User Tag List

Thread: So i removed the stock chamber muffler ...

Default So i removed the stock chamber muffler ...

Ever since owning the car, i've always thought that the exhaust note on the MPS was to tame.. and a tad on the quite side..Soo i thought.. "hey its got 2 resonators + 1 big chamber muffler.. Why not remove one"..

So remove one i did....the big chamber muffler...

And the car sounds......................................GOOD.. on the OUTSIDE

BUT!!

DRONES LIKE NO TOMMORROW ON THE INSIDE. NO GOOD!

The point of this thread is deter people from doing what i did. The car sounds cheap now, not like a 2.3L turbo 40k car should sound like...Strongly advise against this "mod". Many people on youtube in the states have removed their mufflers/resonators. In the video clips.. they sound GREAT.. but in real life.. especially inside.. sound like crap!

I'll be having a new muffler fitted next week. Cant wait.

bit off topic, but can say if the muffler you removed is offset, i.e. not straight through? if any of the mufflers are offset, I will eventually change it to a straight through, but keep it a muffler

after the 2nd cat, on my car it goes resonator, big muffler (before rear axel), small muffler (after the rear axel). it doesn't have 2 resonators for mine.

this pic shows with 2 resonators, but you get the idea. let us know what muffler you end up getting and how it sounds

My car is exactly the same as yours.. " resonator, big muffler (before rear axel), small muffler (after the rear axel)." I just choose to call the last one a resonator too because its soo small =)..

I removed the big muffler, and it is offset. I had a peek through the stock one, and its definitely not straight through.

cheers for that

my car is stock but had one of the resinators removed by the previous owners... it sounds really nice. it only drones a bit wen deccelerating through gears. I love it!

replace stock chambered muffler with magnaflow straight through.. no droning.. just sound better and goes better too

I just replaced my larger rear chamber muffler with a straight through stainless steel muffler and it sounds better and goes better.