User Tag List

Thread: Turbo Seal >.<

Default Turbo Seal >.<

So after all the dramas with DP installation.. haha new issue has shown its head...
    Smoke at idle... Most definitely Turbo seal....

First thing I did was go to Mazda... To find my warranty expired end of July....

Mazda appears to be doing the right thing and has said they are going to put through a prior request... and see how it goes... can only cross my fingers and hope.... all goes through under warranty...

Geez, nothings going your way mate!

I really hope some luck swings your way with Mazda.

Epic bad luck mate.

IFf mazda aren't playing ball and replacing your turbo under warranty, you might consider one of these:

BNR Supercars - Bryan Nickell&#039;s Rotary Supercars - Mazdaspeed3/Mazdaspeed6/CX7

They are in the US so you'll need to factor in exchange rates and shipping, but by all reports these are a great upgrade to our cars!

Same thing happened to me a few months after I got mine, so I feel your pain.
    Though my Mazda wasn't even going to consider putting mine under warranty, so nice work on getting them to offer that!

Is there anyway to tell if your turbo is on the way out? I only ask cause my warranty is up in about a month or so

Put a DP on and let it idle for 30 mins :P

Zed,

What path did you take, BNR?? and what were the costs involved... just preping myself for the worst....

Aftermarket GT2860R internals fitted into the stock turbo housing (because of the odd shaped flanges) - stupidly got it installed through Mazda though so it was riddiculously expensive and took far too long to install *cough* $4k *cough*

If you were to replace your tubo though, I would suggest getting something bigger.. Im not a mechanical person at all but the 2876 or the k04 mentioned above seem to be good upgrades. But def do your research first.

The mazda guys also offered (after I asked them) a refurb/rebuild for alot cheaper.

GOOD NEWS ~!!!.... its time... to... party.... Woot~! Under WARRANTY~!!! so much relieved now~!!

Congrats mate...u should buy a lotto ticket!

Yeah for sure... Nice work

Great to hear, well done to you & to Mazda for being fairdinkum !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats awesome, well done.
    Thats a big $$$$ saving for you.

Thanks guys....~! TGIF haha.. makes the money spent on the exhaust worthit... haha
    Have a good weekend all

lucky you for warranty job! could you elaborate the details of your car, mods, km, year?

I've got a 08 model and deciding if I should get a dump soon so I can run the car with it while its still under warranty lol

Lup15 my car is July 07 lol its done quite a few kms 94,000 km... ( allot of work use)
    has SRI and TIP installed at about 50,000km and recently installed Best mufflers DP.

I do believe from what I have read turbo seal tend to go at 100,000kms but.. the recently installed DPer hastend the inevitable. Probably a good thing to some extent. would have been to far out of warranty to calim it.

so if your're seals are gone its time for a new turbo?THnaks

^ yep

My car has 150K kms...and no turbo seal problems here...

I must be doing something wrong

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    My car has 150K kms...and no turbo seal problems here...

I must be doing something wrong

Happy Motoring
    duglet
    You're supposed to be using the big peddal on the right!