User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advan Neova AD08's - Feedback Please

225. Just stuck with stock size. Think 235 would fit the GenII rims (7.5" ?)?
    Last edited by Lachlan; 12-10-2010 at 09:22 PM.

Yea I think 235 would fit but it would just come out of the rim more if you get what i mean... atm i'm looking at going from 7.5 stock to 8s and still sticking with 225... Bit unsure... Anyway, i've made my enquiry to albion motorsports already so if all goes well i'll get my set real soon! Thanks for this write up!

Hope you like them as much as I do. Im stuck driving dads 05 falcon xt wagon for the week. big difference
    maybe ask the shop if 235 would fit, and if it would be worth it.
    anyway, good luck.

im running the 235/18s on an 8 inch wheel, speak to the guys from albion they will tell you if you can run 235s on a 7.5 inch wheel, im so glad other people have bought these tires now you can realise how amazing they really are, to be honest tho i dont think they are as good as the ADO7 in the wet however the AD08s are a much quieter tyre and have much better dry grip.

the AD08s in the wet are extremely good compared to the standard tyre, you can actually carry decent acceleration but not full throttle in the wet in takeoff, they are much better int he first heat cycles in the wet... if you think they are good on the road wait till you get them on the track they will blow your mind once they get proper hot, they just keep hanging on and get more progressive and grippier....

I so want to try these soon......

Yea, I"m thinking about maybe only running 225 on a 8 inch wheel... BTW i sent an e-mail through to albion cause i work everyday and dont really get the time to call them but i haven't gotten nething back... Should i wait or give them a quick buzz sometime during my lunch break? Do they open on Sats or nething? I'm keen to try on some advan wheels to see what they would look like especially the RS-D after browsing through the advan catalogue.. What offset did u go with?? (Think i saw ur car on their site) Anyways, i can't wait to get my combo! It'll be an epic day hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by heath_303 View Post
    im running the 235/18s on an 8 inch wheel, speak to the guys from albion they will tell you if you can run 235s on a 7.5 inch wheel, im so glad other people have bought these tires now you can realise how amazing they really are, to be honest tho i dont think they are as good as the ADO7 in the wet however the AD08s are a much quieter tyre and have much better dry grip.

the AD08s in the wet are extremely good compared to the standard tyre, you can actually carry decent acceleration but not full throttle in the wet in takeoff, they are much better int he first heat cycles in the wet... if you think they are good on the road wait till you get them on the track they will blow your mind once they get proper hot, they just keep hanging on and get more progressive and grippier....

definitely call them, you will get an instant response

Had these fitted today (fronts only)

Details:
    235/40/R18 on RX8 series 1 Rims (18x8)

Observations:
    Wet weather:
    - Some wheelspin in the wet through second gear if you give it a good squirt, but significant torque is required to do it. No wheelspin if not trying to make it happen.
    - Lateral grip is PHENOMENAL. Even in the pouring rain. I'm talking 100km/h round 180 degree turns rated at 45km/h with no detectable loss of grip in the wet.
    - Much quieter on the freeway (wet and dry road surface) compared to the old tires and also compare to the Bridgestone Adrenalins I had before those.
    - Braking: It took serous effort, and a bumpy road surface to even trigger the ABS under a full braking situation in wet weather.

Obviously not able to observe anything about wear and tear at this point, but Im expecting 25000 from them.

I'll be getting these put on the rear as well as soon as them are available, and I'm very keen to see what they can do on a dry road now

Iv found all the same.
    Braking is very strong, done a few trial runs and 1 for a kangaroo and it stops both quickly and controlably.
    Pouring rain last night and I was absolutly amazed by the wet grip. Kept expecting the car to understeer, then oversteer on lots of the corners, but it just kept holding on.
    I have got used to the steering response more now so its not so noticable, but it still supprises me how much front-end grip there is - I sometimes end up turning more than I was expecting to

Very happy over all. Hope they last 25000k
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12