User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Optimum Opti-Coat

Hi Gregar

Regarding the discounts on the Opti-Coat, ZAS is just the supplier of the product to the dealer. We don't currently offer the actual service.

Application time will vary depending on how much prep work is required. For a brand new car with flawless panels you can be in and out in half a day. If machine polishing is required you would expect to lose the car for at least a whole day, possibly even have to leave it overnight if there is a lot of work to be done. Opti-Coat is touch dry after 30 minutes and fully cured in 12 hours. No water during this time, so that is another thing to consider if its raining. You would keep your car at the dealer until it is cured before taking it out.

We are just in the process of finalising a warranty for the Opti-Coat. Everything will be complete and up and running within a couple of weeks. Like all other paint protection plans, you should contact your insurance people and have "paint protection" put on your cover. If you have an accident and it needs to be reapplied, the cost is covered with your insurance claim.

On that topic too, Opti-Coat does not cause any repainting issues due to the prep work that is involved beforehand. I had all this info somewhere on what the painters do beforehand and why Opti-Coat wont cause any issues but can't seem to find it.

I just got a reply back from Kim and guys this Opti-Coat is super cheap - To do the car it's only $300 (car only, no warranty) sure beats the $850 quoted from the dealership to get paint protection done, so just waiting for Joel to work out the warranty details and I will get a requote done. It looks like something I am going to get as well I'm also going to get him to do my tinting for the car so has given me a nice package price for the lot.. Now I just have to wait for the car...

Hi Guys

The Opti-Coat is in full swing now. The current dealers have received all the warranty documentation and we have a handful of other professional detailers looking at offering the service.

For the optional warranty, it is a lifetime guarantee for new cars treated with Opti-Coat within 12 months of first registration date, and 5 years for used vehicles (ie older than 12 months).

The warranty does require you to have the coating serviced once a year, which will probably annoy some people but we have the clients best interests in mind. Below are some scenarios that you can benefit from with our maintenance program:

Scenario 1 - You often don't have the time to hand wash your car properly and use DIY car washes or tunnel washes

Result: The harsh chemicals used at these types of places will not strip the Opti-Coat unlike other "paint protection" sealants so you don't have to worry about that. But if you drive off and let the panels air dry, eventually you will develop watermarks that will etch into the coating. The advantage of the maintenance program is that you can have the damaged Optimum coating removed at your yearly service and reapplied. The labour involved to remove the coating is not included in your service fee, however the reapplication of the Opti-Coat is.

The end result is the factory paint was protected from the watermarks by the Opti-Coat. The Opti-Coat was damaged but then reapplied and your car still looks awesome and well protected again.

Scenario 2: You don't have the time to hand wash your car correctly so you take it to the cheap hand wash places and have a coffee while they detail your car.

Result: Swirl marks. Everyone has seen this at some stage. Dirty sponges or chamois have scratched and swirled the Opti-Coat. The advantage of the maintenance program is that again you can have the damaged coating removed and then reapplied at your yearly service. Again your car looks awesome again and well protected.

There are a million different scenarios, but I hope I have explained it well and you agree that there is a method to our madness

Had this applied to my VW today by Mark from Freedom Car Care in Perth, outstanding work and the product looks fantastic! Thanks Joel for the heads up on this

Love that car mate. Looks awesome

Hi All

That seems really reasonable. I got in contact with Eurogloss Prestige here in Melbourne (the only provider of Opti-Coat here in Melbourne) and was a bit surprised as to the cost for the Opti-Coat. Was quoted 4 figures, although this did cover wheels, mouldings and paint (for a new vehicle).

Do people think this is reasonable ?... The detailer does do exotic cars etc, but I am keen to try it, but for that kind of price I am a bit hesitant....

Any thoughts ? I personally was expecting around maybe $600 ish.

I am going to pop by the detailers workshop at some stage and actually have a chat with him and see where we can go from there...

Cheers
    Hobi
    Weeeeeeee....

Hi Hobi. My only other suggestion is ask Eurogloss if they will do paint only or something like that to bring the price down.

so with this product will the paint always look shiny when washed?as in fading wont occur and water beading should always happen?

What products/wax do you recommend to keep the deep glossy new looking shine?

Thanks

Sorry mate, I thought I already replied to this, but obviously not...

It will not fade, and it will always bead water. The only product you will need if you want is Optimum Gloss Enhancer spray.

Quote Originally Posted by ZAS View Post
    It will not fade, and it will always bead water. The only product you will need if you want is Optimum Gloss Enhancer spray.
    Which you get given free with your Opti-Coat, well the first bottle anyway..

Opti-coat is holding up well...

Used a bit of this as well

Mate be careful with that Hyper Polish if you are using it on the Opti-Coat! It is a bit more abrasive than what I would recommend using on the coating. It might not have gone through this time, but it may have thinned it out and next time you might break through to the factory paint.

This was what Kim recommended I buy at the sane time. I bought the detailer and wash as well. I though it was all part of the maintenance plan. It's the second time I've used it. Should I worry? I don't think I'm too happy now Grrrrr.

Have you only used it by hand? If so, then you don't have too much to worry about but don't use it again. If you are going to polish the Opti-Coat the product you should use from the range is called Poli-Seal. This contains only very light abrasives and won't hurt it.

Another product you can use is Prima Amigo. This is my personal choice of product that I use on mine.

Have a chat with Kim and find out why he was recommending that and tell him I told you otherwise.

Yeah, only by hand. I'll give him a call.

Quote Originally Posted by ZAS View Post
    Another product you can use is Prima Amigo. This is my personal choice of product that I use on mine.
    Love Amigo

Sent from my iPhone by LeeTapatalk =P
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    That's it mate. Glazes don't get any better IMO!

Amigo is great stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Caffeine Fiend; 24-05-2011 at 06:24 PM.

Kim gave me a bottle of Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss enhancer - Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer 504ml

Said to use it once a month... Is that the correct stuff to use ?

Also got the Optimum Car Wash 946ml which I use on my car each week when I wash it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast