User Tag List

Thread: New tyres for Gen 2

1. Default New tyres for Gen 2

My Gen2 is due fr some new tyres!

Just wondering what people have fitted?
    Or recomend?

Hi MPStrav, may I refer you to the sticky threads located below as this has been conversed a fair bit before

handling-wheels-tyres

GEN II and already new tyres???

Quote Originally Posted by KFuNk View Post
    GEN II and already new tyres???
    Happened to me too, although I think the Beaurepairs dude was a bit keen for a sale. His said that both of my rear tyres had inside wear on them and he wouldn't put them back on.

So I changed all 4 and went Sumitomo HTR Z III. Someone recommended them. So fat they have been good and a bit quieter than the Dunlops. Cost me $246 each.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

There is a fair bit of neg camber on the back of the gen 2.

Wouldnt surprise me that its eating up the tyres.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleredMPS View Post
    There is a fair bit of neg camber on the back of the gen 2.

Wouldnt surprise me that its eating up the tyres.
    Don't think a recent track day helped though
    Redbull is DEAD!!

What is your budget? That might give people an idea of the type of tyre you are after.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Happened to me too, although I think the Beaurepairs dude was a bit keen for a sale. His said that both of my rear tyres had inside wear on them and he wouldn't put them back on.

So I changed all 4 and went Sumitomo HTR Z III. Someone recommended them. So fat they have been good and a bit quieter than the Dunlops. Cost me $246 each.
    who the f#$3 is he to think he wont put them back on??? IF i was you i would have told him where to go and taken my business else where ! absolutely hate business who love to rip customers off and even more ones who threaten customers with this type of bullshit..

even if the tyres where absolutely bold it is up to you to decide what you want to do? what if you are struggling for cash and cant afford to buy new tyres
    2005 Mazda MPS6 Radiant Ebony Luxury-Pack

Quote Originally Posted by kovmps6 View Post
    who the f#$3 is he to think he wont put them back on??? IF i was you i would have told him where to go and taken my business else where ! absolutely hate business who love to rip customers off and even more ones who threaten customers with this type of bullshit..

even if the tyres where absolutely bold it is up to you to decide what you want to do? what if you are struggling for cash and cant afford to buy new tyres
    Yeah, I did go elsewhere. I was a bit peeved. But does the shop have grounds not to put un-roadworthy tyres back on the car?
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Yeah, I did go elsewhere. I was a bit peeved. But does the shop have grounds not to put un-roadworthy tyres back on the car?
    Yes they do. Where would they stand legally if they put unroadworthy tyres on you car and you had a crash caused by the unroadworthy tyres? I think they would be in some....

Quote Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post
    Yes they do. Where would they stand legally if they put unroadworthy tyres on you car and you had a crash caused by the unroadworthy tyres? I think they would be in some....
    i dunno know about that mate... its not like he brought the car in for a roadworthy inspection? .. also any paperwork he receives from them i dont think would state the car is safe or not safe..?

as i said in my orginal post what if you cant afford tyres what are they going to do keep hold of your car..

They can not repair an un roadworthy tyre or sell you unroadworthy tyres but they should not have an issue if they just take your tyre off and then put it back on and do not charge you for anything.

I am also at the stage where I need to look at tyres. I am at around 25,000Km

i dunno know about that mate... its not like he brought the car in for a roadworthy inspection? .. also any paperwork he receives from them i dont think would state the car is safe or not safe..?

as i said in my orginal post what if you cant afford tyres what are they going to do keep hold of your car..
    I am just saying they are probably just covering their butt (and trying to make a sale at the same time).

14. Default

Mate clearly you have no idea, its not about threatening customers . . . its usually about protecting idiots and other road users from morons driving cars with unroadworthy & dangerous tyres. Customers with and attitude like yours really make life hard for people trying to do their job. Why should a tyre retailer be liable for you killing someone because your a tight arse.
    Thats not to say that the original poster is an idiot and good choice on buying the Sumitomos Yeldarb

Quote Originally Posted by TBDM View Post
    Mate clearly you have no idea, its not about threatening customers . . . its usually about protecting idiots and other road users from morons driving cars with unroadworthy & dangerous tyres. Customers with and attitude like yours really make life hard for people trying to do their job. Why should a tyre retailer be liable for you killing someone because your a tight arse.
    Thats not to say that the original poster is an idiot and good choice on buying the Sumitomos Yeldarb
    who are you calling a tight ass!!!! did i ever say I would drive on tyres that arent legal????

the OP said both "of my rear tyres had inside wear " he never actually said they where unroadworthy & dangerous tyres as you stated ?? AND neither would i recommend any one to leave that type of tyre on any car !!

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by naddis01 View Post
    I am just saying they are probably just covering their butt (and trying to make a sale at the same time).
    wasnt having a go at ya mate maybe my post come across that way.. next time i am in at my local tyre shop il ask them what the GO is about this..