User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tune your MPS car yourself: Software is available

Default Tune your MPS car yourself: Software is available

In case anyone is interested.....

Software and hardware is now available that allows you to flash tune your own car. It works just fine, and lists most of the MAP tables for the car. It also includes a dynamite data logger that allows you overlay a log file over a MAP table you are working on.

The software cost is $250US for a Personal license which locks the application and cable to your laptop and ECU. Click here for details.

The cable is a Tactrix OpenPort 2.0, and can be purchased directly from Tactrix for $169US plus postage. Click here for details.

The software will read and write happily. It corrects the checksums on file save. It can also recover should a write fail. All in all it is a very cheap option for tuning your car. Given enough people, you can build a database of files and results.

You have control over nearly all parameters.

Enjoy.........

Impressive Sassimac.

Apparently there are already tuners using this software to, so Ive just found out.

Might have to look into a personal version when they get it up and running for the gen 2 mps.

Tuning shops will possibly be using this software. And I would be asking questions of them about what they are using....!!!!

Anyway.....

1: Does it read? Yes.
    2: Does it write? Yes.
    3: Can you alter MAP Table? Yes. Checksums are corrected for you.
    4: If the write fails, can I recover? Yes.
    5: Can I screw with the throttle. Yes.

You will be staggered to see what is in that 1meg file...!!!!

Enjoy, be safe, and happy tuning.
    Last edited by Sassimac; 28-08-2010 at 10:15 AM.

Blog Entries

J2534 is the professional communications protocol, yes?
    Completely different and vastly superior to the serial interfaces we use to read, yes?
    (Of course it is, it can write!)
    That strikes me as a fantastic price for a J2354 interface.

Us in the EVO/WRX community have been using openECU/ECUflash for ages (this is free software), this uses the tactrix cable with either openport 2 or the older openport 1.3
    One of the reasons i got out of my MPS3 early last year was the lack of decent ECU tuning (piggyback units are band aid solutions in my opinion)

ecuEDIT looks pretty much the same as openECU
    Last edited by BlueMPS3; 29-08-2010 at 12:17 AM.

I apologise if it's a stupid question. Why shall we fork out $$$ when we can pay Mazda dealrer $44.00 per pop to upgrade the software?

Quote Originally Posted by Los Palmas7 View Post
    I apologise if it's a stupid question. Why shall we fork out $$$ when we can pay Mazda dealrer $44.00 per pop to upgrade the software?
    Its not the software upgrade as per a Mazda service , its a performance (flash tune) upgrade.
    Two totally different things.

Ok,

Be patient with me on this

After the software and required hardware is purchased can anybody get a copy of a FLASHED ECU from another moded MPS3 & replicate the MAP ???

I really don't know a whole lot about this but am doing the research & willing to give it a go...........

Any help would be appreciated.......

yes I dare say this would be possible.. however im not sure if you reall want to go down that road.. unless we are only talking about the exact same very basic modle like the same SRI or exhaust..

is it possible.. i dare say so.. so long as they have not locked the tune with a password (some tuners do this)
    would I reccomend it.. mmm no
    Doc

Shame no one is interested......
    Last edited by Sassimac; 05-10-2010 at 04:26 PM.

Lots of interest but there is proven flash tunes atm. We just need a some one to try it really to prove this works...

Your asking people who arn't tuners, to tune.

Thats a bit risky isnt it?

14. Default

Who Would like to get this moving?

I have the tactrix 2.0, access to a dyno and tuner in Wollongong.

All I need is a person with a software licence who would like a tune, or 2-3 people interested in a tune and i will supply the software.

id be interested in this if i knew how to tune - maybe next year as I'm running a standback at the moment, so at first id just open throttle more and remove limits from 1st/2nd.

Also this is being used in VIC for a few of the guys (obviously the PRO version rather than Personal)

Blog Entries

Sounds like Passani (SP?) flash tune all over again...and we all know how they went

Quote Originally Posted by tricache View Post
    Sounds like Passani (SP?) flash tune all over again...and we all know how they went
    Thats what scares me....my arse makes better tunes than piasini
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

18. Default

This software isn't a generic flash tune!

Same basis as ecu flash, romraider. Which means you should be able to get very precise tunes out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by turbofied View Post
    This software isn't a generic flash tune!

Same basis as ecu flash, romraider. Which means you should be able to get very precise tunes out of it.
    Hi Tim!

20. Default

Sup Man, trying to rattle some cages!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast