Colour wise I'm stuck on the Metallic Silver. My favourite is the White sadly, there hasn't been any white one's for sale in QLD since I've been looking (past month).

I saw this one on the side of the road in Algester about 3-4 weeks ago. Silver 6 MPS. I think it was around 25-27k

It may still be for sale, it even had personalised "MPS" for number plates. (the $2k ones)

I took the photo because I thought about ringing to buy just the number plates.

Hey mate and welcome to ozMPSclub!

Post up some pics of your CRX, would love to see it! As some of the above 6 owners have commented, myself am probably biased to the 6 having own one. Really the choice is up to you. The MPS 6 was my first non-fwd vehicle (apart from bikes) that I've owed. I grew tired of taking corners fast, yet still heading straight through them loosing traction.

The MPS6 offers (IMO) a more classy feel being the bigger car and sedan appeal. The AWD is great in the 6 making it one of the main reasons I got it. Switch off traction and you can still get the back end out, yet control it as it snaps back in whilst you rip through any curve. Leave traction control on and your laughing through every bend. The MPS6 caters for any mood you may be in. It's almost like the DSC button should have been renamed "PLAY?"

There's plenty of mods, both bolt on and retuning to enhance the power delivery and beef up the torque (same as the 3) A few cosmetic mods can easily make the 6 much more aggressive, IMO something the 3 may struggle with, is to look as aggressive as the 6.

Have a good browse of member rides and see what you like. Most definitely there are some tasteful mods on the 3 and the 6. I could see why you could potentially swing either way as they're both great cars. If you wish to see a bit of info, mods pics, you're welcome to have a look at my RR thread (see link in my sig). There you will find a work-in-progress thread of some of the mods I have carried out.

Maybe some more 3 owners can post about their rides. At the end of the day, you would be happy with either! Good luck in your decision!

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

I would suggest broadening your search to interstate as well. keeping it on the east coast will help keep costs down. there isnt not much issues buying it from interstate as long as you prepare properly. I got my mps3 from syd and drove it back to bris. good opportunity for a road trip, best if you take a friend

good luck with your search