User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advan Neova AD08's - Feedback Please

Default Advan Neova AD08's - Feedback Please

Hi
    Im looking at getting some Advan Neova AD08's soon.
    Everyone says they are great so im looking foreward to them. However im a little concerned about frosty mornings on country roads as they are not good with ice and close to zero temps.
    Has anyone driven these on frosty roads in the mornings? Im hoping thats not enough to be a problem, but just want to be sure.
    Cheers

Anyone used these on the MPS at all? Probably getting 4 of these in a few weeks,. Any feedback on these would be great.
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    Anyone used these on the MPS at all? Probably getting 4 of these in a few weeks,. Any feedback on these would be great.
    cheers
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/handl...ht=Advan+Neova

Type Advan in the search engine and it will find what your looking for in different posts . I'm looking at these myself..

I'm looking at these on my Gen 2 as well... Yokohama has special distributors in the country for the AD08s (& AD07s) as they are semi slicks... So u can't just go to say some tyre store and buy them, u'd have to get in contact with like a particular motorsport garage... well in Brisbane i believe its like that... Got told the other day and gave me a contact number for a motorsport garage.

I can get them at Bob Jane, thats a regular tyre place. They just need a few days to get them in.

Anyway, thanks guy's. Ill grab them and see how they go. Probably post up a review after a little while with them.
    Factory tyres are almost dead after only 18,000km, so don't think the advans will be with me for long-nor will they like me very much-but hope there worth it

i run AD08s, flat out they are the best tyre you can own, best compromise between wear and performance, on the track you will get near semi performance. im running 235/45/18 on advan RS wheels.

i am extremely happy, my last set has lasted 30k i have a few ks left on them but they are starting to dull now... i find i get better wear because there is a hell of a lot less wheelspin

What they cost you?

ring albion motorsports, tell them heath sent you they will give you a good price, the price goes up and down depending on the yen to aussie dollar, josh is the one i normally speak too,

the size i got was 235/40/18 not 45 as it gives you the same OD as the 215/45/18 stock gen 1 tyre

07 3862 6200

the other good thing is that these boys are at most track days and they can roll the tyres off the wheels for you for free if they are out there for free... means you can get a little more life out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by heath_303 View Post
    i run AD08s, flat out they are the best tyre you can own, best compromise between wear and performance, on the track you will get near semi performance. im running 235/45/18 on advan RS wheels.

i am extremely happy, my last set has lasted 30k i have a few ks left on them but they are starting to dull now... i find i get better wear because there is a hell of a lot less wheelspin
    How are they noise / comfort wise?? Mainly interested in the noise part say compared to the stock tyres?

they are quiet as a mouse, but have become loud now because they are scalloped from not rotating them enough, they were only rotated in the last few thousand ks

sounding good. placed an order for 4 of them this arvo, getting put on next weekend. I got quoted $380ish a month ago, $430 today, but im getting them cheaper through salary packaged car and lease-plan
    not sure what to do about rotation: got my stock ones rotated at 10,000 service and the fronts were getting pretty low (although the oversteer on gravel roads is kind of fun with low back tyres). hopefully the advans will last a bit longer (sadly they will get a little gravel, but no where near as much as the stockies).
    How are they in the wet? Any experience on uneven roads?
    Cheers for the info
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

Check out stgeorge tyres, they have an ebay page cheap!!

st george never have advan AD08s tho... unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    I can get them at Bob Jane, thats a regular tyre place. They just need a few days to get them in.

Anyway, thanks guy's. Ill grab them and see how they go. Probably post up a review after a little while with them.
    Factory tyres are almost dead after only 18,000km, so don't think the advans will be with me for long-nor will they like me very much-but hope there worth it
    WARNING - stay away from Bob Jane - they do NOT back claims on tyres
    Although Head Office in Melbourne was very obliging - they still refused to even contemplate a claim.

Quote Originally Posted by rd415 View Post
    WARNING - stay away from Bob Jane - they do NOT back claims on tyres
    Although Head Office in Melbourne was very obliging - they still refused to even contemplate a claim.
    As in? They arent honoring any kind of warranty or what?

Ah, just read that now, got back from Bob Jane today....guess you don't trust anyone with the initials BJ lol

Anyway, dealers aside, how are the tires: well....they rock! drove for about 20 mins around town and then 30 min drive back home on country roads.2 major things which stuck out were

1) wheelspin is almost gone. No spin in 2nd, where I used to get a bit on full boost WOT with DSC off. Takes alot of kick to get any spin even in first, so it feels much better accelerating and even accelerating round corners the wheelspin is much diminished

2) FRONT END GRIP! So much of it. Whole car feels much more stable through corners. Much more lively, much more controled, just goes exactly where you point it, even with DCS off it feels controllable and precise. Steering response is also improved.

Anyway, there is my rant. Never realised tyres could make such a difference, would recomend these to anyone.Ill post up some more impressions after a month or so, see if anything changes.

PS, they were put on the car at about 40psi (the max for the tire according to sidewall), what pressures are people running with these? im thinking rear tires should still be a little softer than the fronts...any coment?

---rant over--- Happy
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

Thanks for that mate, i'll be ready to order mine really soon too... The intensive rain in Brisbane has made me realized how dangerous this car can be without proper good tyres... NOO TRACTION in the wet

As for tyre pressure, i think 40 psi is sufficient for everyday driving as its enough to balance out both wear and grip... The less tyre pressure the more grip ur going to get

Yet to see them in the wet, but from reviews they are good.

What im wondering with pressure is not the actual pressure (i ran my factory fronts at 40 too), but whether the rear tyres should still be slightly softer, as mazda recomends, to reduce understeer. ill try dropping the rears down to 38 as I had them before, but on public roads im assuming it will hardly be noticeable.

Anyway, thanks and good luck with yours

Quote Originally Posted by Scaredycrow View Post
    As in? They arent honoring any kind of warranty or what?
    CORRECT
    Wouldn't even believe the printout of the wheel alignment from another Bob Jane Franchise.

BTW... Did u end up going with a 225 or a 235?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast