User Tag List

Thread: Dealer visits + SRI

Default Dealer visits + SRI

Hi guys,
    Firstly sorry if this question has been asked 100 times but i did a search and couldnt come up with anything.
    As most of you know my car has had alot of dealer visits recently due to an oil leak problem.
    Car has been in and out of the dealers 5 times so far to resolve this, It has a DP on it which they have never mentioned anything about.
    But my main concern is that im about to have the car EcuTeK tuned next week so it has to be setup the way i intend to leave it. And that means putting the TIP and SRI back on. Has anyone been to the dealers with an SRI on? did they say anything? yes i know the SRI can be swapped out in around 20 mins but it takes a fair bit longer with the inlet pipe. and i figure if the car is tuned for the SRI it might not be great for it driving back to the dealer with the stock airbox on either.
    Basically id like to leave the SRI on for dealer warranty issues but im too chicken.
    Any input???
    Thank you.....

Mate, unless the warranty issue is DIRECTLY associated with the inlet,maf or sri , i would just leave it on there.
    I have left mine on for every service & nothing was ever mentioned. Remember...its YOUR car, not theirs.
    You'll be fine.

For routine service and tune, my dealer was relaxed about my far more extensive setup. Leave it on if it is already on and tune accordingly.

thanks guys.... Its not on at the moment. but i gotta put it back on this weekend before its tuned.
    and im not confident my oil leak will be resolved, meaning itll have to go back to the dealer after the tune with it on.
    And worst case they have to pull the engine out. Thought they might not be very friendly with aftermarket stuff on there.

i too was wondering this last week,i rang my dealer and mazda aus both said no .. as others have said its your car ,they will just try get out of paying for issues related to those mods...
    i going to take my SRI off before service anyway as my CEL just wont go away and this is my replacement pipe

Hey mate, I'm sure i mentioned it to you last time when you were on another topic??... But i've had the confirmation from my dealership in terms of what you can and CAN'T do that will void your warranty.

As a general information, an SRI or a TIP will NOT void your warranty and it has been asked from the dealership to Mazda Queensland/Aust. Because my car was stock as a rock and the sales person that sold me my MPS was also an enthusiast so he knew where i was coming from. But, basically any modification done to the intake or exhaust system will not affect anything as well as anything like wheels, brake pads, tyres will not void your warranty.

Anything to do with the ECU WILL void your warranty, as they do not want you to go about mucking with the ECU... So these also include anything from powerchips to piggyback ECU will void your warranty.. In this case for me that is what's holding me back from a EcuTek as i dont want to ruin my warranty as of just yet... Also boosting or running higher boost will void your warranty as well as no injectors etc etc.. And apparently if you boost it and go kaboom and take it back, they have a way to find out if your running a higher boost setting than from factory.

Hope that answers your question

They shouldn't be able to tell with the ecutek, even if they do, it holds a full factory warranty guarantee, so if it does void anything, ecutek/mrt will then cover your warranty.

^^ I would read the fine print on that... Last time I checked its almost anything but a 'warranty'.

Leave it on, or call ahead and see what they say.. or, pick another dealer

Quote Originally Posted by Cton View Post
    They shouldn't be able to tell with the ecutek, even if they do, it holds a full factory warranty guarantee, so if it does void anything, ecutek/mrt will then cover your warranty.
    Well, i was aware that ecutek/mrt comes with the "full warranty guarantee" but keeping in mind its for the products they develop for Evos/ WRXs that they always mention with a "full warranty guarantee" I'm not sure how Mitshu and Subaru warranty works, but with Mazdas especially it could be different?? but i'm just telling you from someone i asked at the dealership that was also a car enthusiast. Basically he told me ur allowed to do everything (basic mods) BUT the ECU and the internals etc etc... I'm sure if they are able to tell if u've boosted ur car they can probably tell you have ecutek... But, i'm just making a suggestion for you as that was what was holding me back from MRT etc etc... As i think theyre currently looking for Gen 2 as white guinea pigs to test... But dont get me wrong, i love their work!

The warranty isnt from mazda, its from MRT.

Yes I know it an mrt warranty....
    Also it's definately on the mps's as well. I asked them.
    Also they have a car they have been testing on for months already. They have actually done a few now.

I'm not looking to crank the boost either. 17psi is all I'll go.

If you have the choice, at the very least get the current warranty issues resolved before you spend a couple of grand on a tune. You want a clean bill of health from mazda before you push that baby any further! Good Luck!

intercooler before tune..

if your running an upgraded IC your turbo is not working anywhere near as hard due to the lower pressure differential accross the core.

Doc

Obviously I will need to flash back the stock tune before heading to the stealership, but this will expose me to some serious MAF skewed AFR's. Will it be better to just remove the whole CAI and put the stock one back?

This is screwed up.......every six months I have to fkn strip my car to get it serviced!

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Obviously I will need to flash back the stock tune before heading to the stealership, but this will expose me to some serious MAF skewed AFR's. Will it be better to just remove the whole CAI and put the stock one back?

This is screwed up.......every six months I have to fkn strip my car to get it serviced!
    If the CAI is fairly close to stock MAF then I would just unflash the tune. However if it is enough of a difference to make it run like a pig then you have no choice to strip it back.

I am just about to be in the same boat (Ultimate Racing Downpipe) and hoping that it doesn't cause any issue with the stock map. Otherwise have to tell dealer to NOT touch the ECU, however might be taking it to else where for dealer certified services. A place where MAZDA will be happy enough to keep me under warranty and where the shop is happy to skip details on certain mods
    Last edited by DAN MPS 3; 23-11-2013 at 11:37 AM.
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

I am looking at the Corksport stage II SRI in conjunction with the Airbox as I live in Queensland. I guess I will give it a try first and see if it runs ok with a stock map.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    I am looking at the Corksport stage II SRI in conjunction with the Airbox as I live in Queensland. I guess I will give it a try first and see if it runs ok with a stock map.
    That should run fine, plenty of people running full SRI with stock maps. When I had my INJEN SRI it would run fine on the stock map to get me to and from the dealer.
    SG9 XT: VF34 P20, Tomei headers, STI intercooler HSD coilovers, Brembos and much more...

+1 to it being OK
    Obviously the MAF cal won't be perfect, but it's designed to work on stock tune shouldn't be off too much to make the car undriveable

The one thing you will notice more is how soft the stock tune is No boost until 3rd... what was Mazda thinking?!?!