User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DP installation time cost

Recently had Cypher Industries in Perth install my DP. I chose them to do the work because they have done enough 6MPS's to know how it's done. They quoted $400, but it turned into $520 after a couple of studs broke going back in and after they had to spent a lot of time die grinding the unfinished welded joint inside the bellmouth that would have been a major source of turbulence and flow-restriction.

I am hugely unimpressed at spending $1000 on a bit of pipe, then having to spend more money to fix manufacturing defects.

But happy to recommend Cypher - Zac was very easy to deal with.
    Last edited by kmh001; 08-10-2010 at 05:41 PM.

Gone to Volvo

Hey Leon, Does Chris makes DP for 6MPS or he only does installs for it?[/QUOTE]

Onyx, Chris makes the DP as well as installing it. Do it, you will LOVE IT!!!!

Regards,

Leon
    Last edited by Velocity Red; 08-10-2010 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    Recently had Cypher Industries in Perth install my DP. I chose them to do the work because they have done enough 6MPS's to know how it's done. They quoted $400, but it turned into $520 after a couple of studs broke going back in and after they had to spent a lot of time die grinding the unfinished welded joint inside the bellmouth that would have been a major source of turbulence and flow-restriction.

I am hugely unimpressed at spending $1000 on a bit of pipe, then having to spend more money to fix manufacturing defects.

But happy to recommend Cypher - Zac was very easy to deal with.
    Which DP did you go with Mal?

Quote Originally Posted by Velocity Red View Post

Hey Leon, Does Chris makes DP for 6MPS or he only does installs for it?

Regards,

Leon[/QUOTE]

Didnt make sense to me?
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    CP-e I'd say, if his sig is correct

Congrats on the DP Mal, are you happy with the outcome?
    R36 - Just like an MPS6 except with a growly V6

Yeah it's cpe, but as I said, very unhappy with the quality. Would have preferred an Aussie product but Chris said he didn't have a jig for the 6MPS and wasn't expecting to get one anytime soon.

I'm currently teaching my PCM how to work with the DP and my new and improved Hyperflow TMIC that arrived this week. Getting four wheels spinning off the line during launch, bugger!

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post

Regards,

Leon
    Didnt make sense to me? [/QUOTE]

What more needs to be said?

Leon
    Started out with nothing Still got most of it left

[QUOTE=Onyx;134359]Did you bring your MPS to Mazda and have them install the aftermarket DP? Does Mazda do that? $300 installation cost for DP is alright.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

It was so easy. I went to mazda with the dump pipe in hand and asked if they can fit it and when. booked it in for the next morning and got a loan car to boot!

I've got a receipt stating they changed it so don't have any concerns. I only went there because most exhaust shops outright said NO. I thought the worst they could say was no.
    " if you can't beat 'em join 'em"

New car : FPV FG F6 310

8. Default

Yeah it's cpe, but as I said, very unhappy with the quality. Would have preferred an Aussie product but Chris said he didn't have a jig for the 6MPS and wasn't expecting to get one anytime soon.

I'm currently teaching my PCM how to work with the DP and my new and improved Hyperflow TMIC that arrived this week. Getting four wheels spinning off the line during launch, bugger!
    Cant wait to get to go for a drive in your car Mal

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    Did you bring your MPS to Mazda and have them install the aftermarket DP? Does Mazda do that? $300 installation cost for DP is alright.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

It was so easy. I went to mazda with the dump pipe in hand and asked if they can fit it and when. booked it in for the next morning and got a loan car to boot!

I've got a receipt stating they changed it so don't have any concerns. I only went there because most exhaust shops outright said NO. I thought the worst they could say was no.
    Mazda will install things for you. For me I just got them to install my short shift plate as I didnt have all the tools and was a little bit scared I would stuff it up to be honest.

I asked them to install it for me when they did my service, I handed them the box with all the parts, the printed instructions and just paid the labour which I dont mind doing as they work on these cars everyday ... and Im loving it
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

Did you get yours from MPS Garage? Did anyone else have the same fitment issue with CP-E DP on their 6MPS?

Re CP_e DP I had no fitment issues. Mine was fine and of excellent quality.

BB, I have no issues with a dealer doing mod's. So far I've done them all myself on this car, but I've had huge mod's on a 4WD all done by a dealer here. Not just bolt-on gear but a lot of machining and fitting stuff too. Engage them in what you want to do and it's often a better outcome than doing it yourself or having some low-quality outfit do it, with less experience on the model, and having it all turn pear-shaped and you have no recourse.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

11. Default

Did you get yours from MPS Garage? Did anyone else have the same fitment issue with CP-E DP on their 6MPS?
    If you are in Sydney, which looks like you are I personally would get the DP from Best Mufflers, they seem like top blokes and no-one seems to have issues with their DP in Gen1's
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

Yeah it was from MPS garage. It wasn't a fitment issue, the problem was that the inside of the welded joint at the bellmouth wasn't trimmed after being cut out by the robot and had all this metal acting as a great big baffle to impede gas flow at the most critical location. I wish they had paid more attention to the inside of the pipe rather than the external appearance. After all, it's the inside that matters most.

I spoke to Doug who said his CPE DP was fine so I assumed mine was a production error. I also contacted CPE before it was installed and they offered a discount on my next purchase to compensate for the cost of having to pay Cypher to hit it with a die grinder. Better than nothing I suppose.

Gone to Volvo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123