User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Optimum Opti-Coat

SP23HO - If the scratches can be removed with a quick machine polish, then this is no problem. You can just get the person applying the Opti-Coat to remove them before hand. We recommend you get a good machine polish beforehand anyway if your car isn't new (and also if it is new and got slaughtered pre-sale). There's no point laying down a layer of Optimum clear over factory clear that is damaged!

Yeldarb - I'm looking forward to seeing the pics and I hope it lives up to your expectations. I had plans to do my MPS over this weekend but those plans have now been ruined.

Sounds good Brad. Looking forward to seeing pics.

Still haven't applied my Paint protection kit yet...... wondering if I should eschew it for this......

Quote Originally Posted by ZAS View Post
    SP23HO - If the scratches can be removed with a quick machine polish, then this is no problem. You can just get the person applying the Opti-Coat to remove them before hand. We recommend you get a good machine polish beforehand anyway if your car isn't new (and also if it is new and got slaughtered pre-sale). There's no point laying down a layer of Optimum clear over factory clear that is damaged!
    I've already had a stage 1 done after dealer delivery. But i might need another before applying this.

However the paint actually chipped rather then scratched

Needs to be touched up rather then machined away unfortunately. Respray is too much $$$...

i hate rocks!

This is what's coming over Brisbane now, so no chance of any proper pics. Will certainly test the beading of water though.

Geeze. I heard you guys were getting some bad weather up there. I do like water beading though for some strange reason

So here are some pics of some detailing on the weekend. Like anyone who's wanted to share such photos, they're never as good as in the flesh, so here goes...

Water Beading (for those beading fantatics)

Wiped down with microfibre cloth

Slightly lower angle.

Threatening to ruin my afternoon.

Camera focused on car

Camera focused on reflection

This is the last part that I had to wipe down. Most of the water went by itself and no staining...

So there you go. Not sure if that really helped anyone or came across as intended. But the car will be alot easier to keep clean and so much eaier to dry. Instead of a cloth, I might go get a leaf blower to air dry the car...

I haven't yet tryed the Enhancer or Wax yet. That's next weekend.

Thanks Joel and Kim. Very happy.

Awesome pics Brad, looks like you and Postman Dan are up for Shine comp!!!! Looking forward to seeing the shine at the QMF cruise. Seriously will be considering getting in touch with these guys after getting a few stone chips repaired after the last Toowoomba cruise as looks great. The beading shots you took, were these just after a hose down or the recent rain? Have you tested spraying off brake dust residue yet?

Thanks for sharing mate. And a blower is an excellent idea. Will really help keep things in good shape

Quote Originally Posted by steinez View Post
    Awesome pics Brad, looks like you and Postman Dan are up for Shine comp!!!! Looking forward to seeing the shine at the QMF cruise. Seriously will be considering getting in touch with these guys after getting a few stone chips repaired after the last Toowoomba cruise as looks great. The beading shots you took, were these just after a hose down or the recent rain? Have you tested spraying off brake dust residue yet?
    The beading photos taken after a wash.

Sadly I haven't replaced my wheel nuts yet so I'm still riding on my stocky's.

I was quite surprised how easily it dried so figured a blower would work well.

Thanks for the comments guys.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Looks awesome Brad!

Dan

My wife took the MPS to work this morning. The boss thought she'd bought a new car. So it must be working

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    The beading photos taken after a wash.

Sadly I haven't replaced my wheel nuts yet so I'm still riding on my stocky's.

I was quite surprised how easily it dried so figured a blower would work well.

Thanks for the comments guys.

neighbours will love you

Quote Originally Posted by MISSMPS View Post
    neighbours will love you
    make sure you do it at 6am every morning to get the overnight dew off your car
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

14. Default

Gday guys. I applied the opti-coat last weekend (at least I think I did, Joel can confirm if it's the product I used).

Came up nice and shiney, happy with the results. Keeping in mind that the polishing + application etc was done by a bum such as myself when it comes to car care .

No pics though lol. Not much of a photographer, got a few blurry shots of it with poor lighting on my iPhone in the garage is all. Will have to take my word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MISSMPS View Post
    neighbours will love you
    The wife thinks I'm weird!
    Redbull is DEAD!!

I feel your pain dude

You are weird.....but so am i because i used to own a blower only for drying my car, and the neighbours complained i told them to get over it, they wake me up with their screaming kids and stupid barking dogs and their midnight domestics, i think im intitled to making some noise.......But i guess the world was against me and my little blowie friend decided he didnt want to be a car dryer anymore and he committed huri kuri

Quote Originally Posted by tonks39 View Post
    Gday guys. I applied the opti-coat last weekend (at least I think I did, Joel can confirm if it's the product I used).

Came up nice and shiney, happy with the results. Keeping in mind that the polishing + application etc was done by a bum such as myself when it comes to car care .

No pics though lol. Not much of a photographer, got a few blurry shots of it with poor lighting on my iPhone in the garage is all. Will have to take my word for it.
    Hey Ben

You applied the Opti-Seal mate. The best description of it would be a DIY version of Opti-Coat. It is a long lasting sealant rather than a permanent clear coat like the Opti-Coat (Yeldarb had to have it applied by a professional).

Glad to hear it came up nicely and you are happy with the results. Don't worry about the photos. I'm not much of a photographer either and I always feel my car looks better in person than any photos I take

Quote Originally Posted by ZAS View Post
    Hey Ben

You applied the Opti-Seal mate. The best description of it would be a DIY version of Opti-Coat. It is a long lasting sealant rather than a permanent clear coat like the Opti-Coat (Yeldarb had to have it applied by a professional).

Glad to hear it came up nicely and you are happy with the results. Don't worry about the photos. I'm not much of a photographer either and I always feel my car looks better in person than any photos I take
    +1 to that!
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Hey Joel,

Any chance us forum members for discounts on this Opti Car Care products lol ? I sent Yeldarb a PM on this question but figured might as well ask here so everyone knows the answer, but how long does the application take to do ? Say base it on the Mazda 6, application + drying time etc. Also lets say you heaven forbid get into a car crash and parts of your car get replaced and resprayed, I'm guessing you would have to get those parts re-protected again. Ug what a pain that would be...

Just sent redline car care an email requesting pricing for when I get my new car as I'm sure interested in getting this done..

Yeldarb, hurry up and go do some heavy braking and take some before / after pics of the brake dust being removed lol...
    Last edited by Gregar; 28-10-2010 at 10:40 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast