User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tune your MPS car yourself: Software is available

Is this anything like the Mazedit tuning system??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by turbofied View Post
    This software isn't a generic flash tune!

Same basis as ecu flash, romraider. Which means you should be able to get very precise tunes out of it.
    But also means people will be tempted to try and push it further...which is just asking for problems
    Not Gone...just "busy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino
    It's not blue screen of death Kent, it's Auora Blue screen of death

Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post
    But also means people will be tempted to try and push it further...which is just asking for problems
    That is exactly what I would do

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post
    That being true but thats why you get a responsible tuner? or maybe some self control.

I would take a tune for specific mods and engine age over a generic tune any day!

Keep in mind if no one ever pushed the boundaries you wouldn't have any new products or services!

Self control?? We drive MPSs for heaven's sake! If we had self control we'd be driving Smart Cars.

Heheheh

6. Default

Haha true, Might stick to the tuner option then!

That being true but thats why you get a responsible tuner? or maybe some self control.

I would take a tune for specific mods and engine age over a generic tune any day!

Keep in mind if no one ever pushed the boundaries you wouldn't have any new products or services!
    True, though id rather a canned tune by someone who knows what they are doing over a custom tune made by me, or someone who is not a professional.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

8. Default

Yeah definitely a smart move!

Thats what i am trying to organise.

Software, hardware and professional tuner is all sorted. Just need some more interest.

Blog Entries

We also wouldn't have holes in engine blocks but yes I know what your saying.
    Not Gone...just "busy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Road Laino
    It's not blue screen of death Kent, it's Auora Blue screen of death

10. Default

I have to say there is some very narrow mindedness in this thread.

You do not have to tune it yourself. Cobb's Accessport allows you to tune your car yourself. It also offers "generic" tunes for cars. Yet everyone wants one of them.

I have had many conversations with my tuner about using this. He is more than willing to use it. He thinks it is a great option. He can see no issue with using it on my car. I will not be using at as he pointed out there is no support for this product if something goes wrong.

A professional tuner can tune your car. $300 AUD for a complete tuning solution plus dyno time. $700 is a lot better than $2000 and it is a flash like Chiptorque. Plus you have the ability to save the original Mazda tune and return your car to that tune yourself. After the car is serviced by Mazda you can put your tune back on...

Go to any STI or EVO website and they will all be talking about the Tactrix cable.

I"m keen for something I can flash the ecu with. Not from a tuning perspective, I only want a pro to do that. But at the moment only to be able to remove the japanese factory 180km speedcut. If I go to a local track soon, I am guaranteed to bounce off the cut half way down the back straight. Not keen for that.

Currently our Tuning Group of Enthusiasts are redoing the map definitions with more explanation and tips. This will make it easier in the long run.

If you want any info, contact me offline.

Quote Originally Posted by darkness View Post
    I"m keen for something I can flash the ecu with. Not from a tuning perspective, I only want a pro to do that. But at the moment only to be able to remove the japanese factory 180km speedcut. If I go to a local track soon, I am guaranteed to bounce off the cut half way down the back straight. Not keen for that.
    The Hypertech allows you to adjust your top speed and rev limiter, as well as removing the restrictions in the lower gears.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

I'm interested.. where can one find out more?

Our small group has almost finished with the CX7. The car runs really smooth, and has plenty of power on tap. The limiters have been raised, and fuel economy is about 8-10% better than stock. And, no fuel cuts.

I am happy to help anyone with a file for their car.

Crusher_13: Shame people still think DynoShops are going to actually spend much time on a "custom tune." They will use a tune they have developed and give you a couple of charts. And yes, you are right. The software allows you to restore to stock whenever you want. It's a simple two minute process.

Anyone with self-control and our new definitions can do it themselves easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusher_13 View Post
    I have to say there is some very narrow mindedness in this thread.

You do not have to tune it yourself. Cobb's Accessport allows you to tune your car yourself. It also offers "generic" tunes for cars. Yet everyone wants one of them.

I have had many conversations with my tuner about using this. He is more than willing to use it. He thinks it is a great option. He can see no issue with using it on my car. I will not be using at as he pointed out there is no support for this product if something goes wrong.

A professional tuner can tune your car. $300 AUD for a complete tuning solution plus dyno time. $700 is a lot better than $2000 and it is a flash like Chiptorque. Plus you have the ability to save the original Mazda tune and return your car to that tune yourself. After the car is serviced by Mazda you can put your tune back on...

Go to any STI or EVO website and they will all be talking about the Tactrix cable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12