User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eibach Pro Spring Kit fitted to my GenII by MPS Garage - PIC, PICS, PICS!

Thumbs up Eibach Pro Spring Kit fitted to my GenII by MPS Garage - PIC, PICS, PICS!

Hi Team,
    Just thought I would let you know that after a very long manufacturing backorder from Eibach, the
    Eibach Pro Kit Springs have finally arrived. MPS Garage have been able to secure them in the country faster than Eibach Australia could.
    Now that's just amazing!!

I have only driven home from Penrith tonight, but the handling change has been incredible. There was a piece of timber on the M7 that I swerved to avoid, and it was like the car was on rails, swooshing in and out, and I just said a quiet 'f*ck me to' myself in amazement! Other than this, what I love the most from having undertaken this mod is that the huge wheel to arch gap has been reduced considerably, and the car sits a lot meaner, without sacrificing ride quality. These springs are still settling, and they will get a little bit lower when that period is complete.

Rear before

Rear after

Front before

Front after

I think that the lads at MPS Garage will do an introductory price on fitting (see link below). Big shout-out to Daniel, Aaron and their new Mechanic, Adam. I know you guys were as keen as I was to get this done, so thank you very much for staying back and fitting them for me. That is excellent customer service. I'm stoked.

Product Page Linky

Mark
    Last edited by rogwick; 24-08-2010 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Amended Title
    CP-e Cold Air Intake, CP-e Nviscid Turbo Inlet Pipe, CP-e Down Pipe, CP-e Dual Cat Back Exhaust, CP-e 60Duro RMM, Turbosmart Dual-Port BOV, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Jamie Barone Short Shift Plate,

Looks nice mate,
    That's a good price fitted too.
    Well done

That's magic, looks like it's not too low. Let us know how the gutters and driveways go. It's one of my pet peeves seeing how high these cars ride compared to others in the club.

Keep us up to date on the ride feeling too. I share my car with my wife so I have to be sure she'll be ok with it.

The B&W photos rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Cton View Post
    Looks nice mate, That's a good price fitted too.
    Well done
    Thanks mate. Yes, it is. MPS Garage have really done well to offer this price including installation.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    That's magic, looks like it's not too low. Let us know how the gutters and driveways go. It's one of my pet peeves seeing how high these cars ride compared to others in the club.

Keep us up to date on the ride feeling too. I share my car with my wife so I have to be sure she'll be ok with it.
    It's actually very reasonable. This car is a daily driver for the Mrs who travels from the Hills to Alexandria every day, and as a result, it needs to be gutter and driveway safe. I don't want her to worry about scratching or scraping then having to worry even more about what I will say. It's not a really unrealistic drop, and I don't think that I would consider going any lower in Sydney Metro.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    The B&W photos rock.
    Thanks mate. I'm a photographer, but these were on my G Series Powershot perched on a Manfrotto tri. Best way to go when you don't want to pull all your gear out just for a 10 minute home shoot. Not too concerned with colour temperature between images that are with and without flash fill for the forum. lol.

I will be teaming up with a few of the boys from here for a fully industrial themed photoshoot in Sydney very soon.

Mark
    Last edited by Kebabylon; 24-08-2010 at 04:28 PM.
    CP-e Cold Air Intake, CP-e Nviscid Turbo Inlet Pipe, CP-e Down Pipe, CP-e Dual Cat Back Exhaust, CP-e 60Duro RMM, Turbosmart Dual-Port BOV, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Jamie Barone Short Shift Plate,

You kinda cheated putting Tyre shine on the "after" shots!! Nice trick lol Car is looking good though, nice ride height! Usually I'm a big fan of colour photo's but you pull off the B&W shots nicely!

Looking good Mark.

photographer, detailer...what other skills do you have mate!

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    You kinda cheated putting Tyre shine on the "after" shots!! Nice trick lol
    Well spotted! Gotta offset my extremely flattering garage door backdrop somehow, mate! lol
    Last edited by Kebabylon; 24-08-2010 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebabylon View Post
    [FONT=Century Gothic]Well spotted!
    Only cause I would have done exactly the same!! Kind of like one of those extreme makeover shows...They wear no makeup, then when It comes to the revealing, hair is done, famous make-up artist etc etc!

Now that she's low mate, are you retaining the same rims and calliper colours? Looks good as is, just wondering...

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Woah, excellent work! Really loving the drop in height, kinda gives it a nice stance!

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Now that she's low mate, are you retaining the same rims and calliper colours? Looks good as is, just wondering...
    I must admit, I think the stock wheels in a very dark grey or black in matte finish would look awesome. Car is on lease plan so tyre sizes cant be changed. I missed a set of RX-8 Wheels that went earlier this week for like $378.00. Check here. Spewing. The gutter rash isn't a problem as this would be repaired before painting. Just don't know whether I would go the two-pak or powdercoat direction. Anyone who knows me knows that I am very fussy, so marks or chips in the coating would drive me nuts. Anyone got a Artline pen? lol Not really a fan f the painted calliper look, personally. I keep mine mint. Wheels come off once a month for a full inside rim clean/calliper/strut clean and brake dust removal job in-between washes.
    Last edited by Kebabylon; 25-08-2010 at 01:59 AM.

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/offic...a3s-vegas.html

You mean something like this? It's my favorite look.

thats looks hot mate!

im down the penrith area every weekend - might check em out.. great price too!

Great looking car....Pics look awesome!!

Thanks Jamie. Good to see you lurking on the Oz threads, brother. Make sure you keep us in the loop on all your new engineering developments, mate!

Looks good, I'd consider it, but have due to the steepness of my driveway, I have less than an inch clearence on the crest of the driveway at present (that is, front wheels on footpath, the rears down the drive way, reversing in...) Two fingers and I touch the skirt and the drive.

By lowering it another inch, i'd be scraping the skirts, and anything else hanging down under the car...
    Last edited by CharlieBrown; 26-08-2010 at 02:48 PM.

Great looking ride and pics are awesome Top work and price looks reasonable too. Would definitely consider doing this mod.

Just a quick one, whats the spring rate like? Is it harder or softer than before?? Handles better than stock?

Ride is firmer of course. Handling is improved immeasurably. My Mrs drives it Mon to Friday, and you know what they are like. If they don't like it, they will tell you. She loves it to death.

These springs look great, A question about the Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, do you need to change the shock absorbers or is using the factory ones ok? also was there any type of camber kit required to stop uneven tyre wear? Cheers.

Hi Guys,
    Sorry for not replying earlier but I have been traveling for business. The decision to fit other shocks is totally at the discretion of the owner. I didnt personally feel the need. I am very happy with the amount of drop, and waited nearly a week for settling until I had the wheel alignment done.

I guess the general perception is that for this mod, you will need a rear camber kit. Not so. When I get home tonight and have the time, i will put a copy of the before and after wheel alignment readings, and this will illustrate that the camber kit isnt required and the settings go back to spec.

I'm very happy with the setup, and anyone who has an MPS3 that has driven my car is completely blown away. Huge difference.

Mark

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast