User Tag List

Thread: Auto-lights on a GenII MPS Luxury

Default Auto-lights on a GenII MPS Luxury

Strangely enough, I have found that it needs to be basically broad daylight to have my auto lights switch off. Example is that I will drive from WPHills along the M2 to North Ryde at about 7-7:30am, and the whole trip, they will stay on. The bright part of the day, they will switch off.

Anyone experience or tried this?

my autolights is bit sensitive..

my car is parked undercover and if i leave during the day..the autolights switch on and it takes a while for it to turn off even thou its broad daylight...
    sometimes a bit annoying as the the dash is too dark to see

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrelli View Post

my car is parked undercover and if i leave during the day..the autolights switch on and it takes a while for it to turn off even thou its broad daylight...
    If I could find it I'd cover the sensor. Have them full time.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Quote Originally Posted by Kebabylon View Post
    Strangely enough, I have found that it needs to be basically broad daylight to have my auto lights switch off. Example is that I will drive from WPHills along the M2 to North Ryde at about 7-7:30am, and the whole trip, they will stay on. The bright part of the day, they will switch off.

On my Gen I the lights turn on and off going in and out of the harbour tunel. Takes a few seconds though.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kebabylon View Post

I find the same however I figured it's also got something to do with the time of day. That is earlier in the morning or late in the afternoon with only moderate to decent light, the headlights will come on and stay on. During the middle of the day, as soon as I exit a garage, the headlights go straight off. At least that's my uneducated theory

Not sure about the Gen2...but the Gen1 also has the button to change dash lights from night to day.

My lights are usually always on...day and night....i have auto lights and cover the sensor.

During the day....i tap the button and the dash appears all bright in orange....later in day....i tap button again...lights change to blue.

Does the Gen2 not have this feature

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    During the day....i tap the button and the dash appears all bright in orange....later in day....i tap button again...lights change to blue.

Does the Gen2 not have this feature
    Yeah we do - you tap the instrument panel light dimmer and it changes the sat nav back to white and brightens the dash lights
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

thanks Leelu, gotta try that 2morrow!

thanks Leelu, gotta try that 2morrow!
    No probs!!!

Out of interest, has anyone asked Mazda to adjust the Auto light sensitivity? My old VY Commode had auto light sensitivity adjustment, as does VW/Audi etc which is accessed through the CAN/OBDII port

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    Out of interest, has anyone asked Mazda to adjust the Auto light sensitivity? My old VY Commode had auto light sensitivity adjustment, as does VW/Audi etc which is accessed through the CAN/OBDII port
    Yes, I got Mazda to change the setting during the 1000km checkup. There are two settings, "HIGH" & "LOW". I got it changed to low obviously, seemed to give me an extra 52 mins before they came on.

12. Default

Yep, had mine put to "LOW", didnt really notice much difference TBH.
    Also got them to activate the auto-lock when the advanced key is out of proximity - love that setting!
    Last edited by 3MPS; 23-10-2010 at 08:58 PM.